Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,151 members, 7,842,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) (38985 Views)

BRAKING NEWS:Senate President Bukola Saraki Stops Data Hike. Photos / Photos: Aregbesola Worships With Christians At The Ordination Of Osogbo Bishop / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by mightyjoe746: 5:38pm On May 16, 2016
Keneking:

IHS is Catholic-term used to denote Jesus grin

"The name “Jesus”, in Greek, is written ιησους which is transliterated as “ihsous” and pronounced iēsous. This is the true meaning of IHS, it is the first three letters of the Greek spelling of the Holy Name of Jesus. The insignia is nothing more (and nothing less) than the symbol of the Holy Name."

Source: http://newtheologicalmovement..com.ng/2012/01/what-does-ihs-stand-for-meaning-of-holy.html
Accessed: 16 May 2016

The complete vestment is used for celebrating high mass or with a monstrance, but i doubt the legitimacy of the bearer as an ordained Bishop, a high priest.

Anyway, I am listening to Anaedo special from Stephen Osadebe. Amazing song grin
Oga that is not a catholic Bishop, Osogbo diocese did not even av a bishop as we speak

1 Like

Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 16, 2016
donphilopus:

The robe he's wearing is that of an Anglican Bishop. But I doubt if any Anglican Bishop would go on a lone protest when he has congregation in his chapel/cathedral and the entire diocese.

That is not the full regalia of an Anglican bishop. He is not an Anglican bishop. Besides several springing churches now dress like Anglican Bishops
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by donphilopus: 5:53pm On May 16, 2016
Oguguah:

That is not the full regalia of an Anglican bishop. He is not an Anglican bishop. Besides several springing churches now dress like Anglican Bishops

I've just seen the name of his Church in another thread. It's a Pentecostal Church!

1 Like

Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by Splashme: 6:07pm On May 16, 2016
Ebubeslym:
If the policies being put in place by this administration is not affecting you negatively, then you are deserving of the name ZOMBIE
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by Rexyl(m): 7:32pm On May 16, 2016
This man can't be a bishop, though he might have dressed that way to catch attention, he must be a concerned citizen that has been terribly hit by the state of suffering in the country

I myself could have protested the serious rip off from the phcn. Imagine they are forcing us to pay for darkness. With this and many problems on the ground, government has just introduced another burden that will cause average citizens to suffer more. How the thieves arrived at meter reading in thousands for the reading that is not up to 20 units. FG must have collaborated with phcn to cheat on Nigerians by forcing them to pay for abnormal charges.

subsidy removal is just a scam just as phcn, embargo on rice importation, controversial exchange rates and many others. Only a few are being enriched while many are at the receiving end of 'sick' policies
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by volterra(m): 7:50pm On May 16, 2016
permanentgrace:

Are you still deceiving yourself? When you wake up from your slumber, then and only then you'll realize Buhari/APC have finished Nigeria.

I am surprised at the way u respond to comments without regard or respect. You can actually make your point known without having to disrespect or make derogatory statements about pple. Only pple who are weak and tired of fighting the good fight will believe that it is finished for Nigeria. Things might not be ok now but surely it will b better. Some nations have passed through worse and have come out strong.
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by chaxking(m): 7:54pm On May 16, 2016
[quote author=cornoil post=45673190]This man is not a BISHOP, that's CHIBUZOR the spare parts dealer at Ajegunle Spare parts Market in Osogbo. I bought brake pads from him last week.
NotJustOok
Mr. Cool[/quote I respect your lies
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by fortunechy(m): 8:41pm On May 16, 2016
really in chain
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by permanentgrace(m): 8:45pm On May 16, 2016
volterra:

I am surprised at the way u respond to comments without regard or respect. You can actually make your point known without having to disrespect or make derogatory statements about pple. Only pple who are weak and tired of fighting the good fight will believe that it is finished for Nigeria. Things might not be ok now but surely it will b better. Some nations have passed through worse and have come out strong.

