Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,703 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President (18687 Views)

See What The North Wished Jonathan When He Was President (pics) / Oyo State Government Denies Privatizing Schools / Pa Ikhide Regrets Protesting Against Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 17, 2016
See Judas talking about administrative failure, Law and it's enforcement; So their own administration have excelled? Or they now enforce the available laws? What an Apex Peak of Hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by adamsylamar(m): 8:07pm On May 17, 2016
Is dat y u privatized ottah farm to urself

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 17, 2016
Timolanki:
Shut up!!! Ur among d gorrilas that plunged Nigeria into this miserable state.

The NEPA that u privatized, what ve they offered us apart from blackout?
You just spoke my mind...yeye old man. Obj failed as a president, he was busy chasing third term instead of solving problems... He should keep quiet and allow others try.
Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:40pm On May 17, 2016
Sedofbobs:
Can anyone give me a better airtel subscription for my android with d amount. Plzzzzzz.

*435#

3gig sub for 1,500 naira.

*123*9#

to check remaining data
Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by sharpchap: 9:26pm On May 17, 2016
Yeye man was busy farting when he was supposed to give birth, now he still has mouth to talk.
Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by udoh2k: 9:43pm On May 17, 2016
Billiondoe:

He was Military Head of State from February 13 1976 till October 1 1979. Hmmmm.

1976 was 40 years ago. 1979 was 37 years ago. 1999-2007 is not 20 yrs ago. The info is wrong
Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by Timolanki(m): 10:12pm On May 17, 2016
Arise01:
....I think u need to direct your ANGER to ur father that failed to trained you....Although I dnt blame u instead am ggona blame ur lazy father
who is this psychotic, schizophrenic, deranged n disorientated retard?

I don't knw u bt I'm pretty sure ur not my match.
Perhaps u were one of OBJ's tugz.
Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by okonta12: 10:15pm On May 17, 2016
olokfor:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/obasanjo-advises-fg-to-privatize-nnpc/147099.html
Useless chimp!u want 2 come back abi show me 1 thing u privatise that works:-Nitel,refinery,ajaokuta steel,Phcn,fed.roads,unity schools?
Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by KanwuliaExtra: 12:05am On May 18, 2016
Mumu APE! kiss

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by Nobody: 5:06am On May 18, 2016
Deadlytruth:
Well, I used to be angered by OBJ's hypocrisy and holier than thou attitude, but I later sat down and critically re-examined some issues and based on my deduction I stopped being angered by his hypocrisy. And my analysis is this; as at 1998 God had successfully retired OBJ into political oblivion for being a key culprit of the messing up of Nigeria as far back as 1979. But the North, SE and SS voted him back to power in 1999 on the excuse that he had been to prison and had become born again. Some even said he was a patriot and based on all those mundane and puerile excuses they gave him block votes without him presenting a single manifesto.
Now It takes idiots to be governed by fools like OBJ. So if Nigerians could, based on primordial sentiments, vote a rogue and criminal like OBJ back to power 20 years after he institutionalized the corruption that Nigerians suffered before he returned to the scene, then why should he not take Nigerians for the fools we rightly are in his eyes? I have put myself in his shoes and discovered that I myself will keep insulting the collective intelligence of any people who vote me back to power 20 years after I institutionalized corruption among them. It is that simple and natural. OBJ has no qualms at all.
its a sorry situation bro...Our leaders would always take us for fools...its a black african thing if you ask me...you would hear various foolish reasons why obj needed to be elected to rule nigeria in a democratic system of government like obj was our only hope as a country...now look at where we are...We started off democracy the craziest way and getting our senses back is now a problem...We are now stuck once more with an old general who once destroyed democracy...something must be fundamentally wrong with Nigeria and black africans...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by Nobody: 5:10am On May 18, 2016
naijagobetter:
if IB was like OBJ we would not have been where we are today. Yes OBJ f*cked up/down as it concerns nepa but he did his best as time has proved.
and so did other presidents if we choose to follow your thoughts...All our leaders have failed us completely...this same obj ran away with 16 billion dollars meant for revamping our power systems and he has the guts to talk about infrastructure now...what rubbish...In the future abdusallami would match forward and many nigerians would vote for him...something is wrong with Nigeria as a whole...
Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by DedeNkem: 5:16am On May 18, 2016
Regret my as*s!

This corrupt gorilla called, obasanjo, was also the oil minister during his very corrupt administration!

He was first president in the world to hold two offices at the same time, due to his greed!
Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by juman(m): 5:52am On May 18, 2016
See the thread.
See how everybody dey angry and abuse the old man.

It was the abokii people that forced him on nigeria.
His yoruba people did not want him to be president that time, they knew he would fail. And he failed.
Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by maziligs(m): 6:36am On May 18, 2016
After u have drained us dry, amersing wealth 2 ur sef. hope u carry them along when ur time come.
Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by DanielEdet(m): 7:53am On May 18, 2016
STUPID IDIOT!!!!

Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by Deadlytruth(m): 5:14pm On May 18, 2016
its a sorry situation bro...Our leaders would always take us for fools...its a black african thing if you ask me...you would hear various foolish reasons why obj needed to be elected to rule nigeria in a democratic system of government like obj was our only hope as a country...now look at where we are...We started off democracy the craziest way and getting our senses back is now a problem...We are now stuck once more with an old general who once destroyed democracy...something must be fundamentally wrong with Nigeria and black africans...

Buhari's return to power also does not bother me because if Nigerians had abandoned primordial sentiments and mundane mindset and thus voted against OBJ in 1999 despite his credentials of having willingly returned power to civilians in 1979, then the fear of Nigerian voters would not have allowed Buhari (who even was a beneficiary of a coup that sent civilians out of power) to have ever contemplated returning to contest in a democracy let alone actually contesting thus asking for the votes of Nigerians who voted (as it would have been) against the OBJ who even handed over to civilians.
In the final analysis Nigerians are shallow minded, myopic, thoughtless and suffer from short memory hence when they vote they don't base it on lessons learnt (if they even do) from the past but on very meaningless excuses.
It was in 1999 I realized this. What happened then was that in my state (Edo) the campaign point being made for Lucky Igbinedion was that he should be voted in because while he was chairman of Oredo LGA earlier on he was so kind that he used to give his salary to market women as gift. People, including lawyers, philosophers, Teachers, professors, and Political Science graduates all fell for that campaign point all over the state. Then I pointed out the foolishness in the campaign by reminding them that they were busy talking of how Lucky spent on market women his salary which was his own private and personal money, but that no one was asking how he spent the revenue which accrued to Oredo LGA while he was chairman. Ironically enough that revenue was even the money that belonged to them the public and which they should have even bothered about rather than Lucky's salary that was not their business and negligible compared with the accrued revenue. And that is a state where people are said to be very smart. Now imagine the people of the acclaimed smartest state of a country being so thoughtless and shallow in thought. Then how terrible would it be with the dull states in that same country. That is why Nigerians are generally daft, shortsighted and too mundane in thought pattern to be able to put good governance in place.
Re: Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President by joyairemiya: 1:35pm On Jun 15, 2021
and he is busy writing letters to Buhari now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Teargas 2000 Protesting IPOB Women In Imo / Tambuwal Meets Ortom As PDP Woos Aggrieved Governors / FG Should Take Note Ransom Was Paid For Kuriga School Children Release - Olawumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.