Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam (2707 Views)

About Preordering The Bluboo S8 / Honest Review On Bluboo X550 / I Would Rather Buy Bluboo X550(5000mah)on Jumia Than Buy Infinix Hot3(2500mah). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by donfish28: 8:31am On May 17, 2016
I ordered for the bluboo x550 through jumia website on the 1st May and it was verified 3 days later, I received the product on the 6th May 2016 through DHL which was delivered directly to my office, I noticed since the first day that the phone is a scam
1. the phone was powered on already, I couldn't power it off till date because power button is not working lol
2. I noticed defective speakers on the 3rd day and till now it's as if the speaker is torn
3. last Sunday morning without touching the phone i discovered certain lines forming on the display without even dropping the phone lol
27k plus 4k shipping wasted on a scrappy piece of plastic

this is a warning to intending buyers, I'm back to my infinix hot note pro as faithful as ever

Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by donfish28: 8:35am On May 17, 2016
the strange lines forming on the display without dropping the phone

Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by donfish28: 8:38am On May 17, 2016
the invoice from the Chinese company, the phone is not worth more than 45 dollars, that's why I suspected that it's a piece of plastic scrap

Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by Youngpo413: 8:46am On May 17, 2016
Sorry about that
Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by khalhokage(m): 9:02am On May 17, 2016
Jumia gave you a defective product, isn't there a return policy? instead of trying and praising Infinix products you should contact Jumia to find a solution, which I would imagine is either replacement or refund.

Take note, sometimes even big and trusted manufacturers ship defective products, bluboo's devices could be very good for all you know but you just so happened to have got a bad device.

5 Likes

Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by lekjons(m): 9:33am On May 17, 2016
khalhokage:
Jumia gave you a defective product, isn't there a return policy? instead of trying and praising Infinix products you should contact Jumia to find a solution, which I would imagine is either replacement or refund.

Take note, sometimes even big and trusted manufacturers ship defective products, bluboo's devices could be very good for all you know but you just so happened to have got a bad device.
I support this.. though i think jumia won't return it..
Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by Elxandre(m): 11:06am On May 17, 2016
You simply got a defective piece.

It has good reviews asides the few software issues.
Sorry bro sad
Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by Talenu: 7:09am On May 22, 2016
Am sorry for your loss, but am also using the phone and bought it through same means. And it's working perfectly. But mind u, Julia won't be able to refund cause the seller is a scam. He just used jumia as a cover. Jumia doesn't know about the shipping. Or is there any jumia identification on the package?
Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by Reeberry: 12:03pm On May 22, 2016
This is one of the reason why you need to test before buying, not just ordering something you can't operate before settling for it.

1 Like

Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by yungryce: 12:20pm On May 22, 2016
lok for a way to contact d seller as d sellers name is also listed in d page on jumia
Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by freezyprinzy(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2016
if u lyk ur self stay off jumia....konga still better
Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by rapcy(m): 4:20pm On May 22, 2016
Call them and report it to them. They will send you a new one or change the product.
Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by donfish28: 10:34pm On May 28, 2016
thanks @ rapcy, @ khalhokage, I called Jumia Customer Service and they took up the case, they ask me if I want refund or another phone and I told them I want refund, so they told me they will pick up the phone following week
they called me following me for pick up and they sent an email that they'll check the phone and if it's truly defective my account will be credited

I was in a meeting on Friday at work when I heard the alert and my money was refunded, thanks to Jumia

I still believe they are the best and things like this happens once a while
thanks to you all

5 Likes

Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by Donfrano1: 4:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
Can you sell that bluboo x550 to me? I need it for one project like that. Please if you still have the phone with you, inbox me please or whatsapp me on 08164861380. I am interested in buying it.
Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by auntysimbiat(f): 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
Re: Please Don't Buy The Bluboo X550, It's A Scam by donfish28: 5:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
I have since return the phone to jumia and my money has been refunded to my account

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Used Or Still Using This Power Bank ? / How To Message Someone Who Has Blocked You On Whatsapp / Best Phone To Buy For A Budget Of N100k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.