Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,345 members, 7,829,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage (46287 Views)

Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo / N500b Paris Club Refund: Labour Set For Showdown With Governors / FG To Review Fuel Price Template- Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by Digriz(m): 6:51am On May 18, 2016
greatman247:

NLC never existed during Oshiomhole, NLC rather existed before Oshiomhole. He was so corrupt during that time but people didn't know. He never successfully fight for the people but for only his pocket and his cohorts. If na lie, show me two or more agitation brought up by Oshiomhole led NLC that sees the light of the day. None sailed through. After misleading people and make a whole lot of noise and criticise govt of the day, they still call him to the back stage and shut his mouth with bribes, and enrich him, then when he comes out of the closed door meetings with FG then he change the tune of the music by persuading the people to give FG some more time things will improve and that will be the end.

When he became the gov of Edo State, he did nothing for workers until in 2016 when he increased the salary of workers from N18,000 after spending 7 years in office and towards the end of his tenure, when he already knew his tenure will be ending this year, he suddenly realised that there need for him to stamp his name on Edo workers record that during his time he increased their salaries but that's politics if u ask me. If you have the love of people at heart as the former NLC president, why did it takes u 7 years to increase the salaries of workers in your state, considering the fact that you were once an NLC president and you were suppose to know and feel the plight of the poor workers? The truth was Oshiomhole has been politician in disguise from onset. His body was agitation for people (deceit) but his heart and soul was in politics.
Don't mind them,they didn't know that.
Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by uyplus(m): 7:09am On May 18, 2016
YoursGEJ:
NLC should join hands with this government to move Nigeria forward. Fuel subsidy must go and it is only fair that the minimum wage be upwardly reviewed.

For those asking why we opposed subsidy removal under GEJ. What did he do with the $100/barrel revenue Nigeria was getting from crude oil sales? $60bn foreign reserves, $3 billion ECA, etc were squandered and they still wanted the small subsidy we were enjoying. Subsidy has been corruption-ridden from the get go but Jonathan was not the person to make good use of the funds to be saved from subsidy removal. What did he do with the SURE-P funds? Where are the buses and stoves he promised as palliatives? Looking at Dasukigate, etc why should I trust Jonathan with subsidy removal? Buhari has the integrity to make proper use of those funds. Well meaning Nigerians know this and that's why there is a reluctance to go on strike by many groups. Compare this response with the massive turnout that greeted Jonathan's subsidy removal in 2012. Nigerians are not fools

Same thing i told my friends the other day. How do we trust a government that looted us dry when they had oil selling above $100pb for 41 consecutive months? A government that was still borrowing N3.7tn to pay salaries between 2010 to 2012. In late 2014 oil prices dropped to $54pb and they borrowed N882bn to pay salaries. Have we heard that PMB has gone borrowing yet even with oil selling @$38pb? A government that borrowed $1bn to fight boko haram in 2014 and the money found its way into individual bank accounts. A government that plunged us into more debts by borrowing $1.1bn from China to fund the railway projects. Where are the sure-p projects funded from subsidy savings? Sadly those Monies all got looted by members of the previous governments. NLC should be going on strike to negotiate reduction in wages and allowances of our legislators. Their salaries eats up 25% of our recurrent expenditure. Monies can be saved from there and redistributed evenly to raise minimum wage. NLC should be going on strike to ensure salaries of workers in government establishment such as the cbn, NNPC, NDIC, PPPRA, NCC, FIRS are reviewed downwards by RMAFC and be made even across board.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

2 Likes

Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by chronique(m): 7:22am On May 18, 2016
Spare me the epistle;I'm not here to defend Jonathan. I'm only here to correct the false info he posted;I do not like to see people spread false information cos that's part of the problems we're facing today.
greatman247:

Whether or not he met $60 billion but the truth was he met some billions of dollars and his govt depleted it and he didn't save up hence why Nigerian did not trusted. I know he meant well when he wanted remove fuel subsidy in 2012 but Nigeria didn't trust him because he lacks political will to save and fight corruption. His ex minister of finance said it and attested to that fact so stop defending him. Someone they ran the govt together confirmed it and u are here saying otherwise.

I love GEJ as much as any other person out there too but truth must be told at all times. He was a nice person but was a weak leader. He allowed sycophants to have feed day and misled him and corruption thrived and became the order of the day. Corruption was even Nigerian culture and norm during GEJ time .

A lot of public outcry during his time against his appointees, a lot of evidence and proof against some of his cabinet members then, still he never investigated any and yet he left them in the same position without doing anything.

