Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! (1621 Views)

Photos From Shiites Protest For Killing Of Members In Bauchi, Yobe, Kaduna / One Shot Dead During The Ongoing "Biafra Million Man March’ Protest / 1 Million March Protest Against Power Failure (phcn) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 17, 2009
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by sjeezy8: 7:13pm On Aug 17, 2009
Das a shame 1 million people want light in Nigeria but when 1000's are killed everyone will keep quiet

When elections are rigged everyone will keep quiet as long as its not their state

That whole Light up Nigeria is bullshit and is a distraction to Nigerias real Problem the Government.

How bout 1 million protest for better Education, Health care,Economy, Law enforcement, etc, that sounds better rather than 1 million idiots wanting light
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by kshow1(m): 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2009
sjeezy8:

Das a shame 1 million people want light in Nigeria but when 1000's are killed everyone will keep quiet

why should people be killled because of a protect march ?
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by sjeezy8: 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2009
kshow1:

why should people be killled because of a protect march ?

you misunderstood my statement
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2009
sjeezy8:

When elections are rigged everyone will keep quiet as long as its not their state

That whole Light up Nigeria is bullshit and is a distraction to Nigerias real Problem the Government.

How bout 1 million protest for better Education, Health care,Economy, Law enforcement, etc,  that sounds better rather than 1 million idiots wanting light

sjeezy8:

you misunderstood my statement

Who are you fooling?

You will be the first to throw verbal insults at people who dont believe in "one" nigeria, and at the same time the first to run down a bright idea on how to build a prosperous Nigeria.

Hypocrites! angry
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by sjeezy8: 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2009
Not really a bright idea as i said because light up Nigeria is only dealing with having no light not the government. Here in America they protest for everything even if it doesn't affect them directly. This light up Nigeria sends Nigerian government a message that Nigerians only want minimal fixtures.

1 million march for light lol thats funny

but not for better Education, Health care,Economy, Law enforcement, Employment, Human rights etc i guess Nigerians and the Government will always be clowns,  but hey you gotta start somewhere
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 17, 2009
sjeezy8:

Not really a bright idea as i said because light up Nigeria is only dealing with having no light not the government. Here in America they protest for everything even if it doesn't affect them directly. This light up Nigeria sends Nigerian government a message that Nigerians only want minimal fixtures.

1 million march for light lol thats funny

but not for better Education, Health care,Economy, Law enforcement, Employment, Human rights etc i guess Nigerians and the Government will always be clowns,  but hey you gotta start somewhere

Lightupnigeria is not funny, your argument is.

Reasonable and well meaning Nigerians will start taking you serious when you begin to make arrangements for light up every sector in Nigeria instead of condemning an individual who thought of this beautiful idea.
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by sjeezy8: 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2009
Lol the individual thought of himself at that time as usual like "damn i need some light, so lemmi start this light up Nigeria Since im not getting shot at by the police, i have a job, and my family is well off to do" lol

Like i said the idea was ok but isn't Nigerias  main problem but hey you gotta start somewhere.

Light is sooo small compared to other things, stop thinking like a small Rat.
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2009
sjeezy8:

Lol the individual thought of himself  as usual like "damn i need some light, so lemmi start this light up Nigeria Since im not getting shot at by the police, i have a job, and my family is well off to do" lol

Like i said the idea was ok but isn't Nigerias  main problem but hey you gotta start somewhere.

Light is sooo small compared to other things, stop thinking like a small Rat.

I will never be caught dead trading insults with you.
However, its a big shame that some nigerians does not know the role efficient and effective power supply plays in development. Thats the first thing Nigeria needs now apart from an effective anti-corruption.
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by sjeezy8: 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2009
nuzo:

However, its a big shame that some nigerians does not know the role efficient and effective power supply plays in development. Thats the first thing Nigeria needs now apart from an effective anti-corruption.

lol wouldn't Nigeria have more power supply if the Government was less corrupt and spent the money being stolen on power supply?

I feel sorry for you bruv honest to God- Most Nigerians are backwards
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by Tonim(f): 12:12am On Aug 18, 2009
What impact is the march going to have ?

Much Ado about Nothing
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by JamesG: 5:42am On Aug 18, 2009
sjeezy8:

lol wouldn't Nigeria have more power supply if the Government was less corrupt and spent the money being stolen on power supply?

I feel sorry for you bruv honest to God- Most Nigerians are backwards

Just out of curiosity why do you have “lol” on all your sentences – are you still in high school in the US? If you are, this forum is really not for you.
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by sjeezy8: 8:00am On Aug 18, 2009
JamesG:

Just out of curiosity why do you have “lol” on all your sentences – are you still in high school in the US? If you are, this forum is really not for you.

Actually i'm a double major Economics and Political Science Internationals Relations student bout to do my LLM-international law and "lol" is in every sentence because alot of posts are so stupid it makes me laugh.

Now how does "lol" have anything to do with level of education or maturity. I think you need to put some serious thought into what your saying before you type it because only a person who lacks the ability to apprehend a simple statement would point out the small things such as "LOL".

Next time if you want to sound like smart ass actually say something smart because if you dont you just look like an ass LOL

LOL= YOU ARE A JOKE SIR
GO TO SLEEP
thank you im sure you have work to do or something ,
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by blacksta(m): 8:14am On Aug 18, 2009
nuzo:

My own idealogy - if u can tackle corruption then you 3 quarters of the way tackling the light issue.
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 18, 2009
blacksta:

My own idealogy - if u can tackle corruption then you 3 quarters of the way tackling the light issue.

Exactly why I said apart from anti-corruption in my post.
Yaradua will be forced to sanitize the power sector after the light up nigeria march.

