Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) (5570 Views)

UPDATED:HOW TO BROWSE WITH THE GIVEN 4GB / UPDATED: How To Download Unlimitedly Using Glo 0.00kb Via Uc Browser Now Active / Updated : How To Download Youtube Videos(No Application Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Hilarityblog: 1:34pm On May 16, 2016
Actually, I just read all what you posted and I think you have gotten it all wrong, they did a SHORTLIST not the WINNERS. Those are two different words with different meanings. With what I saw cause I also follow the competition is that, they select those with the highest number of likes and then those are the ones they shortlisted. After the shortlist, they now verify if truly the Boom ID you uploaded was from a Boom J8. If it is then you are fully qualified to be a winner. That's just my own point of view.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Hilarityblog: 1:40pm On May 16, 2016
lekjons:
yes oo.. who sent them to organise the contest

they're known for making sub-standard phones and we always manage them like that.. yet they'll press to extremes of scaming us with fake promos..

i hope lalasticlala push this to fp..

They make good phones too brother. You actually an hater.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 16, 2016
Hilarityblog:

What do you mean when you say good phones? Is it there useless Camon C8 of a friend dat fell inside water and she took for repairs @tecno office in lagos that there rude staff without manners without asking questions told her it will cost her 29k to repair a fone she bought @ 30k? I guess u are part of dia scam team for branding sum1 who is expressing his concern as a hater

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Hilarityblog: 2:09pm On May 16, 2016
meetmonde:
What do you mean when you say good phones? Is it there useless Camon C8 of a friend dat fell inside water and she took for repairs @tecno office in lagos that there rude staff without manners without asking questions told her it will cost her 29k to repair a fone she bought @ 30k? I guess u are part of dia scam team for branding sum1 who is expressing his concern as a hater

So wait if your phone falls inside water, you want it to still work cause it's S6 edge se. Your friend should have bought a samsung phone if she knew she wanted to bathe with it. Am on no one's side just saying the fact, infinix too does good phones. But different phones for different class of people. Nothing is equal.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by kolexepana: 2:11pm On May 16, 2016
What is the scam there now
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Hilarityblog: 2:18pm On May 16, 2016
kolexepana:

That is my point, am not quarreling with you. There is no scam here, and you don't just paint these products as producing substandard phones. We all know the present Nigeria situation na, how would it feel if xiaomi, injoo, infinix and tecno are all producing expensive phones? we would all be phone-less.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 16, 2016
Hilarityblog:

That is my point, am not quarreling with you. There is no scam here,.
kolexepana:
why can't dey reply to d numerous querries
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Hilarityblog: 2:45pm On May 16, 2016
meetmonde:
why can't dey reply to d numerous querries

Well i don't know about that one.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Iceman296: 2:50pm On May 16, 2016
Hilarityblog:
Actually, I just read all what you posted and I think you have gotten it all wrong, they did a SHORTLIST not the WINNERS. Those are two different words with different meanings. With what I saw cause I also follow the competition is that, they select those with the highest number of likes and then those are the ones they shortlisted. After the shortlist, they now verify if truly the Boom ID you uploaded was from a Boom J8. If it is then you are fully qualified to be a winner. That's just my own point of view.

I think you got it right here, but i am of the opinion that there would have been some mistakes somewhere for OP not to be contacted. All these doesnt mean tecno scammed people as opined, People are actually going to Paris like i read during the week.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Amabeast: 3:13pm On May 16, 2016
Na wa o
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Amabeast: 3:14pm On May 16, 2016
Xhaka:

Davido actually said dubai embarassed
Ehnn now
But I remix am

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 3:24pm On May 16, 2016
I've modified the Thread, pls check the first page.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Roon9(m): 3:29pm On May 16, 2016
Bros if dey bleeped u over once, dey'd probably do it again
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by eightsin(m): 3:56pm On May 16, 2016
There has to be a miss up some where. The lady you sent your details to, did u verify her credibility? as in, is she really from tecno?
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Hilarityblog: 4:05pm On May 16, 2016
Guy nawa ooo!!! is it by force you must go to this Paris? After you go and come back what would now happen? They arenot giving job there na? Abi?

Enouwem:
*Modified*
I've been told by Tecno to run another entry, that the competition is still on. They claim that they was a mistake with my details (which is not true).
Since I cannot kill myself, I've decided to run another entry just to see if they can keep to their promise.

What I need now is Facebook likes.
To like my Facebook post and help me win, simply click on the Facebook link below. Thank you.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1035172709886461&id=100001812256041

One morning while reading through nairaland's phone section, I came across a thread about Tecno Boom J8 competition. Since I own a Boom J8, I decided to check it out.
It was about a tecno competition that'll reward people who post a particular music Playlist from their boom player on Facebook and get a lot of likes from their friends.
The winners will then be selected every week and they'll reward the winners based on the Facebook likes that they had with:
A trip to Paris,
A Boom j8 phone,
Or a Boom speaker.
I opted in to the competition, followed their instructions diligently and beg for likes from my friends and even from nairaland members.

