Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. (1021 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / It Is Unlawful To Send The Fulani Herdsmen Out Of Delta - Okowa / Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by PhockPhockMan: 5:15pm On May 17, 2016

Apparently miffed by the incessant attacks on farmers in Benue State by suspected Fulani herdsmen, the state governor, Samuel Ortom, yesterday raised the alarm that the state is under siege.

The governor, who was reacting to the weekend’s attacks on Agwabi village in Binev Council Ward in Buruku Local Government Area of the state, called on the herdsmen to vacate the state immediately before the people resort to self-defence as they have been pushed to the wall.

Ortom, who lamented the attacks, noted that the herdsmen have virtually taken over the entire land in the state, stressing that enough is enough for the rampant killings of his people.

“This is an unfortunate situation that has been happening to us in Benue State. I have been crying all over the place and making appeals because we are under siege by the herdsmen, you push them away from one end, they will go to another end of the state,” the governor lamented.

According to him, it is a bad situation now to see how every day our people are being killed, raped by these mercenaries, who do not have respect for rule of law and for security personnel.

Ortom said: “These are wicked mercenaries under the guise of herdsmen attacking us and taken over our farmlands. I have said it several times that we do not have land for grazing in the state, let them move out of the state. There is a limit to which I can appeal to my people to restrain themselves from reprisal attacks, if all of them are killed then I will be the next target.”

Alluding to allegation that the youths in the state are rustling Fulani cows, the governor denied the allegation saying, “it is the criminal elements among the herdsmen that always steal their cows,” arguing whether rustling of cows is commensurate with the human lives they take.

http://sunnewsonline.com/benue-governor-says-state-under-siege-orders-herdsmen-out/
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by DRISKLEF(m): 5:23pm On May 17, 2016
Rise up and fight for yourselves.

We've got no 'government for the people' in Nigeria.
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by cckris: 5:44pm On May 17, 2016
History repeats on those who REFUSE to learn, that Fulanis ARE vigorously pursuing their historic agenda.

The North Central had big towns before the Fulani jihadists arrived.

1 Like

Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by lekjons(m): 5:48pm On May 17, 2016
Obeserving from a mango tree..
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by fitzmayowa: 5:54pm On May 17, 2016
Na now the governor get him voice abi

BTW how can you order libyans(since all herdsmen with weapons are from libya) out of benue
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by PhockPhockMan: 5:56pm On May 17, 2016

Ortom said: “These are wicked mercenaries under the guise of herdsmen attacking us and taken over our farmlands. I have said it several times that we do not have land for grazing in the state, let them move out of the state. There is a limit to which I can appeal to my people to restrain themselves from reprisal attacks, if all of them are killed then I will be the next target.”

[size=18pt]
Terrible
[/size]
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by fitzmayowa: 5:56pm On May 17, 2016
DRISKLEF:
Rise up and fight for yourselves.

We've got no 'government for the people' in Nigeria.

The people of benue should rise against "herdsmen from libya" killing them in 100's, since the government is not concerned about "foreigners" taking nigerian lives...
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by BabaNath(m): 5:59pm On May 17, 2016
Mr. Governor, Lamentation will not solve any problem. Take a decisive action today and earn the trust of your people.
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by fitzmayowa: 6:00pm On May 17, 2016

A reprisal/genocide is coming, if the PMB led government continues to ignore the cries of the communities been attacked continuously by the so called "libyan herdsmen", the governor is even dropping a hint of that happening...

Na like this civil they start ooo...SMH
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by incomintop: 6:02pm On May 17, 2016
That's how Nigeria will throw the Fulani president away 2019
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 17, 2016
This man is really insane. He just woke up from his slumber. He allowed Apc government to stop him from criticizing the killing of his kinsmen by the Fulani's herdsmen. just because you want to please your god father at the detriment of the life of the people you are governing. life!!!
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by PhockPhockMan: 6:07pm On May 17, 2016
fitzmayowa:

The people of benue should rise against [size=18pt]
"Herdsmen from libya" [/size]killing them in 100's, since the government is not concerned about "foreigners" taking nigerian lives...
What is the work of Nigeria immigration service if they can not arrest and deport these llegal aliens ?
God will surely save us from this evil APC government.
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by fitzmayowa: 7:52pm On May 17, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

What is the work of Nigeria immigration service if they can not arrest and deport these llegal aliens ?
God will surely save us from this evil APC government.

I just tire, rather than face the carnage caused by the blood sucking herdsmen heads on, our C in C is busy claiming they are from libya...SMH
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by Rollingdice(m): 7:53pm On May 17, 2016
Benue! rise up and defend yourselves. Wake up from sleep!
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by amazingspiderma: 8:02pm On May 17, 2016
He should create vigilante in the various community, because those guys would not turn around sing "cum-ba-ya"
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by gratiaeo(m): 8:29pm On May 17, 2016
Buhari has brought shame to APC i dont think none fulanis in the North ll vote buhari APC come 2019 after what his brothers are doing
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by MisterGrace: 8:33pm On May 17, 2016
Why is he speaking out now? Where was he during the Agatu saga?
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by poiZon: 8:44pm On May 17, 2016
I pray dat f00l that is from benue with moniker havin o and a shud be killed too by these fulani militias so we go hear word for nl.
atleast he will go defend them for killing him wh3n face with our Master.
Re: Benue: Governor Says State Under Siege, Orders Herdsmen Out. by PhockPhockMan: 9:27pm On May 17, 2016
poiZon:
I pray dat f00l that is from benue with moniker havin o and a shud be killed too by these fulani militias so we go hear word for nl.
atleast he will go defend them for killing him wh3n face with our Master.
I no fit Laff.

(1) (Reply)

What Name Do You Call Your Mother? / Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari / Former Deputy Governor Of Kano State Engr Magaji Who Died 2day Laid 2 Rest(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.