Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike (47521 Views)

Anambra Election: Court Stops Obiano From Campaigning As APGA Candidate / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor / White Man, Policeman & Okada Rider On One Motorcycle Over Fuel Scarcity - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 17, 2016
They can make quick judgment? Idiiots! While my Director, Nnamdi Kanu, is retained in the kidnappers den.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by sleemfesh: 2:06pm On May 17, 2016
bettercreature:
Thats' what happens when you have SAN as a vice president and I don't think it's possible for NLC leaders to defy court order otherwise they risk loosing their position, court may declear them a threat to national security

When your government with the VP SAN as team member flouts court orders front and back. Ewu.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by 9jii(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2016
titiakins:
no you've missed it

He's failing woofully
this is for wailer

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Adesege(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This yeye court injunction self. Buhari and Osinbajo are good are manipulating the court.

If GEJ has done this, hell would have let loose.

Surprisingly, Nigerians ain't talking and they seem to be comfortable with the development.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by LEXYCOM: 2:07pm On May 17, 2016
I already have plans for the strike holiday.......it must hold ooooooooooo
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by kings09(m): 2:08pm On May 17, 2016
Ur hypocrisy na 1st class. Was it not Gej dat brought up d idea in d 1st place dat u n ur fellow hypcrites rejected? Ever since buhari came in, hw many fresh ideas has he brought. Sooner or later, ur bubu will devalue d naira n am sure u ll hail him same way u v hailed him for standin against devaluation. Ur confused nature must be 2nd to none
9jii:
Wailers should get ready to take their Walk of Shame tomorrow.

PMB succeeding anywhere GEJ failed.

The former can't even remove the subsidy without getting the country into shutdown. Now this is how to removed the subsidy.

We cant continue to take the easy option and expect better tomorrow.

God bless Nigeria
God help PMB n Osinbaba
God help us all

6 Likes

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Babanews(m): 2:08pm On May 17, 2016
elpj:
Will there ever going to be strike in Nigeria? Typical of Buhari. Military action in a Democratic setup. Its well.

Buhari has nothing to do with it...

Read https://www.nairaland.com/3110814/court-stops-nlc-going-strike
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Billiondoe: 2:08pm On May 17, 2016
tolexy007:
,i seen these people as true activists of poor masses when they absolutely kicked against the removal of fuel subsidy e.g Professor Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare,David West, Funmi Iyanda,Ayo Sogunro, Ikhide Ikheloa,Dino Melaye, Tolu Ogunlesi,Nasir El-Rufai , Ibe Kachikwu,Bola Tinubu etc including ACN and CPC . Muhammadu Buhari : Before he became President, he fiercely maintained that fuel subsidy ''does not exist'' but few days ago his government just removed a non- existent fuel. They occupied Nigeria in 2012 Mr Lia Mohammad was canvassing Nigerians in 2012 that fuel subsidy was a scam.Nigerians were convinced to believe that there is nothing called fuel subsidy and Mr GEJ was not bold enough to stand on his feet. If truly fuel subsidy needed to be removed, we don't need politics of antagonism simply because of power.If fuel subsidy is removed by APC or PDP that is not the issue, the issue is just the level of sincerity in it.Today they are seeing people against the removal of fuel subsidy as wailers.APC should know that they can't sow hatred and heap Love. What goes around, comes around.That is the Laws of Karma .They said there was nothing called fuel subsidy in 2012,today there is something called fuel subsidy and must be removed. The moral lessons are these,remember that the actions you are taking today may stand against you tomorrow and don't conceal the fact because of hatred but speak the truth because of love.

Copied

I like your post. I would love you to read my post about what you posted. It's titled Arise O' Compatriots. Check my profile for my blog address and drop your comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Esperooke(m): 2:09pm On May 17, 2016
mayorkyzo:
This same government that does not respect court order now going to court to stop strike...hypocrites...
E pain you kwa..... Sorry.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Eruditor: 2:09pm On May 17, 2016
Why didn't NLC go on strike when Filling stations were selling PMS waay above the pump price of N86.50? Why haven't they gone on strike concerning the spates of pipeline vandalism in the South South and the consequent shut down of some terminals?

They should just take several seats.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by titiakins: 2:09pm On May 17, 2016
9jii:

this is for wailer
Are you the naked shameless one in the pic cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by tinsel: 2:10pm On May 17, 2016
Nigerians are with Buhari because they know that whatever gains from this deregulation will be well used.
Only a minor few are against the increase.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by tolexy007(m): 2:10pm On May 17, 2016
Billiondoe:

I like your post. I would love you to read my post about what you posted. It's titled Arise O' Compatriots. Check my profile for my blog address and drop your comment.

lolz....i copied and paste, am not the writer
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by seyigiggle: 2:10pm On May 17, 2016
primeache:
God bless GEJ. this is one of the results of his administration after the last (2012) labour protest.

the zombies will say it is his body odour at work.
between, everyone is tired and want a rest from the subsidy issue.
however, buhari lacks the intellectual capacity to solve Nigeria problems.

