Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,868 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Equities Market Loses N170bn - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Equities Market Loses N170bn (2010 Views)

Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe / Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety / Business News..fcmb Group Announces N170bn Gross Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Equities Market Loses N170bn by voiceoftheupcom: 4:23am On Dec 19, 2017
EQUITIES MARKET LOSES N170BN
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/12/equities-market-loses-n170bn.html

The Nigerian equities market, yesterday lost N170 billion, beginning the week in the red.
In summary, the All Share Index (ASI) shed 478.12 absolute points, representing a decline of 1.24 per cent to close at 37,957.96 points. However, the market capitalisation shed N170 billion to close at N13.508 trillion.
Eyes Of Lagos findings revealed that, The downturn was impacted by losses recorded in medium and large capitalised stocks, amongst which are; Dangote Cement, international Breweries, Nascon and Allied industries, Cadbury and Flourmill Nigeria.
Analysts at Afrinvest Limited said, “Despite yesterday’s negative performance, market breadth strengthened. Hence, we expect a rebound in subsequent trading sessions as investors take position in anticipation of year-end rally.”
However, market breadth closed at par, recording both 19 gainers and 19 losers. Presco recorded the highest price gain of 8.81 per cent, to close at N72 per share. UAC Property followed with a gain of 5.66 per cent to close at N2.80, while Champion Breweries and Vitafoam appreciated by five per cent, each to close at N2.10 and N2.94 per share, respectively. Union Bank up by 4.90 percent, to close at N7.92 per share.
On the other hand, Cadbury Nigeria led the losers’ chart by 5.89 per cent, to close at N13.90 per share, while Eterna and international Breweries followed with a decline of five per cent, each to close at N3.99 and N52.10 per share, respectively. Nascon and Allied Industries declined by 4.97 percent, to close at N18.34 and Caverton declined by 4.38 per cent to close at N1.31 per share.
Investors traded a total of 752.11 million shares valued at N127.93 billion in 3,576 deals. The surge in volume and value can be primarily attributed to trades in Dangote Cement, topping the activity chart with 550.09 million shares valued at N124.1 billion. Guaranty Trust Bank followed with 41.33 million shares worth N1.65 billion, while Zenith Bank traded 35.3 million shares valued at N904.26 million.
FBN Holdings traded 21.73 million shares valued at N192.29 million, while UBA sold 21.5 million shares worth N218.1 million.

1 Share

Re: Equities Market Loses N170bn by agwom(m): 5:05am On Dec 19, 2017
Bad news for investors...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Equities Market Loses N170bn by TherWasACountry: 6:37am On Dec 19, 2017
Time to buy

2 Likes

Re: Equities Market Loses N170bn by Macgreat(m): 7:27am On Dec 19, 2017
Wow
Re: Equities Market Loses N170bn by admissionrunz: 7:33am On Dec 19, 2017
this is a very bad news for all our stock investors.... God will still make you all smile before this year runs out. we all are increasing in every side. AMEN.
Re: Equities Market Loses N170bn by anonimi: 7:39am On Dec 19, 2017
agwom:
Bad news for investors...

........no surprise since we have a vision-less barawo in charge since 2015.
So so bad news as it was in the 80s when he was ruling ruining us as a military dictator.
The surprise is why Ebola Owu imposed him on us despite knowing he is unfit and incapable of managing the economic prosperity handed over to him

citizenisb:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says President Muhammadu Buhari may not do well in economy and foreign affairs, except in military matters.

“Buhari is not a very hot person on the economy and foreign affairs,” Obasanjo said.

The former President stated this on Monday at the third International Conference on African Development Issues — themed, “Driving inclusive and sustainable development in Africa: Models, methods and policies” — organised by Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

While reacting to a question posed to him by a member of the audience: “Is there any hope for Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari?”, Obasanjo replied, “Is there any hope for Nigeria under this administration? I came back from Geneva, Switzerland a few days ago to attend a conference titled, ‘Are elections giving democracy a bad name?’ We had an election, we elected a leader and the good thing about democracy is that the power you have to elect a leader is also the power you have to remove him. I am saying this because I said earlier that if you don’t see any leader that has done well in the 56 years of Nigeria’s independence, then let us forget about Nigeria.

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306

1 Like

Re: Equities Market Loses N170bn by KingRex1(m): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2017
Smart ones will invest now

Others will go on a spending spree
Re: Equities Market Loses N170bn by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 19, 2017
Buhari is working abi?

Every indice is bleeding red blood and people are still not convinced we need someone else on that seat

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

»»» Do You Need A Tank Farm Anywhere In Nigeria ««« / How I Help Businesses Make Millions / No Power Supply: See My Devastating Loss (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.