Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG (24769 Views)

Delta To Build 30,000bpd Modular Refineries / Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency / Where Are The Modular Refineries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by TomLepskie(m): 12:05am On May 17, 2016
— 16th May 2016
Federal Government will soon release the names of the four companies which successfully bided to operate Modular Refineries to enable them commence operation, according to Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who disclosed on Monday while briefing journalist in Abuja as part of ongoing sensitization campaign on the deregulation of the down stream sector of the nation’s petroleum industry.

The minister assured that when fully operational, Nigeria will be able to refine 650,000 per day of petrol from the refineries while Dangote Refinery will also add 750,000 barrels per day, to make Nigeria net exporter of refined petroleum products.

The Minister who noted that federal government has meticulously followed the process for approving the bid winners, said the ventures will help create over 200,000 jobs as well as stimulate the economy.

Alhaji Mohammed who briefed in company of the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry and General Manager, Group Public Affairs of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation NNPC, Alhaji Garbadeen Mahammad, told newsmen that the NNPC was heading for bankruptcy because it became the sole importer of over 90 percent of petroleum products consumed by Nigerians shortly before the recent deregulation.

He disclosed that NNPC was spending about $550 Million and needed about $600m to continue fuel importation, before the current government intervention in the sector to save the firm from bankruptcy.

He disclosed further that the nation could not afford to open letters of credit for the fuel importers because of the dwindling income from crude oil

” We did not have enough foreign exchange to open letters of credit for people to import fuel” adding that ” We must never be pushed to a situation in which we are forced to subsidize fuel prices again in this country, because even if prices of crude oil improves, there are a lot of things we can do with the money to ameliorate the sufferings of our people”

Alhaji Mohammed who assured that the new regime will discourage petroleum products hoarding, product diversion and other unwholesome practices in the petroleum industry, also added that “We have no choice but to deregulate the price of petrol at the rate we were going”

He debunked insinuations that what government did was to remove subsidy from petroleum products adding that ” there was no subsidy in the first place”

” One Trillion Naira was paid out as subsidy last year, therefore, in the 2016 budget, government refused to make provision for subsidy”

On the gains expected from the current deregulation, he announced that government will create jobs for 370,000 technicians and Artisan, while 1.76 million unemployed small business operators were being targeted for loans and grants.

” They will access this loans through Cooperatives and loans will be access without collaterals. We are also going to commence the feeding 5m pupils in our public schools daily. This will create more opportunities in the agricultural sector”

He disclosed that there was no basic for comparisons with similar action embarked upon in 2012, adding that ” income from oil has fallen and there is drastic reduction in the foreign exchange available”

“From October last year, NNPC has been responsible for over 90% of fuel consumed, while 445,000 barrels was being exchanged for fuel by NNPC”

“Activities of Militants have further reduced government earnings and production volumes reduced to 1.65mbpd as against the projected 2.2Mbpd”

He also blamed the current travail on the activities of marketers who he said were buying petrol at N77 per Litre and sell higher to Nigerian neighbours.

He however assured that the DPR and PPPRAA will be empowered to provide a level playing ground for operators of the sector.

While appealing to the organized Labour to sheath their sword, the Minister declared that there can be salary increase at the moment as Nigeria was losing over 60% of its earnings, daily

The Minister who also spoke on the effect of the activities of the Niger Delta Avengers, appealed to the group to lay down their arms and embrace dialogue as the country is losing 1000 megawatts of electricity as well as over 500,000 barrels of crude oil daily.

Source
http://sunnewsonline.com/fuel-price-hike-4-modular-refineries-will-soon-take-off-fg/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by budusky05(m): 12:07am On May 17, 2016
Nice one.

What do you think?

Easy guys

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by Hexilon: 12:09am On May 17, 2016
Okay...
Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by DRISKLEF(m): 12:10am On May 17, 2016
All this our 'will soon' 'will soon' government people sef sad

When will this 'soon' ever come to eventuality. Or why cant they just keep shut and archieve the feat first before issuing a public statement. Government of publicity!!!

Nigerians are suffering and its not even funny at all. sadsadsad smh; Will soon
To think that APC were serious when they were going about the 'diversification' and 'we dont need oil' mantra. So ya'all now needs it abi

Its now time to beg the so called '5percent' isnt it. Ook

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by TomLepskie(m): 12:14am On May 17, 2016
I hope the refineries won't be sited in the far North where they ll rely on a thousand kilometer pipeline to get crude oil supply, this is a welcome development, better than the conventional refineries.

