Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life (40176 Views)

Lady Tried To Turn Off Gas In Her Kitchen. See What Happened Next. Photos / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman / 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by agoadiv(m): 3:56pm On May 17, 2016
Let's learn some KITCHEN tips, your kitchen is the most important room in your home.
A lot comes out from there, so let's learn some few tricks. Works wonders.
1. If you happen to over-salt a pot of soup, just drop in a peeled potato. The potato will absorb the excess salt.

2. When boiling eggs, add a pinch of salt to keep the shells from cracking.

3. Never put citrus fruits (Oranges, Lemons,
limes, etc) or tomatoes in the fridge. The low temperatures degrade the aroma and flavor of these fruits.(That's why our tomatoes don't last in the fridge)

4. To clean iron cooking ware, don’t use detergents. Just scrub them with salt and a clean, dry paper towel.

5. When storing empty airtight containers, throw in a pinch of salt to keep them from getting stinky..

66 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by agoadiv(m): 4:07pm On May 17, 2016
6. If you are making gravy(stew) and accidentally burn it, just pour it into a clean pan and continue cooking it. Add sugar a little at a time, tasting as you go to avoid 'over-sugaring' it. The sugar will cancel out the burned taste.

7. Burned a pot of rice? Just place a piece of white bread on top of the rice for 5-10 minutesto draw out the burned flavour. Be careful not
to scrape the burned pieces off of the bottom of the pan when serving the rice.

8. Before you chop fresh red peppers, rub a little vegetable oil into your hands and your skin won’t absorb the spiciness.

9. If you aren’t sure how fresh your eggs are, place them in about four inches of water. Eggs that stay on the bottom are fresh. If only one end tips up, the egg is less fresh and should be used soon. If it floats, it’s past the fresh stage.

10. To banish ants from the kitchen, find out where they are coming in and cover the hole with petroleum jelly(Vaseline). Ants won’t trek through the jelly. If they are coming under a door, draw a line on the floor with chalk. The little bugs also won’t cross a line of chalk

67 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by agoadiv(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2016
cc lalasticlala
lets pple knw this great tips

4 Likes

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by agoadiv(m): 4:13pm On May 17, 2016
11. Don’t store your bananas in a bunch or in a fruit bowl with other fruits. Separate your bananas and place each in a different location. Bananas release gases which cause fruits (including other bananas) to ripen quickly. Separating them will keep them fresh longer.

12. To keep potatoes from budding in the bag put an apple in with them.

13. If you manage to have some leftover wine, cocktail drinks at the end of the evening, freeze it in ice cube trays for easy addition to sauces (white wine works wonders in sauces, I don't joke with them) in the future.

14. After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water and use it to water your house plants. The water contains nutrients that your plants will love.

15. When defrosting meat from the freezer, pour some vinegar over it. Not only does it tenderize the meat; it will also bring down the freezing temperature of the meat and cause it to thaw quicker. # Note every woman should have vinegar in her kitchen.

37 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by Omotayor123(f): 5:25pm On May 17, 2016
Nice tips OP. Tnx for sharing.
At point 8. "I only know of palm oil, don't know vegetable oil helps too.

I don check your dp sha oooo. Nice pix BTW wink

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by nairayouthcom(m): 5:27pm On May 17, 2016
Y
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by SKAMM(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2016
Do you practise all these?

1 Like

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by agoadiv(m): 7:00pm On May 17, 2016
Omotayor123:
Nice tips OP. Tnx for sharing.
At point 8. "I only know of palm oil, don't know vegetable oil helps too.

I don check your dp sha oooo. Nice pix BTW wink

@point 8 any of de two is gud to go but preferably veg oil.. n thanks 4 de compliment tho i said u shouldnt peep incheesy

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by agoadiv(m): 7:02pm On May 17, 2016
SKAMM:
Do you practise all these?
i do the ones necessary
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by agoadiv(m): 7:16pm On May 17, 2016
16. Do you cry while peeling off onions, then try this. After peeling off your onions, refrigerate the onions for at least 5minutes, then dice it. You will be glad you did.

