Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback (69086 Views)

Oil Workers Postpone Planned Strike / Photos: Bauchi State APC Youth Leader Leads The Anti-nlc Planned Strike,on Horse / Fuel Price Hike: Crack In Labour Camp Weakens Planned Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Esperooke(m): 9:12pm On May 16, 2016
#Istandwithbuhari...... On deregulation I stand.

On a flip side, I need this strike to rest from office work at least for a day or more.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by francisbiz: 9:15pm On May 16, 2016
bigerboy200:
Some people from the land of the rising sun will not like this ohhhh.They wish to see Nigeria in chaos and confusion...But God pass them...
Where is the NLC President from?
Shey you wan chop 'LIKE'
FANTASTIC-FOOL
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Rexyl(m): 9:15pm On May 16, 2016
ndcide:

It's hard for you to believe me. But what I've said is the truth and fact. Read it again. The north will remain in power for long and or will be the major determinant of how it goes... Just keep it in mind... No need to argue

man can easily propose, note the one that exalts itself can be brought under and the lowly raised.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by ossuofia1: 9:18pm On May 16, 2016
fistonati:
You are still been brainwashed, am pitying you

Sai Baba o jare!!!!
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by CriticalThought: 9:26pm On May 16, 2016
raker300:
You folks think the north would go against the north? You guys are funny

Nlc is ran by the north. The north will forever be better than the south

Ummm please what metric are you using?
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by CriticalThought: 9:26pm On May 16, 2016
raker300:
You folks think the north would go against the north? You guys are funny

Nlc is ran by the north. The north will forever be better than the south

Ummm please what metric are you using?

Go on and expose yourself
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Kingsteve(m): 9:30pm On May 16, 2016
madridguy:
I stand with Buhari.
Amadioha kugbu kwa gi.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by ehissi(m): 9:36pm On May 16, 2016
tuale4u:

What of PENGASSAN and nUPENG that have also rejected the strike?

They supported De-regulation but not #145 per litre and are in favour of dialogue with the Federal government!!

In any case, they rejected the strike action and are willing to accept the new price of petrol in favour of #90,000 minimum wage!!

Everybody now dey fight for e own belle!!

All Promises Cancelled!! angry

This government wan gas Nigerians out!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by ohenhen1: 9:40pm On May 16, 2016
360metrosports:

The proposed plan of Nigerian's labour unions to cripple economic activities starting Wednesday over a recent fuel hike, has suffered a major setback.

According to a report , there is confusion among the ranks of the unions. It's believed that its planned strike may be scuttled by its affiliates as well as civil society organisations in the country.

Some of the unions say they can't be coerced into the activity by the NLC and the TUC.

“Let it be known that Movement Against Corruption and Injustice (MACI) in all our state branches will not join state labour union to participate in the protest without official invitation to any meeting where strategies and line of action would be discussed," Bankole Solomon, a major stakeholder, said.

The Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA), which is an umbrella body for private-sector workers, as well as the National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE) have also said they would not participate in the strike.

In addition, the Abuja Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI), and other organizations are pilling pressure on the unions not to go ahead with the proposed strike.

NLC announced its decision to "Occupy Nigeria" after the federal government hiked the pump price of petrol to N145 per litre last week.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/nlcs-planned-strike-suffer-major-setback.html

Shame on you NLC. Don't you dare try to hijack the Occupy Nigeria movement. A movement that was created to fight corruption.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by fecosequence(m): 9:43pm On May 16, 2016
just a break from work pls nlc stick wt the strike #dont judge me#
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by HRich(m): 10:04pm On May 16, 2016
Anabel:

Makes me wonder what a usual name will sound like in your language.
I kept wondering from far too,

1 Like

Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by ceejay4real(m): 10:26pm On May 16, 2016
madridguy:
I stand with Buhari.
On what?
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Kenobus: 10:30pm On May 16, 2016
360metrosports:

The proposed plan of Nigerian's labour unions to cripple economic activities starting Wednesday over a recent fuel hike, has suffered a major setback.

According to a report , there is confusion among the ranks of the unions. It's believed that its planned strike may be scuttled by its affiliates as well as civil society organisations in the country.

Some of the unions say they can't be coerced into the activity by the NLC and the TUC.

“Let it be known that Movement Against Corruption and Injustice (MACI) in all our state branches will not join state labour union to participate in the protest without official invitation to any meeting where strategies and line of action would be discussed," Bankole Solomon, a major stakeholder, said.

The Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA), which is an umbrella body for private-sector workers, as well as the National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers (NAAPE) have also said they would not participate in the strike.

