Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,278 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

What It Takes To Develop An Android App (for Beginners Only) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What It Takes To Develop An Android App (for Beginners Only) (2332 Views)

We Will Develop An Outstanding Mlm Website At Cheapest Price Ever!!! / How Much Would It Cost To Develop An Android And Ios Version Of This App? / Data Science Tutorial For Beginners With Python Programming Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What It Takes To Develop An Android App (for Beginners Only) by appcypher: 7:20pm On May 16, 2016
Building an Android app comes down to two major skills: Java and Android. Java is the offical language of Android development, but it also encompasses learning XML for the design of the app, learning the concepts of Android, and using the concepts programmatically with Java.

Once you learn Java and XML (XML is really easy to get used to, and you should learn the language as you program your app rather than learning it beforehand like you would with Java), you need to learn how to connect these two using Android principles.

For a total beginner, I recommend learning Java. There are no shortcuts here, you just have to learn Java.
You can start with YouTube tutorials to get the basic idea of how to install Eclipse (the Integrated Development Environment, or IDE, for Java) and the Java Development Kit (JDK). It also helps to get the basic idea of syntax behind Java concepts, such as for loops and if statements.

But from then on, after you have learned the very basics, I highly recommend ditching the YouTube tutorials in favor of a book or a lecture series. YouTube tutorials very often do not give intuition behind important concepts, which I feel is 100% necessary if you wish to make an Android app.

Using Google to search up any questions that you are stuck on will save a lot of time and stress. The top results will usually lead to Stack Overflow, but when Stack Overflow doesn't have an answer you can post your questions on /r/androiddev Subreddit. They are always there to help.

So to wrap it up, here are the 5 basic things you need:
1. You need to learn Java, there is no way around it
2. Android part encompasses learning XML for the app design, understanding concepts of Android and using said concepts programmatically with Java
3. Beginners should probably use an IDE (I prefer Android Studio over Eclipse)
4. Building your first app is time-consuming: it won’t happen overnight. This is not a project for those looking for a fast result
5. When stuck on a problem (which will inevitably happen), turn to Stack Overflow. If no luck there, seek the Android Subreddit where there is a helpful community

- learntocodewith.me

PS: For your front-end or back-end Windows, Android, Linux and Mac app development, you can contact me at:
appcypher@outlook.com
My services are cheap.

1 Like

Re: What It Takes To Develop An Android App (for Beginners Only) by oluwaskulboy(m): 10:12pm On May 25, 2016
DEVELOPING AN ANDROID APP, WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. http://techzone.com.ng/2016/05/05/developing- android-app-know/
Re: What It Takes To Develop An Android App (for Beginners Only) by NigAmbassador: 9:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hello
I am a programmer in C#, and I also know that mobile app dev is becoming key in business growth and development....

Please I need to dig into it now.... How can u help
Re: What It Takes To Develop An Android App (for Beginners Only) by Darangi007: 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
NigAmbassador:
Hello
I am a programmer in C#, and I also know that mobile app dev is becoming key in business growth and development....

Please I need to dig into it now.... How can u help
since u are a c# programmer, u can develop for Android using c# jst go and download xamarin (ide)from www.xamarin.com and tutorials(i recommend joe rocks' xamarin tutorial on youtube)and you are good to go.... it is cross platform,u can also develop for Android ,iOS and windows using one code base..Goodluck!
Re: What It Takes To Develop An Android App (for Beginners Only) by NigAmbassador: 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
Darangi007:

since u are a c# programmer, u can develop for Android using c# jst go and download xamarin (ide)from www.xamarin.com and tutorials(i recommend joe rocks' xamarin tutorial on youtube)and you are good to go.... it is cross platform,u can also develop for Android ,iOS and windows using one code base..Goodluck!

Thanks alot
Am really grateful

(1) (Reply)

What Kinds Of App Cn Be Built With Android Studio Software? / 1. Learning Android Programming / Android Developers Drop Your Published Apps Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.