Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,228 members, 7,853,189 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:19 PM

FG Set To Shutdown Abuja Airport, Sack Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Set To Shutdown Abuja Airport, Sack Workers (854 Views)

BREAKING! Biafrexit: Nnamdi Kanu To Shutdown Abuja October 17 - IPOB / FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers / Okupe Urges Governors To Sack Workers Over Cash Crunch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Set To Shutdown Abuja Airport, Sack Workers by Bengist247(m): 3:06pm On May 17, 2016
Minister of state for aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika,

With the level of infrastructural decay at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, the Federal Government of Nigeria might close the airport soon, Punch is reporting.

The minister of state for aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, was quoted to have disclosed this at an industry wide stakeholders’ forum organised by the federal ministry of transportation in Abuja to unveil the plans of the current government for the aviation sector.

The minister said the Abuja airport runway had been neglected over time by previous governments, and wondered how pilots were coping with the facility.

He said he was tempted to shut the airport when he saw the level of dilapidation of the facility, adding that he would surely close the NAIA in the near future in order to ensure the safety of lives and property, especially as the raining season sets in.

“Ladies and gentlemen, if you see slides on how the Abuja runway is at the moment, you won’t fly it. I was tempted this morning to close the airport, and I probably will. I probably will, for sure! This is the Abuja runway. It is this bad and this was just yesterday (Sunday),” Sirika said.

On the bloated workforce in some of the agencies under the ministry, the minister stated that there was no way he could work with the about 40 general managers in FAAN.
“Even if I want, I don’t think I should indulge 40 general managers in FAAN; in fact, level 17. It is not the way to go, no! The structure must be slim, focused, clever, result-oriented, patriotic and be able to deliver the required services,” the minister stated.
http://www.bengist247.com/2016/05/fg-set-to-shutdown-abuja-airport-sack.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Shutdown Abuja Airport, Sack Workers by talktonase(m): 3:11pm On May 17, 2016
too many death traps in this country...
Re: FG Set To Shutdown Abuja Airport, Sack Workers by Ezedon(m): 3:14pm On May 17, 2016
that's change
Re: FG Set To Shutdown Abuja Airport, Sack Workers by 989900B: 3:27pm On May 17, 2016
Do it already!
Re: FG Set To Shutdown Abuja Airport, Sack Workers by Yeecar(m): 3:59pm On May 17, 2016
Becareful with sacking of staff , they constitute over 70% of those that voted you in,....
Re: FG Set To Shutdown Abuja Airport, Sack Workers by Bengist247(m): 4:23pm On May 17, 2016
Hmmmm you have a point there

(1) (Reply)

Video: Gov.fayose Instructs Ekiti Hunters To Wage War Against Herdsmen / Sheriff, Makarfi Sent Out Of PDP Bot Meeting / Our Minsiters Also Need A Nap , Baba Fash Caught On Camera Sleeping In A Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.