Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe (2010 Views)

Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" / Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / Pls Advise On Which Bank Is Best For Online Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 8:54pm On May 16, 2016
Good day Nairalanders, please I need professional advice on steps to take. Am seriously confused. My Dad went to SKYPE BANK, precisely SANGO OTA branch today to make cash withdrawer. After filling the teller, the cashier said he has less than the amount he filled in the teller, knowing fully that he has more than that, he requested for his statement of account only to find out that an unknown person have been withdrawing from his account without receiving any alerts from may 6th. The person has withdraw a total of one million four hundred and eighty five thousand naira.
Mind you he has no ATM card. It was cash with drawer. Please what steps do suggest we should take. Cos, he seriously confused.
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by gidimasters(m): 9:02pm On May 16, 2016
Huh? Hope he didn't sign a yet to use cheque... meanwhile, even if there is a signed cheque, the bank should be able to trace the cvlprit as there will be records na
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by SUPERPACK: 9:03pm On May 16, 2016
AdlatWorld:
Good day Nairalanders, please I need professional advice on steps to take. Am seriously confused. My Dad went to SKYPE BANK, precisely SANGO OTA branch today to make cash withdrawer. After filling the teller, the cashier said he has less than the amount he filled in the teller, knowing fully that he has more than that, he requested for his statement of account only to find out that an unknown person have been withdrawing from his account without receiving any alerts from may 6th. The person has withdraw a total of one million four hundred and eighty five thousand naira.
Mind you he has no ATM card. It was cash with drawer. Please what steps do suggest we should take. Cos, he seriously confused.
Get a gud lawyer, and sue the bank demanding for the evidence of transaction and the withdrawal slip used btw 6th-the discovery date and if Possible the CCTV coverage of the previous transactions, then proceed to report to EFCC for investigation and prosecution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by gidimasters(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2016
SUPERPACK:
Get a gud lawyer, and sue the bank demanding for the evidence of transaction and the withdrawal slip used btw 6th-the discovery date and if Possible the CCTV coverage of the previous transactions, then proceed to report to EFCC for investigation and prosecution.
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by gidimasters(m): 9:07pm On May 16, 2016
lalasticlala mynd44 o
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2016
SUPERPACK:
Ok thank you. U suggest we start with a lawyer?
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 9:10pm On May 16, 2016
gidimasters:
Huh? Hope he didn't sign a yet to use cheque... meanwhile, even if there is a signed cheque, the bank should be able to trace the cvlprit as there will be records na
It is a saving account
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by thesicilian: 9:19pm On May 16, 2016
Those bankers must be involved. They make you sign your own signature ten times and tell you that you don't resemble yourself when you want to withdraw common five thousand naira. They're not seriously going to say they were not aware someone else was withdrawing money from the account

1 Like

Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by SUPERPACK: 9:21pm On May 16, 2016
AdlatWorld:

Ok thank you. U suggest we start with a lawyer?
first of all make a report to ur bank where u opened the account, Get a lawyer on standby because its nt going to be an easy fight, if the bank fail to resolve the issue you can nw hand over the case to a proffessional lawyer.
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by stnkembu(m): 9:42pm On May 16, 2016
@Op, who did the bank said withdrew the Money?
They have CCTV coverage, so they can easily tell.
Meanwhile, your Dad should write to them officially, requesting that his money be refunded immediately.
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 9:51pm On May 16, 2016
stnkembu:
@Op, who did the bank said withdrew the Money?
They have CCTV coverage, so they can easily tell.
Meanwhile, your Dad should write to them officially, requesting that his money be refunded immediately.
He said the attendant even said the transactions was done in a branch he has not visited.
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by agarawu23(m): 10:29pm On May 16, 2016
SUPERPACK:
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 6:20pm On May 17, 2016
We went to the bank today to submit a letter to the branch manager as requested. Waiting for the outcome
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 6:25pm On May 17, 2016
I also mail there YES centre (customer care)
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by osile2012: 7:24pm On May 17, 2016
[size=18pt]Op i hope this is not story your dad is using as excuse to dodge bill grin grin grin grin grin Joking grin grin

On a serious note: First i will advise u follow the link on my signature, click on rate brands, find the bank and click to rate them based on your experience.

Nigerians should form the habit of rating these brands through this platform.

Then proceed to the bank. There is no way someone can withdraw cash from a savings account if it not the signatory except by atm machine.
[/size]
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 8:01pm On May 17, 2016
osile2012:
[size=18pt]Op i hope this is not story your dad is using as excuse to dodge bill grin grin grin grin grin Joking grin grin

On a serious note: First i will advise u follow the link on my signature, click on rate brands, find the bank and click to rate them based on your experience.

Nigerians should form the habit of rating these brands through this platform.

Then proceed to the bank. There is no way someone can withdraw cash from a savings account if it not the signatory except by atm machine.
[/size]
He did not even have ATM
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 8:03pm On May 17, 2016
We've involved a lawyer. The lawyer's letter will be delivered hopefully tomorrow. Provided that there's no strike tomorrow
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:35pm On May 17, 2016
Hmmn, this one go tough o
Kindly get in touch with me in case we need to storm the head office with soldiers and EFCC operatives.

1 Like

Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 8:28pm On May 18, 2016
No response received from the letter submitted to the branch yesterday
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2016
We shall the lawyer's letter tomorrow
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2016
We visited the head office yesterday to submit the lawyer's letter. They promised to start investigation immediately. They promised 2 weeks for feedback. Hope to see positive results.
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:49pm On May 20, 2016
HazzanTazzan:
Hmmn, this one go tough o
Kindly get in touch with me in case we need to storm the head office with soldiers and EFCC operatives.
Hahaha I catch u today
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by charlsecy(m): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2016
AdlatWorld:
They promised 2 weeks for feedback. Hope to see positive results.
It is almost 2 months now, but you have failed to update us!
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:05pm On Jul 14, 2016
AdlatWorld:
We visited the head office yesterday to submit the lawyer's letter. They promised to start investigation immediately. They promised 2 weeks for feedback. Hope to see positive results.
How did it go? Bro
Re: Saving Money In SKYE BANK Is No Longer Safe by AdlatWorld(m): 5:48am On Sep 08, 2016
Sorry for the late feedback.
They even send staff from their headquarter to come & apologize.
The money have been refunded.
They promised to work on the loop holes.

(1) (Reply)

Step By Step Of How To Register A Company With The Corporate Affairs Commission / Original Pure Honey, Its Importance And Recognition (make Your Orders Now). / Equities Market Loses N170bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.