Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,545 members, 7,812,714 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn (1163 Views)

Reasons Why Steering Wheel Always Hard To Turn / Car Steering Jerks To One Side, What Should I Check? / What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn by elvis1900: 4:22pm On May 16, 2016
Like the subject say...just noticed that turning the steering is getting stronger.This has never happened. Any idea on what to do before i take it to the mech. thanks
Re: My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn by lekankolade(m): 4:35pm On May 16, 2016
Just check the power steering fluid and refill it if it has dried
Re: My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn by elvis1900: 6:20pm On May 16, 2016
Thanks very much..i just checked now and it seems to be below the normal gauge..Please which one do you recommend..its a chrysler
lekankolade:
Just check the power steering fluid and refill it if it has dried
Re: My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn by lekankolade(m): 9:21pm On May 16, 2016
elvis1900:
Thanks very much..i just checked now and it seems to be below the normal gauge..Please which one do you recommend..its a chrysler
Abro product
Re: My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn by Lexusgs430: 4:37am On May 17, 2016
elvis1900:
Like the subject say...just noticed that turning the steering is getting stronger.This has never happened. Any idea on what to do before i take it to the mech. thanks

If you love your power steering mechanism, avoid abro!!!
Find the required manufacturers lubrication specification and top up!!!!!
NB : Hopefully, you have not yet destroyed your power steering pump

2 Likes

Re: My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn by kingreign(m): 6:48am On May 17, 2016
elvis1900:

What car make and model is that?
Re: My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn by elvis1900: 7:33am On May 17, 2016
Thanks..its a chrysler 300
kingreign:

What car make and model is that?
Re: My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn by kingreign(m): 1:54pm On May 17, 2016
elvis1900:
Thanks..its a chrysler 300

Your car shares part with Mercedes Benz E class. If your steering is getting stiff (I know your car is heavy) but you need to check a lot of things, are there any PS fluid loss, is your fluid low, when you turn your steering, is your PS pump whining/squealing? Also check your PS pump and rack and pinion.
If you're in Abuja, call 07034581213 Mike
Re: My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn by elvis1900: 3:00pm On May 17, 2016
Thanks....called a Mechanic and he advised me to buy from Mobile and top it up as the fluid was low..went for a test drive now and its seems to be back to normal. Though i still have to check on it again later just to be sure. Thanks to everyone who helped out...[color=#990000][/color]
kingreign:

[color=#006600][/color]
Your car shares part with Mercedes Benz E class. If your steering is getting stiff (I know your car is heavy) but you need to check a lot of things, are there any PS fluid loss, is your fluid low, when you turn your steering, is your PS pump whining/squealing? Also check your PS pump and rack and pinion.
If you're in Abuja, call 07034581213 Mike
Re: My Car Steering Just Started To Be A Bit Strong To Turn by sultaan(m): 3:20pm On May 17, 2016
They told you to check on the spec but you went ahead and did what your mechanic told you and not the manufacturer. When you car goes kpom you will start asking for help and your mechanic will tell you you should buy a Toyota.

At some point in time power steering do leak because hoses and seals get old and the fluid is was supposed to be refreshed every 3 years the spec is in your manual some times they use power steering fluid and some times it the transmission fluid which could be atf+4 think about this

(1) (Reply)

Engine Replacement / Help Is Needed On My Car / Nigerian Used Astro Chevrolet And American Ford GMC At Giveaway Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.