Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,065 members, 7,828,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 (4834 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Poses With His Sister At His Court Hearing Today. Photos / #ondodecides2016: New Appeal Court Hearing Updates / #ondodecides2016: Appeal Court Hearing Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by Onyocha: 10:38pm On May 16, 2016
Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18

“The Movement will follow the laid down rules and procedures in seeking redress and no amount of intimidation and provocation will deter it from the path of truth and justice."

by SaharaReporters, New York May 16, 2016

The first court hearing on the kidnapping and maltreatment of Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky, the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria (IMN), will commence on May 18, 2016 at the Federal High Court in Kaduna State.

Sheikh Zakzaky was abducted and abused by Nigerian military troops in the midst of the Zaria massacre, in which at least 347 IMN members were killed by the military.

In a press release issued by IMN spokesman Ibraheem Musa, the organization stated that it was seeking justice and redress for the inhumane treatment of its leader through the federal courts rather than the Judicial Commission of Inquiry (JCI) established by the Kaduna State government to investigate the massacre. The group dismissed the JCI as a “Kangaroo Commission” designed to indict the IMN and protect the military from prosecution.

The IMN further stated that the government is using the Department of State Service (DSS) to intimidate Femi Falana, the prominent human rights lawyer leading the IMN legal team. According to the IMN, the DSS has been pressuring Mr. Falana and the IMN to seek redress in the JCI rather than in court

“The Movement will follow the laid down rules and procedures in seeking redress and no amount of intimidation and provocation will deter it from the path of truth and justice,” the group said in its statement.

The IMN added that its decision to take the matter to court was made by Sheikh Zakzaky and not Mr. Falana, as the DSS has alleged.

To date, the federal government has failed to take effective, concrete steps towards investigating December’s massacre and prosecuting those responsible.

The Kaduna State government recently admitted that it secretly buried 347 victims, corroborating earlier reports by human rights organizations. According to such reports, women, children, and the elderly were among the deceased, with many being burned alive, stabbed with bayonets, and shot at close range.

The IMN alleged that over 850 members remain missing. After the massacre, hundreds of IMN members were abducted and detained in unknown facilities, according to the group.

The organization hopes that Wednesday’s court hearing will finally bring justice to these victims. In the mean time, the IMN has called for the immediate release of their leader and other detained IMN members.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/05/16/sheikh-zakzaky-court-hearing-slated-may-18

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 16, 2016
This FTC is dedicated to all the atheist, gay, tranny and tranny wannabe, les so that they may "FEAR GOD." Issokay! Anambra ppl be like *Bughali na ebughali anyi" seriously!

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by Herapal(m): 8:10am On May 17, 2016
Forgive their mistake. Na im gemu cause confusion.
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by androsurf: 8:10am On May 17, 2016
Is it only me or someone else noticed that making front page is pretty easy lately.... undecided
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by LordzOsha: 8:10am On May 17, 2016
C
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by omehsmovie: 8:11am On May 17, 2016
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by semiga(m): 8:12am On May 17, 2016
El Zarkazy I feel your pains... Too bad the court will still find you guilty

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by abnur14(m): 8:18am On May 17, 2016
I don't know y but I jes pity this man this case won't b easy.. I believe he and his crew hv learnt their lessons clearly but some one is supposed to be held accountable for the lost of lives and property.. there were multiple ways d army could hv dealt with them without killing any..

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by madridguy(m): 8:19am On May 17, 2016
Buhari Pls pardon Sheikh El-Zarkazy.
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by afanide: 8:22am On May 17, 2016
who's he undecided
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by Hillzy(m): 8:30am On May 17, 2016
Not dat am in support wit wat d NA did but wat dey did was d right call, dis man have been running a parallel gov't in zaria city for more than 20yrs oppressing citizen of zaria wit his goons any how they like n he meet his water loom at d right time

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by koboko69: 8:32am On May 17, 2016
Come and see Ipod yoots support Hausa Muslims this time around grin

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by kunta2simple: 8:36am On May 17, 2016
Cool move
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by IRserveMyComent(f): 8:41am On May 17, 2016
This is truly man's inhumanity to man. Nigerian military kill without thinking of how their own lives would come to an end. God would judge any and every man responsible whether directly or indirectly for taking innocent lives.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by ButterFrost212(f): 8:44am On May 17, 2016
this is already a lost cause, this man was a threat to the peace and stability of Zaria and kaduna as a whole, he and his so called followers got what they deserved, so they should please let us hear word. it's just a pity that the innocent had to suffer for their sin

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by ButterFrost212(f): 8:47am On May 17, 2016
abnur14:
I don't know y but I jes pity this man this case won't b easy.. I believe he and his crew hv learnt their lessons clearly but some one is supposed to be held accountable for the lost of lives and property.. there were multiple ways d army could hv dealt with them without killing any..
then you do not know these people, if they were not dealt with in this way then it could have turned into something else..these people really overstepped their boundary.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by itzsniper(m): 8:48am On May 17, 2016
I luv wat d army did
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by itzsniper(m): 8:51am On May 17, 2016
ButterFrost212:

then you do not know these people, if they were not dealt with in this way then it could have turned into something else..these people really overstepped their boundary.
jah bless u my brother, u are d only 1 making sense hia, any 1 DAT av been to d north will know DAT dz pple are pure animal in human form

