Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. (20848 Views)

10 Powerful Quotes That Will Change the Way You Live and Think / Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? / Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 1:08pm On May 18, 2016
49. This is a rare image of the Sphinx taken from hot balloon before excavation.

2 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by haryomikun(m): 1:43pm On May 18, 2016
cmaque:
Its explorer again,always with interesting topics.The only one I'm following on NL.keep it up bro
You lie!!!! You dey follow woman too

3 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by haryomikun(m): 1:49pm On May 18, 2016
joseph1832:
Lezz, this was exactly what I was talking about. They came here, carted us off like animals, molested and de_humanized us, then they have the effrontery to come here and tell us killing twins is barbaric, when they were fully aware, we didn't know any better.

And one would think these peeps who profited from slavery were actually more educated and enlightened than our fore fathers.
Mtcheeeew! You think they just entered and carted people away?? You don't even know history. Africans helped them in carting other africans of other tribes away for ordinary mirror and other things they didn't have the brains to develop... Don't solely blame the whites for what they did... Africans share a lot of the blame too.

400 years ago, the whites came to cart africans away and suceeded. This is 2016 and they'll still be very able to Cart away africans if they feel like.

Africa is one big joke.

3 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by haryomikun(m): 1:52pm On May 18, 2016
eitsei:
it's not immediately like that, the dead will be left for at least 6 hours before burial
Still not enough time for the 'dead' to be revived. We have heard cases....

Besides what I heard is Muslims don't allow the sun to go down before burial.... What if the person died at 4pm??
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by haryomikun(m): 1:57pm On May 18, 2016
Pushas:
You forgot the fact that our fellow Africans played important roles in ensuring the success of the slave trade.
I'm never sabi ni
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by haryomikun(m): 2:03pm On May 18, 2016
joseph1832:
So, does that also mean africans were responsible for the atrocities of the white man during the era of segregation? Where the KKK made a complete ridicule of the black man?
You're a myopic thinker and a sentimental African sir....
You think like Black Americans...
I used to be like you,,,, always blaming whites for the s.hit they caused but G, the earlier we realise africans can get their s.hit together and show the world we are independent of them, the better for us.

That's why I laugh at the Say No to racism thing I see everywhere... If blacks are as smart as we claim, we'll be the racists, not the whites....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by joseph1832(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2016
haryomikun:

You're a myopic thinker and a sentimental African sir....
You think like Black Americans...
I used to be like you,,,, always blaming whites for the s.hit they caused but G, the earlier we realise africans can get their s.hit together and show the world we are independent of them, the better for us.

That's why I laugh at the Say No to racism thing I see everywhere... If blacks are as smart as we claim, we'll be the racists, not the whites....
LOL. Here you are calling me a sentimental african, and a myopic thinker, when you can't even smell your own narrow mindedness.

Tell me, if one is faced with a problem, I suppose one can solve that problem kissing the ass of the very people who caused the problem right.

I'll have you know, that in solving a problem, one must go back to its roots, and find out where one went wrong. From the era of slave trade, to that of segregation, to that of balkanization of Africa, to that of colonialism, and now, neo- colonialism, we must ask ourselves what went wrong? Not put square pegs in round holes like we use to.

Any smart man will know the whites stand a lot to loose if we Africans become liberated, both in mind and thoughts, have you asked yourself why the British handed over power to the people in Northern Nigeria?.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by eitsei(m): 3:12pm On May 18, 2016
haryomikun:

Still not enough time for the 'dead' to be revived. We have heard cases....

Besides what I heard is Muslims don't allow the sun to go down before burial.... What if the person died at 4pm??
lol.. What about those that are kept in morgue or those embalmed?

If a person dies by 4pm such person will be buried late at night or next day, latest

2 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Lumiere91: 3:59pm On May 18, 2016
Explorers:
46. Before anesthetics, all you got for surgery was a little ether.
why is he black?
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by mamajaz(f): 6:44pm On May 18, 2016
playtheblues:
OBJ comes to mind.

Bad pikin
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 7:20pm On May 18, 2016

source: pinterest. com

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Interesting15: 7:45pm On May 18, 2016
YOUNGELDER1:
river under the ocean wow. shocked
And some folks will tell me those things just come like that? This showed there is a Great Intelligent God Who created them all.

All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things bright and wonderful
The LORD GOD made them all.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by ITbomb(m): 10:01pm On May 18, 2016
jaelz:
Fucking apartheid movement ama end that shii i swear
Wetin concern apartheid late 1980s and slave trade of 19th century.
Go back to your school and collect your change

3 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by playtheblues(f): 10:39am On May 19, 2016
For your mind.

mamajaz:

Bad pikin
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by haryomikun(m): 12:56pm On May 19, 2016
joseph1832:
LOL. Here you are calling me a sentimental african, and a myopic thinker, when you can't even smell your own narrow mindedness.