In addition, the Abuja Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI), and other organizations are pilling pressure on the unions not to go ahead with the proposed strike.

NLC announced its decision to "Occupy Nigeria" after the federal government hiked the pump price of petrol to N145 per litre last week.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/nlcs-planned-strike-suffer-major-setback.html

A novice must have written this story. Where is the set back? Why are Nigerians like this? Nlc ride on. Whether it is pretence or not, go on
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by oloyedfarmer: 10:35pm On May 16, 2016
The truth is that, when labour Union are crying the whole Nigeria will hear but when they are being settled they will silently go back to their shell. winkThe truth is that, when labour Union are crying the whole Nigeria will hear but when they are being settled they will silently go back to their shell.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Chuksgeo: 10:42pm On May 16, 2016
Shame on PDP, they can't even talk as an opposition
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by eniorisha(m): 10:46pm On May 16, 2016
I think it will be more benefitting to all especially d workers if d Union bodies can explore the opportunity on ground.

All unions making up NLC/TUC are made up of professionals in every field of endeavors. It would av been better if, during dialogue btw both partied, the NLC/TUC ask fed govt for their hefty share of money saved from subsidy removal. If they can get about N50Billion , the money then will be used to invest in d oil downstream sector, importing crude oil & having at least 3 filling stations in each state of d federation for the benefits of their members.

They will also need d fed govt to mandate d CBN to always make dollars specially available for their use. If they can get dollars directly from CBN, u can imagine their return after distribution.

If govt will make dollars available for oil importation, then I see no need for industrial action.

PMB, make dollar available. U can beat us, not being able to retaliate & u telling us not to cry no!!!!!

Pardon my childish analysis, I'm open to correction.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by mikolo80: 10:47pm On May 16, 2016
incomintop:
Pilot engineers in Nigeria are not upto 100 in Nigeria the rest are foreign expatriate if they decide not to attend it will affect nothing
pilots ferry the rich across the country. they carry more weight than most Civil servants together. oil workers, food sellers and banks are next most powerful,
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Nasiruddeen(m): 10:47pm On May 16, 2016
Don't Let NLC /TUC Deceive You Again. It was 1st, January, 2012 when NLC /TUC sold our rights, sold our freedom, sold our emancipation and sold our efforts to liberate Nigeria. The former, Presidents of NLC /TUC deceived us and they failed in their responsibilities as leaders. Orman and Esele went to Aso Rock Villa to collect their shares of national cake and left Nigerians in total disappointment then. The issue of pump price increment would have been a thing of the past but NLC /TUC sold out.

The present NLC /TUC Presidents, Ayuba and Kangama are the faces of major Marketers in Nigeria that is why they are fighting their course using civil service platform. The so called marketers are the sponsors and financiers of these Unions when it comes to elect their leaders and they determine who to be what and what or who to be the President.

I am using this platform to appeal to Nigerians to ignore their call and not to follow them like fools because they will trade you with the Federal government when the time comes for negotiations. Therefore, be warned. These are questions I want to ask from NLC /TUC Presidents.

1. How the subsidy affect the lives of masses?
2. Who is collecting the subsidy?
3. How faithful are marketers to federal government?
4. For how long government will continue to pay subsidy?
5. Why don't you mobilize workers to protest against none payment of salary?
6. Why don't you lead a protest against Nigerian Senators /Reps to enact law for capital punishment against any corrupt politicians?
7. Why don't you lead a protest against Nigerian Senators and Reps to reduce their jumbo pay?

Nobody can deceive us again, nobody can fool us, nobody can mobilize us against the government of President Buhari and nobody can use us to make money from government because we have learned from previous scenario in 2012. We say 'No' to protest, No to political motivated protest and NO to fuel subsidy in Nigeria. Nigerians are wise nobody can fool us again.

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by mikolo80: 10:48pm On May 16, 2016
tuale4u:

What of PENGASSAN and nUPENG that have also rejected the strike?
Atoh help me ask am. pikin wen no comot him papa farm go talk say.......
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by litaninja(m): 11:05pm On May 16, 2016
How many pilots are there in the entire country biko...?
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by frozenSun(m): 11:05pm On May 16, 2016
dahmie2013:
U ppl shud better let us move on. Afterall, we were buying d fuel 4 more dan 145 b4.

you see...

that has been the grand plan.
fake fuel scarcity and they make Nigerians suffer to buy fuel for 200 naira so that Nigerians will not stand up and speak out when they finally increase the price.