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by ofem89(m): 2:11pm On May 17, 2016
we pray to God Almighty to intervene,cos He is d only solution to d country
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by 989900B: 2:12pm On May 17, 2016
Labour is st00pid.

Ask for increment, if gov't does not yield, take gov't to court too -- you will win -- that is your winnable case.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by SonofDevil: 2:12pm On May 17, 2016
ckmayoca:

NLC shld just chill. Na all of us go suffer ham. All those ppl rejoicing over the matter are collecting sch fee frm dem parent. They will all understand as time goes on when private firm realizes they spends a lot on fuel and can't maintain there staffs.

Shut up..!!!

Tell me which private firm that has bought fuel below 145 since the beginning of this year..?
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by 9jii(m): 2:12pm On May 17, 2016
kings09:
Ur hypocrisy na 1st class. Was it not Gej dat brought up d idea in d 1st place dat u n ur fellow hypcrites rejected? Ever since buhari came in, hw many fresh ideas has he brought. Sooner or later, ur bubu will devalue d naira n am sure u ll hail him same way u v hailed him for standin against devaluation. Ur confused nature must be 2nd to none
he was clueless on how to get people to support it instead he caused serious unrest if u have the brain to recall in 2012

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Babanews(m): 2:12pm On May 17, 2016
Adesege:

Surprisingly, Nigerians ain't talking and they seem to be comfortable with the development.

Malami cited Section 14 of the 1999 Constitution as amended to justify his application to stop the strike. So why are you wailing?

Read More: http://www.babanewsline.com/fuel-price-increase-court-stops-nlc-from-going-on-strike/
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by TheAdvocate(m): 2:13pm On May 17, 2016
Did the judge ordered other Nigerians not to protest? NO!!!!!!!!

So to the streets we go tomorrow.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:14pm On May 17, 2016
This is where the strike of 2012 (Ojota, Lagos) is different from the one planned by NLC tomorrow. The Ojota gathering wasn't planned by NLC, and as such if NLC was stopped from going ahead with it, it wouldn't have had any impact on the Ojota gathering. The organizers of that of Ojota only picked the day NLC chose. As long as civil right activists in Lagos don't support this strike, it won't hold.

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Eruditor: 2:14pm On May 17, 2016
Adesege:

What we should be asking ourselves is

How does NGN14+NGN86.5==NGN145.

Removing the subsidy is not the problem but the double standard they introduced is.

Dumboclat.

$1= N199 at the CBN but above N320 at the blackmarket. FG tells Marketers to buy $ at the blackmarket rate and use to it import PMS as CBN cannot provide it at the normal rate.

So if PMS was to be sold at N86.50 when a $ was 199, how much will PMS need to be sold if $ is say 322 ?

322/199 × 86.50= N140

That's why FG asked them not to sell it beyond N145

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by basingstoke: 2:15pm On May 17, 2016
good
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:16pm On May 17, 2016
Adesege:

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Worksunlimited: 2:18pm On May 17, 2016
haywire1:
Abuja - The Nation Industrial Court has restrained the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and other labour unions from embarking on their proposed strike on Wednesday.
The Federal Government had on Tuesday dragged the NLC, TUC and their affiliates before the National Industrial Court seeking to stop the looming strike threatened by the Labour group over the fuel pump price increment.

The Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN) was said to have led the federal government's team before the industrial court led by Justice Babatunde Adejumo, the President.
When asked by the presiding judge, how the AGF knew the NLC was planning to go on strike Malami said he saw a statement issued by the labour union on their website and that the statement had been published by the media.

The meeting between the labour unions and the federal government on Monday was deadlocked as both parties refused to shift ground.
The labour unions had asked the federal government to reverse to the old fuel price of N86.50, but the government pleaded with the labour organisations to see reasons with its action and shelve its planned strike, saying it was open to dialogue with the bodies.
In attendance at the meeting were the NLC president Ayuba Wabba; NLC General Secretary, Peter Ozo-Esun; NUPENG president, Igwe Achese; PENGASSAN President, Olabode Johnson; TUC President, Bobboi Kaigama; Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige; Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang; and the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole.

http://m.news24.com.ng/Nigeria/National/News/breaking-court-stops-labour-from-going-on-strike-over-fuel-price-hike-20160517

