Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari (1020 Views)

President Kenyatta Held Talks With Kayode Fayemi, A Special Envoy From Nigeria / President Buhari Receives Special Envoy Of Niger's President Issoufou In Abuja / Niger Delta Group Vows To Bomb NNPC Towers If Patience Jonathan Is Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by olamilekan360(m): 9:19am On Jun 04, 2016
NAN – A socio-political group, Assembly of Concerned Niger Delta People, has appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint his predecessor, Goodluck Jonathan, as special envoy to Niger Delta.

National coordinator of the group, Eperemor Governor, made the appeal in a statement on Thursday, June 1, 2016 in Benin.

According to him, the appointment will help to reduce the present hostility by the Niger Delta Avengers which has been responsible for the blowing-up of oil installations in the region.

He said as an indigene of the area, and former governor of Bayelsa, the former president would help to bridge the gap between the region and the Federal Government.

Mr. Governor, however, condemned the spate of pipeline bombings by the Niger Delta Avengers, adding that the bombings were not only affecting the nation economically but degradation the soil of the region.

He reminded the Niger Delta Avengers that while the country was suffering the effect of their activities, the environment of the region they claimed to represent was also being destroyed.

He, therefore, urged members of the group to channel their grievances to appropriate authorities rather than destroying the country`s commonwealth

A special envoy is a diplomatic rank or appointment usually given to a former president or outstanding and influential leader to mediate in on a special issue. Former US President Bill Clinton has served as a UN special envoy to Haiti in 2009.

lalasticlala

Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by sawdonline: 9:20am On Jun 04, 2016
we are going forward

1 Like

Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by olamilekan360(m): 9:35am On Jun 04, 2016
Can we help this to the front page peeps ..... lalasticlala
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by richidinho(m): 9:36am On Jun 04, 2016
GEJ should decline

6 Likes

Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by richidinho(m): 9:37am On Jun 04, 2016
olamilekan360:
Can we help this to the front page peeps ..... lalasticlala

Which kind front page, where is d sauce?

1 Like

Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by Orjioorji(f): 9:39am On Jun 04, 2016
i expect GEJ to turn them down, just as Buhari turn Boko Haram down to negotiate for them to end terrorism. ****

2 Likes

Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 9:41am On Jun 04, 2016
may curse be on that group ... they simply are trying to intimidate govt from prosecuting criminals, we must not give in to threats.
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by ajepako(f): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2016
richidinho:
GEJ should decline

That is the problem with GEJ..

He wont decline because of the goodness and humility in him...

That shows that age doesnt stop one from being a peaceful elder statesman..

God bless GEJ
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 9:43am On Jun 04, 2016
[s]
Orjioorji:
i expect GEJ to turn them down, just as Buhari turn Boko Haram down to negotiate for them to end terrorism. Hausa Man is an idiot without brain the only language they understand is violence.
[/s]

Buhari won't call Jonathan the dog and foolish elk great slowpoke of our time to help. If we have drunkards misbehaving we will call Jogogoro father of all drunkards to negotiate.
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 9:44am On Jun 04, 2016
[s]
ajepako:

That is the problem with GEJ..

He wont decline because of the goodness and humility in him...

That shows that age doesnt stop one from being a peaceful elder statesman..

God bless GEJ
[/s]

God punish gej for looting our money for his reelection.

1 Like

Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by olamilekan360(m): 9:45am On Jun 04, 2016
richidinho:
GEJ should decline

Decline Why?
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by TheFreeOne: 9:45am On Jun 04, 2016
That sounds like a Greek gift.

-----------------------------------------------------

PHONE CALL BETWEEN KACHIKWU AND A MILITANT.

MILITANT: Kachikwu i wan go bomb pipelines

KACHIKWU: Ehn...abeg bros

I dey on my knees take god dey beg you please...please before Una blow our tiny integrity and economy wey remain.

Wetin Una want? We dey ready to negotiate

MILITANT: But Una new sheriff say we go hia from him kill and go soldiers na

KACHIKWU: Sheriff gini? Forget that prank, the only sheriff i know dey PDP.

So bros abeg shey you no go blow the pipeline again?

MILITANT: You oga say we be terrorists

KACHIKWU: Na slip of tongue mistake wen him dey chop gworo na...you suppose know say wen our brothers from dat side dey chop gworo Dem fit promise anything. The only terrorists we know dey north.

Bros na you be the original oga. Shey u don accept my apology?

MILITANT: Make i chop my asala and chicken breast finish with this chilled orijin cos i dey vex too much now

KACHIKWU: Ok oga, but please no vex... Abi you like champagne make i send you one container?

Shey make i call you back?

MILITANT: E go better make you give your oga 2 drums of burukutu and kunu. Him go need am wen we finish our mission cos even ogogoro go sure pass for am to drown him sorrow.

No call me, just keep your phone for ya ear dey wait.

KACHIKWU: Ok oga militant. Thank you. (As he sweats profusely and attempts to tie the mobile phone to his head with his belt.)

Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by richidinho(m): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2016
olamilekan360:

Decline Why?

Buhari did same
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 04, 2016
Orjioorji:
i expect GEJ to turn them down, just as Buhari turn Boko Haram down to negotiate for them to end terrorism. Hausa Man is an idiot without brain the only language they understand is violence.

Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by otukpo(f): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2016
They should leave GEJ alone.

They should allow him to enjoy his retirement in peace.

He has done his bit.

1 Like

Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by 9ja4live: 6:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
If he must work with the FG. Buhari should first recognise the conference report, summit it to national assembly and propose time line fro it's implementation. Nigeria is not made up of stupid people. We are smarter than this.
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by Tinubutoto: 7:22pm On Jun 04, 2016
Jonathan will be a fool to accept such Greek gift, let the clue full one do his Jonathan. No one rendered help to Jonathan when he came calling
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
This is a clarion call which I believe Jonathan will heed. It time to rise above partisan politics and act in the interest of the nation. Nigeria is a project that requires joint action.
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by ireneony(f): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
Arrant nonsense! Jonathan is bigger than this..
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by ajepako(f): 10:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

God punish gej for looting our money for his reelection.

God punish buhari for wasting our money on his frail health.... tongue tongue
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by Okanokan(m): 10:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
No! The Humiliation is too much. Jonathan needs his peace.
Re: Appoint Goodluck Jonathan Special Envoy To Niger Delta – Group Tells Buhari by Amitex(m): 10:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
richidinho:
GEJ should decline
Supported, until the likes of Oshomole, Keneking and Omenka see reason that Nigeria needs GEJ

(1) (Reply)

ANALYSIS: Is It True There Is Hardship In Nigeria? / Dr. Oladotun Okunola Is Clinton Mystery Sidekick / Briton Confesses To Fraudulent Census In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.