Tell me, if one is faced with a problem, I suppose one can solve that problem kissing the ass of the very people who caused the problem right.

I'll have you know, that in solving a problem, one must go back to its roots, and find out where one went wrong. From the era of slave trade, to that of segregation, to that of balkanization of Africa, to that of colonialism, and now, neo- colonialism, we must ask ourselves what went wrong? Not put square pegs in round holes like we use to.

Any smart man will know the whites stand a lot to loose if we Africans become liberated, both in mind and thoughts, have you asked yourself why the British handed over power to the people in Northern Nigeria?.

I know the whites have a WHOLE lot to lose if Africa becomes liberated that's why I said we have so many stupid Africans. We are in The richest continent (resource wisely) and we are still the poorest (GDPA wisely) That's why I said Africa is a big joke

Besides, I have learnt to stop blaming people... Whites fuc.ked up by carting away africans but only a coward or misinformed person will blame them. Africans had a part in it too. It like putting the blame on only past Nigerian presidents for corruption. A lot of government officials contributed to it too

1 Like

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by haryomikun(m): 12:57pm On May 19, 2016
ITbomb:

Jaelz Wetin concern apartheid late 1980s and slave trade of 19th century.
Go back to your school and collect your change
No mind am.... Na village school I'm go
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by joseph1832(m): 3:14pm On May 19, 2016
haryomikun:

I know the whites have a WHOLE lot to lose if Africa becomes liberated that's why I said we have so many stupid Africans. We are in The richest continent (resource wisely) and we are still the poorest (GDPA wisely) That's why I said Africa is a big joke

Besides, I have learnt to stop blaming people... Whites fuc.ked up by carting away africans but only a coward or misinformed person will blame them. Africans had a part in it too. It like putting the blame on only past Nigerian presidents for corruption. A lot of government officials contributed to it too
This is where you are myopic in your thinking. Yes, government officials are corrupt, not just presidents, but, if the presidents have made sure the agencies meant to fight corruption were effective and not docile, government officials, wouldn't have the nerve to steal.

As much as the white man has a history of setting the minds and characters of Africans backward, he deserve a share in the blame. His antecedents shouldn't be forgotten. Have you asked yourself why the white man fought Gaddafi so much, to the extent of sponsoring rebels, and killing him?.

We need a leader like Thomas Sankara, one who have the guts to spit in the face of the white man, and tell him to leave us be, and remind him how he has treated us so far. Ask yourself, why is the white man trying to hard to shove homosexuality down of throats, just like he did religion? Its all about control bro.
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by AbuMikey(m): 8:12pm On May 19, 2016
Explorers:
38. Aerial view of the first Football World cup final, Uruguay vs Argentina.(1930).

This is a Big Fat Lie!!!!

Who took that Pic?
A Photo from 1930, From that Distance, can never be that Crisp! tongue
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Michellla(f): 10:26pm On May 19, 2016
Explorers:
6. There was a giant Argentinian bird.

This bird is thought to be the largest bird ever to fly. It had a wingspan of roughly 21 feet, and it loomed over our planet approximately six million years ago.
its extinct now.Thank God grin

3 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by haryomikun(m): 1:53am On May 20, 2016
joseph1832:
This is where you are myopic in your thinking. Yes, government officials are corrupt, not just presidents, but, if the presidents have made sure the agencies meant to fight corruption were effective and not docile, government officials, wouldn't have the nerve to steal.

As much as the white man has a history of setting the minds and characters of Africans backward, he deserve a share in the blame. His antecedents shouldn't be forgotten. Have you asked yourself why the white man fought Gaddafi so much, to the extent of sponsoring rebels, and killing him?.

We need a leader like Thomas Sankara, one who have the guts to spit in the face of the white man, and tell him to leave us be, and remind him how he has treated us so far. Ask yourself, why is the white man trying to hard to shove homosexuality down of throats, just like he did religion? Its all about control bro.
And that's where you missed what I meant bro. I never said the blame shouldn't be on the presidents. I said it shouldn't be on the presidents ALONE.

You think I don't hate the way the white man behaves?? They are only trying to protect their selfish interest and the du.mabss africans are going along with them. That what's annoying me.... Africans going along with them. You can say all you want but Africans play a big part the cause of their problems. Its just like God hardening Pharaoh's heart. He ONLY HARDENED the heart. He didn't carry pharaoh to the Red sea.....

Do you want to tell me if Africa wakes up and realises he treasures, the whites will stop us?? They can only try.... The damage is done by ourselves.

In JS3 I used to be a guy who gave excuses all the time. I never took the blame and all my teachers complained about me. When I left secondary school, I resolved to change that ideology... Now, even if circumstances work against me and am not at fault at all, I'll simply say 'Am sorry" for an offence I didn't commit. It ultimately made me a more matured guy..

