Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike (47519 Views)

Anambra Election: Court Stops Obiano From Campaigning As APGA Candidate / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor / White Man, Policeman & Okada Rider On One Motorcycle Over Fuel Scarcity - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Billiondoe: 3:50pm On May 17, 2016
Jobabori:

I am sure you did not read the explanation given by the office of the VP. I even doubt if two of you have a bit of knowledge about politics in Nigeria.

With all due respect Sir. This is your post from 2013 https://www.nairaland.com/1151983/politicians-corruption

You are welcome to share your views. It's not a fight Sir. Just an author's opinion.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Spinojaja26: 3:52pm On May 17, 2016
What kind of stupid and useless Government is this? Led by a non entity. This is a government of kakitocracy. Nigerians have been kaged by these animals
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by streamsofjoy(f): 3:54pm On May 17, 2016
So Malami Knows how to go to court? Why didn't he do that during Kogi Election
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by topsam1(m): 3:54pm On May 17, 2016
tolexy007:

#Copied

i seen these people as true activists of poor masses when they absolutely kicked against the removal of fuel subsidy e.g Professor Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare,David West, Funmi Iyanda,Ayo Sogunro, Ikhide Ikheloa,Dino Melaye, Tolu Ogunlesi,Nasir El-Rufai , Ibe Kachikwu,Bola Tinubu etc including ACN and CPC . Muhammadu Buhari : Before he became President, he fiercely maintained that fuel subsidy ''does not exist'' but few days ago his government just removed a non- existent fuel. They occupied Nigeria in 2012 Mr Lia Mohammad was canvassing Nigerians in 2012 that fuel subsidy was a scam.Nigerians were convinced to believe that there is nothing called fuel subsidy and Mr GEJ was not bold enough to stand on his feet. If truly fuel subsidy needed to be removed, we don't need politics of antagonism simply because of power.If fuel subsidy is removed by APC or PDP that is not the issue, the issue is just the level of sincerity in it.Today they are seeing people against the removal of fuel subsidy as wailers.Politicians should know that you can't sow hatred and heap Love. What goes around, comes around.That is the Laws of Karma .They said there was nothing called fuel subsidy in 2012,today there is something called fuel subsidy and must be removed. The moral lessons are these,remember that the actions you are taking today may stand against you tomorrow and don't conceal the fact because of hatred but speak the truth because of love.

God bless Nigeria

Ehyhaaaaa.....and you never remembered how the subsidy funds were shared by the few....you forgot so soon the face off between farouk lawan and femi otedola...its simply tells you that you cant trust gej with public funds....so if gej was not tackled then, only those few thiefs would continue chop the money...
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by byteem: 3:59pm On May 17, 2016
SEE SETUP... SO GOVT GETS KANGAROO INJUNCTION.. IF NLC GOES ON STRIKE THEN THEY SAY ARREST THEM FOR DISOBEYING COURT ORDER.... MEEHN I LOVE THIS .. IF I WERE NLC ILL GO ON THE STRIKE REGARDLESS .. AFTERALL PMB OBEYS NO COURT ORDER SO WHY SHOULD WE... ITS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO SHINE.. EVEN IF ARRESTED ITS ALL FOR THE BETTER...

2 Likes

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by tunjidj3: 4:06pm On May 17, 2016
It is so shameful for NLC to loose out of the Court nigeia masses are wiser now nobody can push them out of their will.what masses want is availability of pms not strike.foward ever backward never say nigeria masses.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by NICENEDU29: 4:11pm On May 17, 2016
Olukokosir:
Baba now dat yu r der.... Wz dz d "change" dat u promise us durin ur campaign promises...

Meanwhile..jst bak from BAN MODE for 2days...tank ya for releasin me even doe I no sabi wetn I do.
That is one thing with nairaland. They will not give you fair hearing or even tell you your offence before banning u. That is injustice and it is so bad.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Anabel(f): 4:29pm On May 17, 2016
calliope:

Buh NLC are the voice to the average Nigeria.n... If they are not allowed to air the plight of the people.. Then what do our Government stand for? I just don't see reasons...
This is so wrong.... . Smh
#iweepfor9ja

They are supposed to be the voice of the average Nigerian but they betrayed that trust given to them by Nigerians. They didn't fight for non payment of salaries or salary increment. They are fighting for fuel pump price. Where were they when the fuel was sold for 300 and was being hoarded. They are just greedy bastards
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Unfathomable: 4:29pm On May 17, 2016
traitors in NLC. where this industrial court been dey for 2012 with all the carnival in freedom square Lagos over subsidy removal
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by neowelsh(m): 4:31pm On May 17, 2016
sometimes when I hear tins like this, I can't help but wonder why this people just can't stop lying to us. if I may ask, how much is the current government paying as subsidy for a litre? most of us don't know; the answer is 12naira per litre. so if truly they want to remove subsidy, how much do you think we should be buying PMS? a math as simple as this, my brothers make una reason am na. the removal of 12naira + the 90 something we were buying. can it be equal to 145 naira? use your head.
This is just an increment and not the removal of subsidy.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by pendusky(m): 4:33pm On May 17, 2016
tunjidj3:
It is so shameful for NLC to loose out of the Court nigeia masses are wiser now nobody can push them out of their will.what masses want is availability of pms not strike.foward ever backward never say nigeria masses.

