Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,138 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

My Displeasure With Mtn's New Data Plan. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Displeasure With Mtn's New Data Plan. (584 Views)

MTN New Cheap Data Plans (Photo) / Hot: How To Cheat Mtn With Mtn Beta Talk / MTN New Midnight Data Plan For Only N25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Displeasure With Mtn's New Data Plan. by graciousolo(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2016
I own a store that is dependent on the internet.

Unfortunately for me, only MTN has a good coverage in the area.

I used to subscribe to the 2015mb for N2015 which used to last for about 14days.

When they rolled out their new data plans my 2015mb mysteriously didn't last for up to 5days. We called them and they made us feel we exhausted the data.

Now... Last Friday I subscribed for the 1.5gb and by Monday it was gone. Yesterday I did the 3.5gb and now my associate is telling me we used over 200mb just for yesterday evening. I was beginning to suspect foul play from my employee until I came across this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/3109694/untrustworthiness-mtn-new-data-plans/8#45706306

My question is... Should this kind of daylight 'macro' scam be allowed to go just like that? Are they trying to raise the money for the NCC fine at our expense?

This is killing my 'small scale business'.

It's already a struggle to buy PMS at such price, buy an already ridiculously expensive data plan, pay salaries et al.

Now, I'm just waiting to buy another data. How much I dey make na!

This is wickedness!

#MTNdatascam.

2 Likes

Re: My Displeasure With Mtn's New Data Plan. by Nairalanddiary: 2:35pm On May 17, 2016
graciousolo:
I own a store that is dependent on the internet.

Unfortunately for me, own MTN has a good coverage in the area.

I used to subscribe for the 2015mb for N2015 which used to last for about 14days.

When they rolled out their new data plans my 2015mb mysteriously didn't last for upto 5days. We called them and they made us feel we exhausted the data.

Now... Last Friday I subscribed for the 1.5gb and by Monday it was gone. Yesterday I did the 3.5gb and now my associate is telling me we used over 200mb just for yesterday evening. I was beginning to suspect foul play from my employee until I came across this thread.

My question is... Should this kind of daylight 'macro' scam be allowed to go just like that? Are they trying to raise the money for the NCC fine at our expense?

This is killing my 'small scale business'.

It's already a struggle to buy PMS at such price, buy an already ridiculously expensive data plan, pay salaries et al.

Now, I'm just waiting to buy another data. How much I dey make na!

This is wickedness!

#MTNdatascam.

Mtn has become an expert on double billing especially when its's data oriented, and here i thought we have seen the last of such demonic thievery as exhibited by Airtel in the past, Glo still looks like a better option, 2500 gives you 5gig.
Re: My Displeasure With Mtn's New Data Plan. by graciousolo(m): 2:42pm On May 17, 2016
Nairalanddiary:

Mtn has become an expert on double billing especially when its's data oriented, and here i thought we have seen the last of such demonic thievery as exhibited by Airtel in the past, Glo still looks like a better option, 2500 gives you 5gig.

This is not funny ooo. Haba!

Everybody is trying is extort one another!

MTN! this is not right!

The only reason I'm using MTN is because I don't have an option due to network coverage.

I have already ported from MTN another provider on my main sim. I just don't have any option here.

#MTNdatascam
Re: My Displeasure With Mtn's New Data Plan. by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 17, 2016
The same thing happened to me twice. I thought it was only me and i
Re: My Displeasure With Mtn's New Data Plan. by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 17, 2016
The same thing happened to me twice. I thought it was only me and it's kinda a relief seeing I'm not alone.

I made a thread about it last week and vented out of even half of my anger. https://www.nairaland.com/3100495/mtn-scam

MTN are incapable of providing Nigerians with good services and it's high time they pack and go.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much For Elephone P9000 And The Asus Zenphone 2 / Pls Advise Which Network Is Currently The Best For Now / Tutorial On How To Destroy Your Lost Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.