Government played this game very well and it is just exactly how it was planned
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by jikanbage: 11:19pm On May 16, 2016
LesbianBoy:
God punish buhari and his supporters angry
see ur name self i don't blame u but ur parent who wasted their sparm wasted sparm!
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Dainikel(m): 11:44pm On May 16, 2016
People blaming the wrong person...Buhari really aint the issue here, the oil marketers(the cabals) are the ones grinding Nigeria to a halt!
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by mikeuz(m): 11:50pm On May 16, 2016
askari01:
Wanna know if strike would bring food to my table?? I bought 10 litres with ease today 4ltrs in the gen and 6ltrs in my car... I dislike fuel scarcity hehn, Infact, it makes me SicK.

My money I safe with Buhari!!!.

You get money to buy fuel na, some people can't afford it.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by mikeuz(m): 11:52pm On May 16, 2016
Dainikel:
People blaming the wrong person...Buhari really aint the issue here, the oil marketers(the cabals) are the ones grinding Nigeria to a halt!

Then why can't buhari fight them? Why making the masses suffer for their sin?

The same marketers have been given the right to import fuel now, they will monopolize the market, and the prize of fuel won't come down, fight the cause before implementing strategies of hardship.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by mikeuz(m): 11:56pm On May 16, 2016
Nasiruddeen:

Don't Let NLC /TUC Deceive You Again. It was 1st, January, 2012 when NLC /TUC sold our rights, sold our freedom, sold our emancipation and sold our efforts to liberate Nigeria. The former, Presidents of NLC /TUC deceived us and they failed in their responsibilities as leaders. Orman and Esele went to Aso Rock Villa to collect their shares of national cake and left Nigerians in total disappointment then. The issue of pump price increment would have been a thing of the past but NLC /TUC sold out.

The present NLC /TUC Presidents, Ayuba and Kangama are the faces of major Marketers in Nigeria that is why they are fighting their course using civil service platform. The so called marketers are the sponsors and financiers of these Unions when it comes to elect their leaders and they determine who to be what and what or who to be the President.

I am using this platform to appeal to Nigerians to ignore their call and not to follow them like fools because they will trade you with the Federal government when the time comes for negotiations. Therefore, be warned. These are questions I want to ask from NLC /TUC Presidents.

1. How the subsidy affect the lives of masses?
2. Who is collecting the subsidy?
3. How faithful are marketers to federal government?
4. For how long government will continue to pay subsidy?
5. Why don't you mobilize workers to protest against none payment of salary?
6. Why don't you lead a protest against Nigerian Senators /Reps to enact law for capital punishment against any corrupt politicians?
7. Why don't you lead a protest against Nigerian Senators and Reps to reduce their jumbo pay?

Nobody can deceive us again, nobody can fool us, nobody can mobilize us against the government of President Buhari and nobody can use us to make money from government because we have learned from previous scenario in 2012. We say 'No' to protest, No to political motivated protest and NO to fuel subsidy in Nigeria. Nigerians are wise nobody can fool us again.

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Them they fool you they go. Keep decieving yourself. Why don't they do this or do that. Why can't you do it?

After all the why don't you are relaxed to add increased fuel prize to your list of suffering and smiling?
Weldone
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by psalmsjob: 1:37am On May 17, 2016
LesbianBoy:

God doesn't punish people, he saves them from punishment. But the evil one wants you to think that God isn't loving.

So the proper sentence is; God bless Buhari and his supporters and devil punish wailers and their wailings!

You can't bring a good man down, NEVER!
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by chiditobe: 2:56am On May 17, 2016
Naija and dia politics..I'm learnin a lot.nw d pilots dnt wana protest again.funy politics
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by hmuhammad(m): 4:01am On May 17, 2016
LesbianBoy:
curse urself and ur hero. undecided
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by Nobody: 4:08am On May 17, 2016
I think former president GEJ, needs an unreserved apology from Nigerians and NLC to the injustice melted to him while in power, when I remembered what happened on the first week of January 2012, ( Occupy Nigeria) I can't help but feel guilty the more.
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by adconline(m): 4:18am On May 17, 2016
madridguy:
I stand with Buhari.
Unfortunately, he doesn't give a _fuck about u! Did u get called for CBN job interview? Didn't buy fuel at N87? Do you have power to charge ur phone?
Guess what? GMB and his cronies have all these and you can only fantastize about them!
Re: Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback by feeloscar(m): 4:57am On May 17, 2016
LesbianBoy:
Including you, your cohorts and your mentor. Ole

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ganduje's Supporters Destroy Emir Of Kano's Portrait At Government House. Photos / President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) / What Buhari Told Atiku, Others At Signing Of Second Peace Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.