17. For aluminum pans that are looking dull, just boil some apple peels in them. This will brighten up the aluminum and make your house smell yummy.

18. If your salt is becoming lumpy, put a few grain of rice in with it to absorb excess moisture.

19. Always keep an aloe vera plant in your kitchen. It’s invaluable when you scrape your arm or burn your finger. Just break off a leaf and rub the gel from the inside on the injury.

20. When making a soup, sauce, that ends up too fatty or greasy, drop in an ice cube. The ice will attract the fat, which you can then scoop
out. This works wonders

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by buharisbae(f): 9:13pm On May 17, 2016
wow this is a master piece lalasticlala biko ure needed cool

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by worksmart(m): 10:30pm On May 17, 2016
Ftc
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by lielbree: 10:32pm On May 17, 2016
smiley
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by petux(m): 10:35pm On May 17, 2016
//
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by SmithHumble50: 10:37pm On May 17, 2016
hmmmm....

OK!

OP Thanks!
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by Segadem(m): 10:39pm On May 17, 2016
Hnmmm
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by HankzBae(m): 10:42pm On May 17, 2016
Mehn av gat many saved pages o

4 Likes

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 17, 2016
Very informative,
But any one practicing all of the above must have a kitchen calling or a wizard.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by KENZYYONG(m): 10:44pm On May 17, 2016
This is awesome
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by mecussey(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2016
wow...pple get brain ooo yet abokkkkiiis no wan make niger move forward. This guy life is basically for chef matter. If babalawo or juju man profer these solutions na...we go say his juju is effective. Africans, use ur brains...invent and discover, there is a lot of work to do, this topic is just an example.

10 Likes

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by allytinted: 10:47pm On May 17, 2016
informative......thanks @ op
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by vickylincon(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2016
Amazing, @op, are u married? Am single and searching
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by flawlessT(f): 10:47pm On May 17, 2016
Pls is it any type of potato one is using in d case of salty food?Cus my soup sha grin

4 Likes

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by Lanretoye(m): 10:48pm On May 17, 2016
Cool tips
Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by ststyreal(f): 10:51pm On May 17, 2016
agoadiv:

16. Do you cry while peeling off onions, then try this. After peeling off your onions, refrigerate the onions for at least 5minutes, then dice it. You will be glad you did.

17. For aluminum pans that are looking dull, just boil some apple peels in them. This will brighten up the aluminum and make your house smell yummy.

18. If your salt is becoming lumpy, put a few grain of rice in with it to absorb excess moisture.

19. Always keep an aloe vera plant in your kitchen. It’s invaluable when you scrape your arm or burn your finger. Just break off a leaf and rub the gel from the inside on the injury.

20. When making a soup, sauce, that ends up too fatty or greasy, drop in an ice cube. The ice will attract the fat, which you can then scoop
out. This works wonders
Thanks so much op for this write up, have sincerely learnt something new but I need your advice on how to deal with rats in my apartment . They keep coming in after killing them one after the other and am tired of buying this chemical with an expensive rat killer. Honestly, I will be so relieve if you can help me with a permanent solution to this rat problem and most importantly, the soak away at the back of my house is also a major problem as it has so many holes around it and my landlady seems not to have the money to repair it, only waiting for a new tenant fee before she could start work on it. please I urgently need your advice on her to chase these rats permanently from my abode, cos they are really scaring me, thanks in anticipation of your response.

6 Likes

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by html14java(f): 10:52pm On May 17, 2016
Great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing Kitchen Tips That Will Change Your Life by Wendyslim(f): 10:53pm On May 17, 2016
Nice tips. But dat onion peeling has no remedy in ur tips undecidedNice tips. But dat onion peeling has no remedy in ur tips

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria / Woman Giving Her Husband A Haircut In Lagos / Woman Gives Birth To A Baby After 10 Years Of Pregnancy (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.