Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Youth Of Nigeria Wake Up And Start Being The Leaders Of Tomorrow As Promised. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youth Of Nigeria Wake Up And Start Being The Leaders Of Tomorrow As Promised. (877 Views)

Anambra Governorship Election: The State Of Nnewi Town Ahead Of Tomorrow / Why We Couldn’t Create 3M Jobs As Promised – FG / PDP Crisis: Sheriff, Makarfi Meet Tomorrow As Governors Split (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youth Of Nigeria Wake Up And Start Being The Leaders Of Tomorrow As Promised. by forray(m): 10:39am On May 17, 2016
Please bear with me, am not much of a writer.

It pains me to see our youths tear themselves down over politicians who dont really care about you. We keep recycling past leader who have failed us over and over again, when are we going to learn?

We can't have a reasonable argument without including political affiliation, religionalism and tribalism, how do u expect such country to grow?

The laziness in the youth is so much that it's nauseating. I came across a thread where somebody said Ex president Jonathan was not an option and that left Gen Buhari as our only choice. I was like WTF! Apart from PDP and APC, we had more than 10 other parties involved in last election presidential election. Here :
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-2015-inec-releases-names-qualifications-of-14-presidential-candidates.106448/

If we had taken the time we used in coming online to tearing ourselves down over past failure to make research on each of the individual candidates from other parties and not just rely on what the media house feeds us, we would hv known that apart from Buhari and Jonathan, there where other fresh and better off candidate that has not failed us before, with fresh ideas suitable to rule this country. And I believe we would have been better off.

Am in for a better Nigeria, I don't care which tribe u are from or which religious group you be long to, u are a Nigerian before anything else. We should learn to criticize constructively and speak up when we see something that is not right. One year is enough for any reasonable government to atleast give us a glimpse of what to expect in the future, it doesn't have to be something magnanimous, just a glimpse.
For example this present administration criticized the last administration over the number of presidential private jet and promised to sell off majority and keep just what is needed. My fellow countrymen, how long will it take to sell off atleast one of those presidential jet which will add to nation revenue and reduce cost of maintainance?
Little things like this would go along way to show how sincere your intentions are towards the country.

We keep getting excuses upon excuses about how the government is been sabotaged, from what I know there is hardly a government in power that doesn't get sabotaged in one way or the other. Please find away around your current saboteur and we youth should hold the government responsible in making life easy for Nigerians without sentiments and pity.

Regarding the fight against corruption, nobody is against it. It should be done quietly so that those that would be indicted in the future won't cover their tracks before it gets to them and necessary information should only be released when a person is convicted. Recently our amiable president in an interview on CNN said a lot of people are in jail for corruption and from my knowledge no court of law in Nigeria has convicted anybody for corruption, so I was wondering when was anybody jailed. Till a person is successful convicted by a court, there is no recovered loot from such person. I believe we all know this, but we pretend to be blind or too dumb to understand how the law work. Just as fighting corruption is important, so is the economy, power sector,etc are important to the growth of the country, they should be done simultaneously.

What am trying to say my fellow Youth is that we should stop making the same mistake over and over again. Just like Jonathan was never an option during the last election due to the level of corruption in his regime, so was Buhari, a past failed leader. In a sane cline, General Buhari, a past coupist has no claim to be a democratic president in this country, not to talk of his number of treasonable statement he has made. And they where never our only choices,we where just too lazy to find out more.

No past leaders has done enough to warrant been giving a second chance in this country, but Nigerians would never learn. Next election maybe Jonathan or atiku or one of the past or current political would want a shot at presidency again after is past failure and we would start killing and tearing ourselves apart over people that has brought the country to its knees.

From the last election we can see no matter the rigging, is who ever we want there would be there. So Pls in the next election, we should take our time and go through the various candidates on our own and not depend on what the media houses feeds us and give a fresh person with fresh idea a chance.