My point is,,, I try to even out the blame between both parties.... The root is the biggest part of the problem but that doesn't mean the branches and stem don't share in it too ......

I hope I made sense wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by joseph1832(m): 6:45am On May 20, 2016
haryomikun:

And that's where you missed what I meant bro. I never said the blame shouldn't be on the presidents. I said it shouldn't be on the presidents ALONE.

You think I don't hate the way the white man behaves?? They are only trying to protect their selfish interest and the du.mabss africans are going along with them. That what's annoying me.... Africans going along with them. You can say all you want but Africans play a big part the cause of their problems. Its just like God hardening Pharaoh's heart. He ONLY HARDENED the heart. He didn't carry pharaoh to the Red sea.....

Do you want to tell me if Africa wakes up and realises he treasures, the whites will stop us?? They can only try.... The damage is done by ourselves.

In JS3 I used to be a guy who gave excuses all the time. I never took the blame and all my teachers complained about me. When I left secondary school, I resolved to change that ideology... Now, even if circumstances work against me and am not at fault at all, I'll simply say 'Am sorry" for an offence I didn't commit. It ultimately made me a more matured guy..

My point is,,, I try to even out the blame between both parties.... The root is the biggest part of the problem but that doesn't mean the branches and stem don't share in it too ......

I hope I made sense wink
You did.

2 Likes

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Silumi(f): 9:44am On May 20, 2016
haryomikun:

I hope I made sense wink
I concur... Excuses re just a waste of important tym and energy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by haryomikun(m): 10:23am On May 20, 2016
joseph1832:
You did.
*fistbump* wink
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 5:24am On May 21, 2016
51. The Gunsore man-eater after it was shot by British officer W. A. Conduitton 21 April 1901. Credited with at least 20 human deaths, the leopard was killed on top of its last victim, a child from Somnapur village in the Seoni district, India.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopard_attack?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4395167220

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by femidejulius(m): 1:22pm On May 21, 2016
Explorers:
5. Grigori Rasputin endured multiple murder attempts in one day in 1916. He was shot, stabbed, and poisoned by numerous people, and he managed to survive. After all that, the cold waters of Russia are what eventually killed him.

I checked his name and out on Google and especially on Wikipedia, seems the account of this man is over exaggerated. He wasn't a super man after all. Check him out yourself.
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Explorers(m): 12:55am On May 22, 2016
femidejulius:

I checked his name and out on Google and especially on Wikipedia, seems the account of this man is over exaggerated. He wasn't a super man after all. Check him out yourself.

He wasnt because he died anyway. Just someone having a die hard story not a superman. He was stabbed, poisoned, shot few times, beaten and until he finally died from drowning.
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Fembleez1(m): 12:18pm On May 30, 2016
Explorers:
11. Officially, the longest war in history was between the Netherlands and the Isles of Scilly, which lasted from 1651 to 1986. There were no casualties.

Tell me, what sort of war is this? Jaw War? embarassed
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by tk4rd: 12:31pm On May 30, 2016
Fembleez1:

Tell me, what sort of war is this? Jaw War? embarassed
An unfought war. Hypothetical War
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by Fembleez1(m): 2:29pm On May 30, 2016
tk4rd:
An unfought war. Hypothetical War

I see. Thanks.
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by tk4rd: 8:55pm On May 30, 2016
Fembleez1:

I see. Thanks.
The war was officially declared, but it was not fought. According to the records, "Not a single shot was fired". Time went on like normal.
After 335years, the "peace threaty" was signed "amidst laughter and jokes", and that marked the end of the "war".
The joke that arose in the signing of the threaty being that they were about to end a war they themselves never knew that it existed; nevertheless, they had to officially end it, so that none of the warring nations would deliberately launch an attack on the other nation as a result of the war..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by 1miccza: 7:06am On Aug 05, 2016
EazyMoh:

More like how?
This is also not true Sultan Ibrahim never executed 280 concubines, it was an apocryphal story invented to further smear his name because he was excuted.

Why was he executed then??What's the real story??
Re: These Fascinating And Interesting Scenes Will Change How You Picture Our Past. by sinaj(f): 8:28am On Aug 05, 2016
Explorers:
23. Soviet biologist Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov attempted to impregnate a chimpanzee with human sperm, but failed in his quest to make a “humanzee.”
human can't get animals pregnant huh?

What bout stories of animals like goat that give birth to half human half goat. Are they false?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hijab: Aisha AbdulAleem Drags Ogun Government To Court, Demands N1m / Govt Flags Off Independent Power Supply In 40 Federal Varsities / Strike Suspension: SSANU, NASU, NAAT Kick As FG Moves To Release N40 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.