5 Likes

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by Femich18(m): 12:21am On May 17, 2016
In Buhari we trust!!!

6 Likes

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by caleb404: 12:26am On May 17, 2016
God bless Jonathan wherever he is for launching this project cool cool.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/jonathan-approves-establishment-of-modular-refineries.103090/

Kudos to Buhari for continuing the legacy. He doesn't seem to have a problem with Jonathan's policies/projects... Nice one.

See as Amaechi rush commission ABuja/Kaduna railways line. Fashola has already admitted Jonathan built more roads that previous governments. Buhari is coasting ahead with TSA, another brainchild of Jonathan.

Sad enough, the momentum is not replicated in the agricultural sector. All in all, government is a continuum.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by tempest01(m): 12:29am On May 17, 2016
Modular refineries will soon take off when you are just releasing names of successful bidders?

How many months will it take to make studies and build structures?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by Babalawal(m): 12:30am On May 17, 2016
I don't take lie Muhammed serious... he's an insult to APC. I miss labran maku

6 Likes

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by Nobody: 4:43am On May 17, 2016
What does modular mean?
Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by 989900B: 5:51am On May 17, 2016
nwanna89:
What does modular mean?

Pre-configured refineries that can be shipped and set up in few months.

They are basically not large capacity refineries like conventional ones.

As small as 1,000BPD to 20,000 BPD . . . I heard some a little larger ones can now be pre-constructed too.

We need many of those to get us going.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by 989900B: 6:00am On May 17, 2016
tempest01:
Modular refineries will soon take off when you are just releasing names of successful bidders?

How many months will it take to make studies and build structures?

The above is my grouse with Buhari. As a military person with oil and gas background, these are plans he should have concluded with companies even before the elections (win or loss . . . he can still chip in that bit as a patriotic Nigerian). I am not in government, but I know few companies that could set that up in 3-6 months.

If the president were pragmatic enough, knowing this refinery thing is the heartbeat of the nation, we should have had at the least, 2-4 modular refineries working in full throttle as we speak.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by adconline(m): 6:05am On May 17, 2016
Typical Naija empty promis.. I'll and to.. How about letting the refinery start work b4 removing their so called subsidy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by mrvitalis(m): 6:48am On May 17, 2016
For me I feel all major oil marketers should as a matter of urgency set up this refineries that will feed there filling stations across Nigeria
Because the only way to make profit with this small refineries is upwards integration business idea
U refine, use ur own truck to transport, sale at ur filling stations

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by modath(f): 6:54am On May 17, 2016
989900B:

The above is my grouse with Buhari. As a military person with oil and gas background, these are plans he should have concluded with companies even before the elections (win or loss . . . he can still chip in that bit as a patriotic Nigerian). I am not in government, but I know few companies that could set that up in 3-6 months.

If the president were pragmatic enough, knowing this refinery thing is the heartbeat of the nation, we should have had at the least, 2-4 modular refineries working in full throttle as we speak.

No lies!!!

Dangote's 2018 timeline isn't encouraging, we need the "here and now"

@ tomlepskie

They are not government owned. A private company can set up anywhere it so desires, it will factor in profitability and arrive at suitable locations.

6 Likes

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by pat077: 7:00am On May 17, 2016
I was excited when i saw d headline, but, on sighting the name liar, i lost interest in the news.

16 Likes

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by 989900B: 7:10am On May 17, 2016
mrvitalis:
For me I feel all major oil marketers should as a matter of urgency set up this refineries that will feed there filling stations across Nigeria
Because the only way to make profit with this small refineries is upwards integration business idea
U refine, use ur own truck to transport, sale at ur filling stations

GBAM!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by otokx(m): 7:23am On May 17, 2016
Nigerians are very good in theory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:40am On May 17, 2016
the one way avengers go soon blow up grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by walozanga(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2016
Talk is cheap

2 Likes

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by semiga(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2016
I don't trust these people no more

5 Likes

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by Neduzze5(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2016
Did I see Lai Mohammed?
Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by Nateben(m): 8:40am On May 17, 2016
This govt is all about mouth action......... God forbid

Not for sale ...............

Typing..................

Peace I'm Out!!
Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by worlexy(m): 8:41am On May 17, 2016
They will soon deny saying such.

1 Like

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by FagsamPHP(m): 8:41am On May 17, 2016
More Lies day by day!!!!!!!

