Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu’s Trial, Says CCT Judge | Thecable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu’s Trial, Says CCT Judge | Thecable (744 Views)

Edo Elections: Ize-Iyamu’s Witness Fumbles During Trial, Says 'I'm Petitioner' / I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu's Trial - CCT Judge / Saraki’s Trial Will Now Hold Everyday, Says CCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu’s Trial, Says CCT Judge | Thecable by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 12:13pm On May 17, 2016
Danladi Umar, chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), on Tuesday, said that he was under“serious”influence in the trial of Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos state and national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
He, however, added that despite the“influence”he was able to deliver justice in the case.
Tinubu was tried at the tribunal in 2011 for allegedly operating foreign accounts while he was governor between 1999 and 2007, but he was discharged and acquitted.
Speaking as the trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki resumed, Umar also directed the defence counsel to restrict the number of lawyers who would cross-examine the prosecution witness to just one.
He said that the conduct of the cross-examination had been untidy with the frequent change of lawyers by the defence team.
“It is certainly unreasonable that all the 100 counsel of the defence will have a bite at the cherry,”he said.
“Kanu Agabi should continue to conduct the cross examination in this case.
“I want to say that in case of Bola Tinubu we were under serious influence, but we did what we had to do and discharged him. So we must be fair to ourselves not to delay this trial.”
Also speaking, Williams Atedze, a member of the tribunal, said that whichever way the case of Saraki went it would mark a watershed in the history of Nigeria.
“Today, the country is going down. We can’t buy fuel, we can’t tomatoes,”he said.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-serious-influence-tinubus-trial-says-cct-judge
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu’s Trial, Says CCT Judge | Thecable by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 12:15pm On May 17, 2016
CC: Lalasticlala Mynd44 obinoscopy seun
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu’s Trial, Says CCT Judge | Thecable by mesoprogress(m): 12:19pm On May 17, 2016
Of course, they would always be under influence, this is Nigeria, fantastically corrupt. Buhari has made a lot statements unbecoming of a president. Eg that Kanu can't be released, they sat down and shared $ 2.4B. For now we know who's influencing majorly.

Yes, we are fantastically corrupt.
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu’s Trial, Says CCT Judge | Thecable by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 17, 2016
mesoprogress:
Of course, they would always be under influence, this is Nigeria, fantastically corruption. Buhari has made a lot statements unbecoming of a president. Eg that Kanu can't be released, they sat down and shared $ 2.4B. For now we know who's influencing majorly.

Yes, we are fantastically corruption.

Try to stay ontopic, you're reducing the quality of this website.
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu’s Trial, Says CCT Judge | Thecable by lekkie073(m): 12:27pm On May 17, 2016
●●●●●●under the influence of....●●●●●● does he have a drug - related problem
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu’s Trial, Says CCT Judge | Thecable by RockHard: 12:27pm On May 17, 2016
Who in GEJ's gov't was the influencer?? GEJ himself? cheesy
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu’s Trial, Says CCT Judge | Thecable by tinkinjow: 12:39pm On May 17, 2016
It just get started. It'll soon get interesting, then very interesting before all hell break loose and then it gets dirty, then very dirty....death!
Chaos!
Re: I Was Under Serious Influence During Tinubu’s Trial, Says CCT Judge | Thecable by OlujobaSamuel: 1:06pm On May 17, 2016
what type of drug sir? abi na demon?

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Price Hike, When I Was A Boy, We Ate Rice Only On Sundays: Ngige, Mohammed / Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Aiteo, Agip Pipelines / "I Wrote To Buhari To Stop Any Planned Humiliation Of GEJ" – Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.