An animal as low as the dogs does not go back to its vomit, why do we human being keep going back to ours, what does that make of us? The future of Nigeria is for us to determine, not these past failure. Be wise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youth Of Nigeria Wake Up And Start Being The Leaders Of Tomorrow As Promised. by cckris: 10:52am On May 17, 2016
Amaechi was made SPEAKER at age 34. Amaechi abused his mentor, & looted Rivers Treasury more than all before him combined.
Re: Youth Of Nigeria Wake Up And Start Being The Leaders Of Tomorrow As Promised. by olaitoro(m): 11:33am On May 17, 2016
op you have spoken well, as long as we have brainwashed youth rooming around, I am afraid, your wish is still a pipe dream

1 Like

Re: Youth Of Nigeria Wake Up And Start Being The Leaders Of Tomorrow As Promised. by Nobody: 11:53am On May 17, 2016
Power and the money, money and the power
Everybody's running, but half of them ain't looking
What's going on in the kitchen, but I don't know what's cookin'
They say I gotta learn,
but nobody's here to teach me
If they can't understand it, how can they reach me
I guess they can't, I guess they won't
I guess they front,
that's why I know my life is out of luck, fool

long live
Re: Youth Of Nigeria Wake Up And Start Being The Leaders Of Tomorrow As Promised. by plaetton: 2:05pm On May 17, 2016
forray:
Please bear with me, am not much of a writer.

It pains me to see our youths tear themselves down over politicians who dont really care about you. We keep recycling past leader who have failed us over and over again, when are we going to learn?

We can't have a reasonable argument without including political affiliation, religion and tribalism, how do u expect such country to grow?

The laziness in the youth is so much that it's nauseating. I came across a thread where somebody said Ex president Jonathan was not an option and that left Gen Buhari as our only choice. I was like WTF! Apart from PDP and APC, we had more than 10 other parties involved in last election presidential election. Here :
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-2015-inec-releases-names-qualifications-of-14-presidential-candidates.106448/

If we had taking the time we used in coming online to tearing ourselves down over past failure to make research on each of the individual candidates from other parties and not just rely on what the media house feeds us, we would hv know that apart from Buhari and Jonathan, they where other fresh and better off candidate that has not failed us before, with fresh ideas suitable to rule this country. And I believe we would have been better off.

Am in for a better Nigeria, I don't care which tribe u are from or which religious group you be long to, u are a Nigerian before anything else. We should learn to criticize constructively and speak up when we see something that is not right. One year is enough for any reasonable government to atleast give us a glimpse of what to expect in the future, it doesn't have to be something magnanimous, just a glimpse.
For example this present administration criticized the last administration over the number of presidential private jet and promised to sell off majority and keep just what is needed. My fellow countrymen, how long will it take to sell off atleast one of those presidential jet which will add to nation revenue and reduce cost of maintainance?
Little things like this would go along way to show how sincere your intentions are towards the country.

We keep getting excuses upon excuses about how the government is been sabotage, from what I know there is hardly a government in power that doesn't get sabotage in one way or the other. Please find away around your current saboteur and we youth should hold the government responsible in making life easy for Nigerians without sentiments and pity.

Regarding the fight against corruption, nobody is against it. It should be done quietly so that those that would be indicted in the future won't cover their tracks before it gets to them and necessary information should only be released when a person is convicted. Recently our amiable president in an interview on CNN said a lot of people are in jail for corruption and from my knowledge no court of law in Nigeria has convicted anybody for corruption, so I was wondering when was anybody jailed. Till a person is successful convicted by a court, there is no recovered loot from such person. I believe we all know this, but we pretend to be blind or too dumb to understand how the law work. Just as fighting corruption is important, so is the economy, power sector,etc are important to the growth of the country, they should be done simultaneously.

What am trying to say my fellow Youth is that we should stop making the same mistake over and over again. Just like Jonathan was never an option during the last election due to the level of corruption in his regime, so was Buhari, a past failed leader. In a sane cline, General Buhari, a past coupist has no claim to be a democratic president in this country, not to talk of his number of treasonable statement he has made. And they where never our only choices,we where just too lazy to find out more.

No past leaders has done enough to warrant been giving a second chance in this country, but Nigerians would never learn. Next election maybe Jonathan or atiku or one of the past or current political would want a shot at presidency again after is past failure and we would start killing and tearing ourselves apart over people that has brought the country to its knees.

From the last election we can see no matter the rigging, is who ever we want there would be there. So Pls in the next election, we should take our time and go through the various candidates on our own and not depend on what the media houses feeds us and give a fresh person with fresh idea a chance.

An animal as low as the dogs does not go back to its vomit, why do we human being keep going back to ours, what does that make of us? The future of Nigeria is for us to determine, not these past failure. Be wise.

Excellent write up ,comrade.

Keep up the good work.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

S/south Leader To Buhari: How To Stop Niger Delta Avengers / 1 / Gov. Ajimobi's Monstrous Leadership: The Principals To Be Blamed! – Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.