Buhari is a Dullard

1 Like

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by shamsuRana(m): 8:42am On May 17, 2016
cool
Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by bigtt76(f): 8:43am On May 17, 2016
angry I was already jublilating when I saw the topic header only for me to read through and seeing the embolden, I could not but let out a loud ....OOOOOOOH It's him again na today? How many such news have we not heard in recent times grin #AbegNextPlease

TomLepskie:
— 16th May 2016
Federal Government will soon release the names of the four companies which successfully bided to operate Modular Refineries to enable them commence operation, according to Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who disclosed on Monday while briefing journalist in Abuja as part of ongoing sensitization campaign on the deregulation of the down stream sector of the nation’s petroleum industry.

The minister assured that when fully operational, Nigeria will be able to refine 650,000 per day of petrol from the refineries while Dangote Refinery will also add 750,000 barrels per day, to make Nigeria net exporter of refined petroleum products.

The Minister who noted that federal government has meticulously followed the process for approving the bid winners, said the ventures will help create over 200,000 jobs as well as stimulate the economy.

Alhaji Mohammed who briefed in company of the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry and General Manager, Group Public Affairs of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation NNPC, Alhaji Garbadeen Mahammad, told newsmen that the NNPC was heading for bankruptcy because it became the sole importer of over 90 percent of petroleum products consumed by Nigerians shortly before the recent deregulation.

He disclosed that NNPC was spending about $550 Million and needed about $600m to continue fuel importation, before the current government intervention in the sector to save the firm from bankruptcy.

He disclosed further that the nation could not afford to open letters of credit for the fuel importers because of the dwindling income from crude oil

” We did not have enough foreign exchange to open letters of credit for people to import fuel” adding that ” We must never be pushed to a situation in which we are forced to subsidize fuel prices again in this country, because even if prices of crude oil improves, there are a lot of things we can do with the money to ameliorate the sufferings of our people”

Alhaji Mohammed who assured that the new regime will discourage petroleum products hoarding, product diversion and other unwholesome practices in the petroleum industry, also added that “We have no choice but to deregulate the price of petrol at the rate we were going”

He debunked insinuations that what government did was to remove subsidy from petroleum products adding that ” there was no subsidy in the first place”

” One Trillion Naira was paid out as subsidy last year, therefore, in the 2016 budget, government refused to make provision for subsidy”

On the gains expected from the current deregulation, he announced that government will create jobs for 370,000 technicians and Artisan, while 1.76 million unemployed small business operators were being targeted for loans and grants.

” They will access this loans through Cooperatives and loans will be access without collaterals. We are also going to commence the feeding 5m pupils in our public schools daily. This will create more opportunities in the agricultural sector”

He disclosed that there was no basic for comparisons with similar action embarked upon in 2012, adding that ” income from oil has fallen and there is drastic reduction in the foreign exchange available”

“From October last year, NNPC has been responsible for over 90% of fuel consumed, while 445,000 barrels was being exchanged for fuel by NNPC”

“Activities of Militants have further reduced government earnings and production volumes reduced to 1.65mbpd as against the projected 2.2Mbpd”

He also blamed the current travail on the activities of marketers who he said were buying petrol at N77 per Litre and sell higher to Nigerian neighbours.

He however assured that the DPR and PPPRAA will be empowered to provide a level playing ground for operators of the sector.

While appealing to the organized Labour to sheath their sword, the Minister declared that there can be salary increase at the moment as Nigeria was losing over 60% of its earnings, daily

The Minister who also spoke on the effect of the activities of the Niger Delta Avengers, appealed to the group to lay down their arms and embrace dialogue as the country is losing 1000 megawatts of electricity as well as over 500,000 barrels of crude oil daily.

Source
http://sunnewsonline.com/fuel-price-hike-4-modular-refineries-will-soon-take-off-fg/

4 Likes

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by Nobody: 8:43am On May 17, 2016
Yes. It will.

Wait o. It is not Kachikwu that is talking. It is LAI

anyways. I an still waiting to here when dangote would start lifting.

1 Like

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by refreshrate: 8:44am On May 17, 2016
From "will soon"

To

"Buhari never promised"

Mouth action people with no direction.
Shior

2 Likes

Re: 4 Modular Refineries Will Soon Take Off — FG by Cortana2: 8:44am On May 17, 2016
budusky05:
Nice one.

What do you think?

Easy guys

I'm so happy informed Nigerians are in support of this move.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets Prime Minister Theresa May (Photo) / PDP Mocks Osinbajo Over N10,000 Empowerment Of ‘agbo Jedi’ / Kwankwaso’s Comments On Obi, Igbo Taken Out Of Context, Says NNPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.