Zombie spotted grin
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by OdiriEboh: 4:36pm On May 17, 2016
IKON360:

Before you jump up and start typing what you don't know, labour unions have the RIGHT to strike, a statutory provision backs this right but the scale NLC and TUC were aiming for shouldn't be allowed. "engagement and negotiations" we are in Nigeria o, force is what people understand.

I believe every Nigerian should read this article from Saffron Post, it goes beyond the emotional approach for an explanation to why Nigeria cannot afford another strike. Please click here to read the article: http://saffronpost.com/why-we-cant-afford-to-go-on-strike/
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Unfathomable: 4:36pm On May 17, 2016
byteem:
SEE SETUP... SO GOVT GETS KANGAROO INJUNCTION.. IF NLC GOES ON STRIKE THEN THEY SAY ARREST THEM FOR DISOBEYING COURT ORDER.... MEEHN I LOVE THIS .. IF I WERE NLC ILL GO ON THE STRIKE REGARDLESS .. AFTERALL PMB OBEYS NO COURT ORDER SO WHY SHOULD WE... ITS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO SHINE.. EVEN IF ARRESTED ITS ALL FOR THE BETTER...

The whole thing was an internal arrangement. There wouldn't have been any NLC demonstration to start with..the Court brouhaha is just a cover so the masses won't blame them for keeping quiet over the insensitivity of the present administration seeing that they never gave the past administration a break over a milder issue. The NLC is headed by hausas.. go figure.

3 Likes

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 17, 2016
This is how we all will wake up one day to realize Buhari has islamized Nigeria and nobody will oppose or protest about it.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 17, 2016
Besides, this news seem fake. I dont believe it one bit.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by byteem: 4:51pm On May 17, 2016
SerialGist:
This is how we all will wake up one day to realize Buhari has islamized Nigeria and nobody will oppose or protest about it.

OFFCOURSE NAA... ALL THEY NEED TO DO IS GET COURT INJUNCTION TO STOP U FROM PROTESTING....AABI WETIN U WAN DO BEFORE...
SEE NIGERIANS ARE A GENERAL EXECEPTION TO THAT SAYING" WHEN U PUSH A MAN TO THE WALL HE'LL BOUNCE BACK AT YOU"

NAIJA NAA.. WE BREAK INTO THE WALL AND KEEP GOING.. U CAN PUSH A NAIJA MAN ALLL U WANT HE ADAPT ..

PMB JUST START.. THIS IS JUST TO TEST THE WATERS.. UL SEE ...WAIT FOR IT
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Edunwa302(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2016
slyzy:

No be judgement na just injunction
My brother I wonder why people can't understand the different
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by tuniski: 5:08pm On May 17, 2016
The strike will still go on. I am for subsidy removal anyday but, against hypocrites!
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by joe120120(m): 5:08pm On May 17, 2016
9jii:
Wailers should get ready to take their Walk of Shame tomorrow.

PMB succeeding anywhere GEJ failed.

The former can't even remove the subsidy without getting the country into shutdown. Now this is how to removed the subsidy.

We cant continue to take the easy option and expect better tomorrow.

God bless Nigeria
God help PMB n Osinbaba
God help us all
Shame! Shame!!Wailers shame!!!
Baba forgives you

Lawless Govt.
APC don't obey law and u want Nigerian to obey law. Lecturer in action
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by ceejay80s(m): 5:13pm On May 17, 2016
abbey621:
No court or government can stop a union from protesting peacefully or going on strike, definitely NLC has lost its wings!