Keep deceiving yourself. Does Buhari and his useless cabinet look like who has anything good for the masses?
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by Captain783598(m): 8:59pm On May 16, 2016
Bishop tell baba the true.
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by mapet: 9:01pm On May 16, 2016
donphilopus:

The robe he's wearing is that of an Anglican Bishop. But I doubt if any Anglican Bishop would go on a lone protest when he has congregation in his chapel/cathedral and the entire diocese.

I am an Anglican and from Osun State. This is not the Bishop of the Diocese....this guy looks to me like an attention seeker......
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by donphilopus: 9:16pm On May 16, 2016
mapet:

I am an Anglican and from Osun State. This is not the Bishop of the Diocese....this guy looks to me like an attention seeker......

Lol. . .That's why I said the Anglican Bishop would have gone with his congregation if he were the one. BTW, I've been informed that he's the former NUJ President in Osun State and now a Bishop in a Pentecostal Church!
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by bentlywills(m): 9:24pm On May 16, 2016
priscaoge:
This one has gone mad ni ooooo shocked shocked shocked

Do you blame him?
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by annnikky(f): 9:43pm On May 16, 2016
D man is tired of d so called change, foodstuffs is high in price even d fuel d@ d poor mass can at least buy for #86.00 skyrocketed to #145.00 so d bishop has take d bull by d horn by engaging in one man protest.
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by Abinupesi(m): 9:48pm On May 16, 2016
u guy's are just talking what buhari fault thir
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by danny56: 10:21pm On May 16, 2016
Ebubeslym:
If the policies being put in place by this administration is not affecting you negatively, then you are deserving of the name ZOMBIE

Well! There are people like me who don't think or border about negativism but always think to counter negativism around me with positive effort,....zombies live in bondage and suffering, so u can tag along the affected people. Starting with ur family, clan, tribe, village community... Just go on...
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by priscaoge(f): 10:22pm On May 16, 2016
kossyablaze:
coming from you? Don't tell me u r a zombie. Disappointed

U again? Hmmmmm I will ignore u as usual!
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by priscaoge(f): 10:23pm On May 16, 2016
bentlywills:

Do you blame him?

Lol not at all cheesy Condition critical
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by omojeesu(m): 10:35pm On May 16, 2016
Did Jesus ask him to do this?
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by zonax(m): 12:57am On May 17, 2016
cornoil:
This man is not a BISHOP, that's CHIBUZOR the spare parts dealer at Ajegunle Spare parts Market in Osogbo. I bought brake pads from him last week.
NotJustOok
Mr. Cool

For real?
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by zonax(m): 12:59am On May 17, 2016
Keneking:

IHS is Catholic-term used to denote Jesus grin

"The name “Jesus”, in Greek, is written ιησους which is transliterated as “ihsous” and pronounced iēsous. This is the true meaning of IHS, it is the first three letters of the Greek spelling of the Holy Name of Jesus. The insignia is nothing more (and nothing less) than the symbol of the Holy Name."

Source: http://newtheologicalmovement..com.ng/2012/01/what-does-ihs-stand-for-meaning-of-holy.html
Accessed: 16 May 2016

The complete vestment is used for celebrating high mass or with a monstrance, but i doubt the legitimacy of the bearer as an ordained Bishop, a high priest.

Anyway, I am listening to Anaedo special from Stephen Osadebe. Amazing song grin

Anglo clerics too do have the same inscribed on their vestments.
Re: Osogbo Bishop Protests Fuel Price Hike (photos) by 4nobody4every1: 2:04pm On May 17, 2016
Keneking:

That is another great song, "William emeka omambala" nko undecided
Listening to it now while l wait for all Pdp looters to be rail road into jail and my friend here on the tree is ready with his koboko to flog all of them in kuje prison grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebelechukwu Obiano Declares Senatorial Ambition, Apologises To Soludo / Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? / See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.