However, I will never restrict my full support for any nigerian who will come forward with the idea of light up every sector. But until then, am 100% behind lightupnigeria. I will be there live!
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by JamesG: 9:09am On Aug 18, 2009
sjeezy8:

Actually i'm a double major Economics and Political Science Internationals Relations student bout to do my LLM-international law and "lol" is in every sentence because alot of posts are so stupid it makes me laugh.

Now how does "lol" have anything to do with level of education or maturity. I think you need to put some serious thought into what your saying before you type it because only a person who lacks the ability to apprehend a simple statement would point out the small things such as "LOL".

Next time if you want to sound like smart ass actually say something smart because if you dont you just look like an ass LOL

LOL= YOU ARE A JOKE SIR
GO TO SLEEP
thank you im sure you have work to do or something ,
I might be way off here, but you just don’t sound that intelligent to me – most people that can’t adequately express themselves result to insults. But I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, and wish you success in your quest for a degree. My one advice to you would be, to be a bit more constructive in your rebuttals – you’ll need that skill, if you do decide to pursue a career in politics.
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by sjeezy8: 9:33am On Aug 18, 2009
^^^ Same to you , . .
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2009
here is the route :http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Mobolaji+Bank+Anthony+Road%2C+Ikeja%2C+Lagos%2C+Nigeria
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2009
@Poster, the route for what? All I got was the point for mobolaji bank anthony. Not sure what that means.
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by AjanleKoko: 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2009
The rally is a good one, and I plan to attend. I don't think anyone is going to be killed if we all conduct ourselves in orderly fashion.
The organisers have their work cut out for them though, as per the threat of the march being hijacked by the usual area boys.
I sent an email to the organisers via facebook, making a few suggestions. One of which is to try to seek police support in Lagos, by notifying the governor - in light of the current Yar'Adua/Fashola battles, he should be pretty much disposed to provide support.
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by spikedcylinder: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2009
http://That whole Light up Nigeria is bullshit and is a distraction to Nigerias real Problem the Government.

OMFG! shocked shocked shocked
Since when did NEPA stop being Nigeria's real problem?
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by davidif: 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2009

How bout 1 million protest for better Education, Health care,Economy, Law enforcement, etc,  that sounds better rather than 1 million idiots wanting light

sjeezy8
ARE YOU HIGH?!?!?! Do you know that Nigeria's most pressing need is lack of constant electricity? In case you didn't know, lack of electricity severely hampers commerce and inhibits industrialization and that is why the unemployment rate is incredibly high. What's the point of going to school if there are no jobs waiting for you? Look at yanki, what can you do without electricity? almost nothing. You can't have world class research institutes or health centres if there is no electricity. So what are you talking about. Several factories which are supposed to be sources of employment shut down each year because they can't afford the costs of running a generator or buying diesel. This is why lack of 24/7 electricity is still holding the country back and this is why the govt. should throw the entire "kitchen sink" at the problem.
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by davidif: 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2009
What impact is the march going to have ?

Much Ado about Nothing

That's what they said when Martin Luther King Jr started the civil rights movement.
That's what they said when women were protesting for equal rights.
That's what they said during the 60's to the anti-vietnam war protesters.
That's what they said in the late 80's when the Romanians were protesting against communism
That's what they said to "solidarity" in Poland in the 80's when they were protesting against the USSR
That's what they said to the anti-apartheid protesters in south africa when mandela was imprisoned.

We all know what this people accomplished. Like someone once said, some people watch things happen, some people wish for things to happen, while SOME PEOPLE MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by davidif: 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2009

blacksta,
that's a good point but the biggest problem we have is the fed govt trying to run everything from telecommunications to power generation, instead of focusing on a few sectors. The fed govt is a jack of all trades but a master of NONE. Tell me one sector that the fed. govt is not in, be it the media (NTA) or transportation (Nigerian airways or railway), that is why nothing works in the country because the govt is INCREDIBLY INEFFICIENT. THIS IS WHY THE GREAT RONALD REAGAN ONCE SAID THAT GOVT. IS NOT THE SOLUTION BUT GOVT. IS THE PROBLEM. The fed govt of Nigeria should leave power generation to the private sector or to each individual state because the power that NEPA is generating cannot take care of 150 million people. Some states have told the fed. govt about this but they would listen to them as they insist that power generation should be centralized so that they can make more money. NEPA or PHCN (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) should only step in if there is a state that cannot light up itself.

I am not trying to downplay the effects of corruption, corruption is bad but even corrupt govs do make projects. Its just that most of the projects don't work because they are the wrong projects and because most often the people don't even know what they are doing, hence the mismanagement. That is why complex things like this should be left to private companies and if possible foreign companies who can get the job done.
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 21, 2009
some people change their way when they see the light others when they feel the heat , let us come together to heat up this people and force them to light up nigeria ! 
Re: One Million March Protest For Light In Nigeria ' Let There Be Light In 9ja' ! by lannre(m): 8:16am On Aug 21, 2009
@Sjeezy8

only two people counts- those who makes and keep commitments. Now some are making and keeping commitments to make at least a move towards change. I dont know why someone will just wake up without looking back to what or how he/she can contribute to progressive thoughts. Nigerians ! support a good move and stop killing the future. The One million match really worth it and I dont see why someone will be critiscing this. what has degree in whatever Discpline got to do with a noble idea U are killing.

(1) (Reply)

Arewa, Ndigbo Endorse Fashola. / From A Buhari Supporter - This Nonsense Has To Stop Now! / Bomb Blast In Suleija Niger State Kills Three

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.