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by Aspireahead(m): 8:53am On May 17, 2016
ButterFrost212:
this is already a lost cause, this man was a threat to the peace and stability of Zaria and kaduna as a whole, he and his so called followers got what they deserved, so they should please let us hear word.
See stupid.ity for this cold Tuesday Monday. guy go take mai shai make you come back. Dan banza
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by ButterFrost212(f): 8:57am On May 17, 2016
Aspireahead:

See stupid.ity for this cold Tuesday Monday. guy go take mai shai make you come back. Dan banza
kai ne Dan banza..if you do not like my opinion, do not comment on it, it's that easy.
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by Hillzy(m): 8:59am On May 17, 2016
koboko69:
Those guyz are so confused n frustrated that them their self don't know wat they want again

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by olafum1(m): 9:01am On May 17, 2016
I really don't know which sides I should pick
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by tobiasbeecher: 9:04am On May 17, 2016
ButterFrost212:
this is already a lost cause, this man was a threat to the peace and stability of Zaria and kaduna as a whole, he and his so called followers got what they deserved, so they should please let us hear word.
"They got what they deserved" because you and your family members were not among the 347 people (including women and children) murdered extra-judiciously by the unprofessional Nigerian Army right? The danger of not speaking up against evil and injustice to others is that when it happens to us we won't have anybody to speak for us.

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by tobiasbeecher: 9:08am On May 17, 2016
ButterFrost212:

What do you mean that they overstepped their boundary? So murdering 347 people and burying them in shallow graves is right to you?

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by ButterFrost212(f): 9:13am On May 17, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

"They got what they deserved" because you and your family members were not among the 347 people (including women and children) murdered extra-judiciously by the unprofessional Nigerian Army right? The danger of not speaking up against evil and injustice to others is that when it happens to us we won't have anybody to speak for us.
calm down, killing innocent people was definitely wrong. maybe I didn't read that part of the post, but if you have lived in Zaria you will find that these people were fast becoming something like boko haram..they were not peace loving people, and people who love trouble always get trouble. but of course the innocent ones did not deserve to die, I take that back
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by abnur14(m): 9:27am On May 17, 2016
ButterFrost212:

I know them quite well but I still don't believe they should b massacred like that.. and d army didn't Jes target shite people buh the whole hussainiyah whereas some residents there are not part of d group..
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by Chivee(f): 9:39am On May 17, 2016
koboko69:
Of course the the right thinking ones will be tongue-tied on this issue for obvious reasons..
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by wasak(m): 9:41am On May 17, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

This is the provision of the constitution
(2) A person shall not be regarded as having been deprived of his life in contravention of this section, if he dies as a result of the use, to such extent and in such circumstances as are permitted by law, of such force as is reasonably necessary—

(a) for the defence of any person from unlawful violence or for the defence of property ;

(b) in order to effect a lawful arrest or to prevent the escape of a person lawfully detained ; or

(c) for the purpose of supressing a riot, insurrection or mutiny ;

Stop making blind argument in support of the Shiite, if they turn out to be like boko haram tomorrow, it is people like you who will point accusing fingers at the government.
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by tobiasbeecher: 9:54am On May 17, 2016
wasak:

This is the provision of the constitution
(2) A person shall not be regarded as having been deprived of his life in contravention of this section, if he dies as a result of the use, to such extent and in such circumstances as are permitted by law, of such force as is reasonably necessary—

(a) for the defence of any person from unlawful violence or for the defence of property ;

(b) in order to effect a lawful arrest or to prevent the escape of a person lawfully detained ; or

(c) for the purpose of supressing a riot, insurrection or mutiny ;

Stop making blind argument in support of the Shiite, if they turn out to be like boko haram tomorrow, it is people like you who will point accusing fingers at the government.
It clearly shows that you have wasted your parents resources in the name of sending you to whatever wack school you must have attended. Stop abusing the constitution Mr. man, you're totally ignorant as concerned the provision you shamelessly quoted. So the provision you quoted also said that the army should go to people's houses and murder them extra judiciously irrespective of innocent women and children among them? Your problem is that you lack understanding of the provisions of the constitution you quoted, hence you shamelessly brought it up to justify your barbaric opinion. You're not alright Mr man
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by Teespice(f): 11:47am On May 17, 2016
everywhere I go to especially the bridges on muritala mohammed way I see scribbled writing of free zakazay and don't free zakazay.

so this is the face of the man they want free at all cost. someone who has been terrorising residents of kaduna with his doctrines.

oriegwu.
Re: Sheikh Zakzaky Court Hearing Slated For May 18 by wasak(m): 11:51am On May 17, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

It clearly shows that you have wasted your parents resources in the name of sending you to whatever wack school you must have attended. Stop abusing the constitution Mr. man, you're totally ignorant as concerned the provision you shamelessly quoted. So the provision you quoted also said that the army should go to people's houses and murder them extra judiciously irrespective of innocent women and children among them? Your problem is that you lack understanding of the provisions of the constitution you quoted, hence you shamelessly brought it up to justify your barbaric opinion. You're not alright Mr man
Lol, I know people like yu, all you do is resort to insults when confronted with argument. Sorry I quoted you in the first place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Why Are Igbos Not Dociled Or Easily Controlled Like Other Ethnic Groups/tribes? / Buhari Refused To Shake Ortom's Hand At Council Of State Meeting - Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.