You can read more about the competition here: http://www.tecno-mobile.com/boomj8paris/
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by LongJohnS: 4:48pm On May 16, 2016
Enouwem:
You might be wondering why I said "us" in the headline. Well, this is because there's another nairalander that is also in this same shoe and I'm sure that he'll like to post here too.

Lalasticlala and Seun, pls I'm begging you, give this thread the highest publicity that it needs.
Inasmuch as your story is sorrowful, Its quite pathetic to see a full fledged Nigerian like yourself been scammed by these cheap chinko chaps. What on earth would make you fall for such lies of ever winning to Paris Do you think life is so easy that just with a couple of likes on Facebook, then off you are to Paris?? Lolz wake up!!! Man you bleaped up big time for ever allowing yourself to be molested by tecno. At least now you would know better than becoming one of all these "free to air" tecno marketers, who are constantly constituting nuisance here on nairaland all in the name of going to Paris.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 5:33pm On May 16, 2016
LongJohnS:

Inasmuch as your story is sorrowful, Its quite pathetic to see a full fledged Nigerian like yourself been scammed by these cheap chinko chaps. What on earth would make you fall for such lies of ever winning to Paris Do you think life is so easy that just with a couple of likes on Facebook, then off you are to Paris?? Lolz wake up!!! Man you bleaped up big time for ever allowing yourself to be molested by tecno. At least now you would know better than becoming one of all these "free to air" tecno marketers, who are constantly constituting nuisance here on nairaland all in the name of going to Paris.
Chisoooos Christ!!!... Why is everybody talking about Paris?
Is going to Paris the only prize in the competition?
Did I ever say that I wanted to go to Paris?
Pls, some of u need to calm down with the kind of comment u dish out.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 5:36pm On May 16, 2016
Pls your Facebook likes will be appreciated.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Kelklein(m): 6:16pm On May 16, 2016
I gave up on Tecno the day they lied that their R7 carries a hexacore processor
whereas I found out later via device mànager app that it's quadcore

you just cant separate Tecno and Scam
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by overdrive(m): 7:02pm On May 16, 2016
Enouwem:

I have given u one like .good luck remember me when u get to Paris grin
Enouwem:

I have given u one like .good luck remember me when u get to Paris

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by mosjames: 8:24pm On May 16, 2016
Be like say e pain Op as en no take go Paris shocked
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 8:33pm On May 16, 2016
overdrive:

I have given u one like .good luck remember me when u get to Paris grin

I have given u one like .good luck remember me when u get to Paris

Ok. Thanks
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 8:34pm On May 16, 2016
mosjames:
Be like say e pain Op as en no take go Paris shocked
Who said so?
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by egwekwe: 8:45pm On May 16, 2016
Jim ,my sure nigga grin

This Paris is a most oooo gringrin
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 16, 2016
Very good. Who said u should trust that wicked Chinese phone makers. Wicked stingy with poor designs.
What would u expect from that chinese theifs.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by chidekings(m): 9:28pm On May 16, 2016
Not only techno,most promos in this God and devil forsaken country is always pre arranged and a big scam.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by lekjons(m): 9:35pm On May 16, 2016
Enouwem:
*Modified*
[color=#64016E] I've been told by Tecno to run another entry, that the competition is still on. They claim that they was a mistake with my details (which is not true).
Since I cannot kill myself, I've decided to run another entry just to see if they can keep to their promise.

A trip to Paris,
A Boom j8 phone,
Or a Boom speaker.
I opted in to the competition, followed their instructions diligently and beg for likes from my friends and even from nairaland members.

You can read more about the competition here: http://www.tecno-mobile.com/boomj8paris/
congrats, what about me then

my own bonus don go, i guess chai! Tecno..
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:38pm On May 16, 2016
Haahahahaha...this op tooo funnny....oga wana see paris by fire or byforce. Lols.....all naija promos are pre-arranged scams right from the days of 7up and Pepsi...

Move on jarey.
Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 9:38pm On May 16, 2016
[s]
Hilarityblog:

[/s]
Bloody tecno marketer

next time it's "a" hater not "an"

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by dominique(f): 10:42pm On May 16, 2016
Sorry you had to learn the hard way Op. Most of these so called promos are nothing but fakes. The only thing you can win in a naija promo is customized jotter, pen, umbrella, t-shirt, face cap etc. Any promo that involved trips, cars or lots of money is usually fake. Just take your mind off them and enjoy your phone.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED: How Tecno Scammed Us (Pix) by Enouwem(m): 11:27pm On May 16, 2016
dominique:
Sorry you had to learn the hard way Op. Most of these so called promos are nothing but fakes. The only thing you can win in a naija promo is customized jotter, pen, umbrella, t-shirt, face cap etc. Any promo that involved trips, cars or lots of money is usually fake. Just take your mind off them and enjoy your phone.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tecno Spark K7 Unboxing Review And Antutu Benchmark / Cool Movies To Watch To Make Your Weekend Interesting - Direct Download Links / My Data Usage In 30 Days. Who Can Beat This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.