#

Tomoro no far... Time would tell.. H
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by basingstoke: 2:18pm On May 17, 2016
tolexy007:
,i seen these people as true activists of poor masses when they absolutely kicked against the removal of fuel subsidy e.g Professor Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare,David West, Funmi Iyanda,Ayo Sogunro, Ikhide Ikheloa,Dino Melaye, Tolu Ogunlesi,Nasir El-Rufai , Ibe Kachikwu,Bola Tinubu etc including ACN and CPC . Muhammadu Buhari : Before he became President, he fiercely maintained that fuel subsidy ''does not exist'' but few days ago his government just removed a non- existent fuel. They occupied Nigeria in 2012 Mr Lia Mohammad was canvassing Nigerians in 2012 that fuel subsidy was a scam.Nigerians were convinced to believe that there is nothing called fuel subsidy and Mr GEJ was not bold enough to stand on his feet. If truly fuel subsidy needed to be removed, we don't need politics of antagonism simply because of power.If fuel subsidy is removed by APC or PDP that is not the issue, the issue is just the level of sincerity in it.Today they are seeing people against the removal of fuel subsidy as wailers.APC should know that they can't sow hatred and heap Love. What goes around, comes around.That is the Laws of Karma .They said there was nothing called fuel subsidy in 2012,today there is something called fuel subsidy and must be removed. The moral lessons are these,remember that the actions you are taking today may stand against you tomorrow and don't conceal the fact because of hatred but speak the truth because of love.The money your parents used in sending you to school was not a waste. God bless you. The other parts of Nigeria don't realise that the north do not believe in one Nigeria. all they know is north first. My broda of all the activist you mentioned above, show me one northerner there. None of course. The earlier the other part of Nigeria wise-up, the better. Once agian God bless you for your analysis

Copied
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by kings09(m): 2:18pm On May 17, 2016
Sum1 who sent NOI to organise townhall meetings wit stakeholders, even provided a detailed explanation for evry1 to understand, he ensured palliative measures were in place to cushion d effect and he ddnt wait for any fuel crisis/scarcity to hapn b4 suggesting d idea wch means he even anticipated d problems b4 hand n u tink he z clueless. Pls u stink of d odour called hypocrisy n it's gettin to high heavens. Even buhari n tinubu u r defending hv shamelessly eaten their vomit they spewed in 2012.
9jii:

he was clueless on how to get people to support it instead he caused serious unrest if u have the brain to recall in 2012

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by basingstoke: 2:19pm On May 17, 2016
tolexy007:
,i seen these people as true activists of poor masses when they absolutely kicked against the removal of fuel subsidy e.g Professor Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare,David West, Funmi Iyanda,Ayo Sogunro, Ikhide Ikheloa,Dino Melaye, Tolu Ogunlesi,Nasir El-Rufai , Ibe Kachikwu,Bola Tinubu etc including ACN and CPC . Muhammadu Buhari : Before he became President, he fiercely maintained that fuel subsidy ''does not exist'' but few days ago his government just removed a non- existent fuel. They occupied Nigeria in 2012 Mr Lia Mohammad was canvassing Nigerians in 2012 that fuel subsidy was a scam.Nigerians were convinced to believe that there is nothing called fuel subsidy and Mr GEJ was not bold enough to stand on his feet. If truly fuel subsidy needed to be removed, we don't need politics of antagonism simply because of power.If fuel subsidy is removed by APC or PDP that is not the issue, the issue is just the level of sincerity in it.Today they are seeing people against the removal of fuel subsidy as wailers.APC should know that they can't sow hatred and heap Love. What goes around, comes around.That is the Laws of Karma .They said there was nothing called fuel subsidy in 2012,today there is something called fuel subsidy and must be removed. The moral lessons are these,remember that the actions you are taking today may stand against you tomorrow and don't conceal the fact because of hatred but speak the truth because of love.

Copied
The money your parents used in sending you to school was not a waste. God bless you. The other parts of Nigeria don't realise that the north do not believe in one Nigeria. all they know is north first. My broda of all the activist you mentioned above, show me one northerner there. None of course. The earlier the other part of Nigeria wise-up, the better. Once agian God bless you for your analysis

1 Like

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by lukxman(m): 2:20pm On May 17, 2016
bettercreature:
Thats' what happens when you have SAN as a vice president and I don't think it's possible for NLC leaders to defy court order otherwise they risk loosing their position, court may declear them a threat to national security

not threat to national security but they may be cited for contempt of court and that is imprisonment. they could lose their jobs and become convicts
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by andymofia(m): 2:20pm On May 17, 2016
Rilwayne001:

E pain am tongue tongue

Be suffering and smiling
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by mayorkyzo: 2:21pm On May 17, 2016
Esperooke:

E pain you kwa..... Sorry.
lols,i actually not for/or against the strike ish..its just ridiculous that same govt that has flouted so many court orders now going thru same court to prevent strike...if you not a zombie you would understand me tongue
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 17, 2016
LET THE WAILING BEGIN. angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shehu, Yar’adua’s Son Weds Yacine, Mohammed Nur Sheriff's Daughter In Maiduguri / Emir Of Kano, Appointed As Chancellor Of UNIBEN By Jonathan / Travel Ban: Timi Frank Releases ‘authentic List’ Of Those Affected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.