Nlc wey no sabi law, na ghana must go bag dem sabi,
The court has no right to stop a peaceful strike or protest, even when we dey military regime
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by maursatt: 5:15pm On May 17, 2016
Look at this man( Buhari) that don't honors court orders is now using it for his advantage, see the irony.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Tonnierichy(m): 5:15pm On May 17, 2016
ckmayoca:

NLC shld just chill. Na all of us go suffer ham. All those ppl rejoicing over the matter are collecting sch fee frm dem parent. They will all understand as time goes on when private firm realizes they spends a lot on fuel and can't maintain there staffs.
Na ignorance dey worry Nigerians jare
No mind dem
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by pharmagba: 5:15pm On May 17, 2016
tolexy007:

#Copied

i seen these people as true activists of poor masses when they absolutely kicked against the removal of fuel subsidy e.g Professor Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare,David West, Funmi Iyanda,Ayo Sogunro, Ikhide Ikheloa,Dino Melaye, Tolu Ogunlesi,Nasir El-Rufai , Ibe Kachikwu,Bola Tinubu etc including ACN and CPC . Muhammadu Buhari : Before he became President, he fiercely maintained that fuel subsidy ''does not exist'' but few days ago his government just removed a non- existent fuel. They occupied Nigeria in 2012 Mr Lia Mohammad was canvassing Nigerians in 2012 that fuel subsidy was a scam.Nigerians were convinced to believe that there is nothing called fuel subsidy and Mr GEJ was not bold enough to stand on his feet. If truly fuel subsidy needed to be removed, we don't need politics of antagonism simply because of power.If fuel subsidy is removed by APC or PDP that is not the issue, the issue is just the level of sincerity in it.Today they are seeing people against the removal of fuel subsidy as wailers.Politicians should know that you can't sow hatred and heap Love. What goes around, comes around.That is the Laws of Karma .They said there was nothing called fuel subsidy in 2012,today there is something called fuel subsidy and must be removed. The moral lessons are these,remember that the actions you are taking today may stand against you tomorrow and don't conceal the fact because of hatred but speak the truth because of love.

God bless Nigeria

Stop wailing and CHANGE
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 17, 2016
byteem:

OFFCOURSE NAA... ALL THEY NEED TO DO IS GET COURT INJUNCTION TO STOP U FROM PROTESTING....AABI WETIN U WAN DO BEFORE...
SEE NIGERIANS ARE A GENERAL EXECEPTION TO THAT SAYING" WHEN U PUSH A MAN TO THE WALL HE'LL BOUNCE BACK AT YOU"

NAIJA NAA.. WE BREAK INTO THE WALL AND KEEP GOING.. U CAN PUSH A NAIJA MAN ALLL U WANT HE ADAPT ..

PMB JUST START.. THIS IS JUST TO TEST THE WATERS.. UL SEE ...WAIT FOR IT

That fool of a president is so annoying.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Eddibloc(m): 5:43pm On May 17, 2016
Weda subsidy removal or nt, pls bring down d price of fuel oga buhari, we beg u biko...
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by amerlino(m): 6:06pm On May 17, 2016
[quote author=9jii post=45703427]Wailers should get ready to take their Walk of Shame tomorrow.

The former can't even remove the subsidy without getting the country into shutdown. Now this is how to removed the subsidy.

God bless Nigeria
God help PMB n Osinbaba
God help us all
Baba forgives you
[/quote mumu look around you how do you see Nigeria now compared to 2years ago.be honest for once stop being bias we are all Nigerians
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 17, 2016
If the NLC man call off the base on this, he is finish. He should go on with the strike and appeal to a higher court until the government listen.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Nashirushekoni(m): 6:16pm On May 17, 2016
9jii:
Wailers should get ready to take their Walk of Shame tomorrow.

God bless Nigeria
God help PMB n Osinbaba
God help us all
Baba forgives yo

you are blessed you ll see favour by god ame
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Afroconnect: 7:05pm On May 17, 2016
APC is worse than PDP,using their powers to stop people from protesting is really shameful to them.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 17, 2016
Strike or stroke

Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by zsch: 8:33pm On May 17, 2016
The subsidy payoff was a scam. Looking at the breakdown report published on some websites, Nigeria was paying almost triple for fuel not imported at an exaggerated rate. So there is absolutely no need to fight to bring back subsidy however what we need to fight for is a reduction in fuel price. Even if not back to N85 (as we are fantastically corrupt) at the very least N95-100.

Don't even bother championing an increase in minimum wage. As things stand, most state government can't afford the current N18,000 and the Federal government is complaining of bleeding cash (while politicians still go ahead stealing and receiving ridiculous wages and bonuses).

Deep sigh for Nigeria.
Re: Court Stops Labour From Going On Strike Over Fuel Price Hike by menxer: 8:41pm On May 17, 2016
bettercreature:
Thats' what happens when you have SAN as a vice president and I don't think it's possible for NLC leaders to defy court order otherwise they risk loosing their position, court may declear them a threat to national security

...Or charge them with economic sabotage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghana Becomes Nigeria’s Biggest Trade Partner After Border Closure / Arthur Eze: ‘Obiano Is A Small Fry’ / Shehu, Yar’adua’s Son Weds Yacine, Mohammed Nur Sheriff's Daughter In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.