He wanted to fight corruption with technology, that alone does not send strong warning signals to the Nigerian economy thieves. You need to prosecute them to serve as deterrent to others planning to loot us dry. Using technology alone implies you have hidden agenda and that you're weak and supporting corruption indirectly. When someone commits a crime, he should be punished and not allowed to go scot free. Imagine someone who steals billions of dollars from Nigeria, and bought several mansions scattered every choice areas and live a flamboyant lifestyle. After you detect, you say we should forget about him that henceforth we will use technology to block leakages. For Christ sake, what about that our billions of dollars that he stole, we should forget them too? A good leader who have the political will to fight corruption will curb it in all ramifications. As a good leader you are supposed to chase after that man that steals our billions of dollars, prosecute him, give him fair hearing in a competent court of law then if guilty he should be made to serve longer jail terms and those mansions and every loots must be recover to Nigeria coffer. For example, when Mr. "A" steals billions of dollars, and Mr. "B" comes again and steals in billions of dollars and you say we should leave them and face our economy, tell me, economy is gradually dying that way, we need all these money. Those billion of dollars syphoned can do great things in the lives of tens of million of Nigerians, meanwhile, only rich few individuals are sitting on these billions of dollars. They need to be punish really and the loots recovered to serve as deterrence to others planning such evil act against the people of Nigeria. These and many more areas I think GEJ got it all wrong even though I love him, I must say the truth.
Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by Krossbow123: 7:24am On May 18, 2016
YoursGEJ:
NLC should join hands with this government to move Nigeria forward. Fuel subsidy must go and it is only fair that the minimum wage be upwardly reviewed.

For those asking why we opposed subsidy removal under GEJ. What did he do with the $100/barrel revenue Nigeria was getting from crude oil sales? $60bn foreign reserves, $3 billion ECA, etc were squandered and they still wanted the small subsidy we were enjoying. Subsidy has been corruption-ridden from the get go but Jonathan was not the person to make good use of the funds to be saved from subsidy removal. What did he do with the SURE-P funds? Where are the buses and stoves he promised as palliatives? Looking at Dasukigate, etc why should I trust Jonathan with subsidy removal? Buhari has the integrity to make proper use of those funds. Well meaning Nigerians know this and that's why there is a reluctance to go on strike by many groups. Compare this response with the massive turnout that greeted Jonathan's subsidy removal in 2012. Nigerians are not fools
My guy, I believe u r not in Nigeria. Everything has scattered n u r still doing stupid analysis. From rice to tomatoes, from maize to oil..what has remained the same again?
Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by YoursGEJ(m): 7:27am On May 18, 2016
uyplus:

Same thing i told my friends the other day. How do we trust a government that looted us dry when they had oil selling above $100pb for 41 consecutive months? A government that was still borrowing N3.7tn to pay salaries between 2010 to 2012. In late 2014 oil prices dropped to $54pb and they borrowed N882bn to pay salaries. Have we heard that PMB has gone borrowing yet? A government that borrowed $1bn to fight boko haram in 2014 and the money found its way into individual bank accounts. A government that plunged us into more debts by borrowing $1.1bn from China to fund the railway projects. Where are the sure-p projects funded from subsidy savings? Sadly those Monies all got looted by members of the previous governments. NLC should be going on strike to negotiate reduction in wages and allowances of our legislators. Their salaries eats up 25% of our recurrent expenditure. Monies can be saved from there and redistributed evenly to raise minimum wage. NLC should be going on strike to ensure salaries of workers in government establishment such as the cbn, NNPC, NDIC, PPPRA, NCC, FIRS are reviewed downwards by RMAFC and be made even across board.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

I couldn't have said it better myself. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by ceejay4real(m): 7:28am On May 18, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef

- I followed the news this evening on TVCNN and saw with my eyes. This story is true and amazing grin

Are you ok upstairs? How is the news AMAZING? They set up a Committee 2 review minimum wage in the next 6 months and u call that amazing? You must be very daftt! Wldnt have Nigerian workers died in six months' time 4rm hardship? Young man, use ur God given brains and stop being a ZOMBIE! Nonsense!
Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by ashala(m): 7:33am On May 18, 2016
aljharem:
A man left government a year ago, his image still loom larger than life. Another came a year ago, everything he touched turned to dust!

In the realm of hypothesis, many said we would have been worse! I ask, what can be worse than this? A government run by NEOPHYTES and APPRENTICES? No economic policies in place.

Today, I am not convinced on devaluation. Next day, we will devalue to reflect present reality. Just before you think there is hope, you hear deregulation where government fixes prices of a commodity they can't provide. In another breath, oh, thank God we have removed subsidy on petroleum products. Just before you Erupt hope, the Vice president said we have not removed subsidy.

They banned the operation of domiciliary accounts and just as you say mama, they reversed themselves with unpardonable collateral
damage to commerce. Their broomstick must have swept their brains into the 'odo ogun'!

Nigeria is no doubt an animal farm!

Akanni Ola Balogun

So on point
Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by Luckki1001(m): 7:48am On May 18, 2016
Abeg I get queshun for the economic gurus in the house:

Given that we have entered into some sort of deal with China, who has 28 "official" refineries (not counting the smaller private-owned refineries referred to as teapot refineries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oil_refineries), why are we not importing fuel from China? If we take into consideration our current dollar malaise, China would have been a good alternative given the exchange rate of N30 to one yen [abi na yuan].

Even Japan, in the same link above, has 29 refineries! Can we do business with Asia ASAP pls? angry

Over to you, gurus.

NB: This strike no get head at all angry. Presently in the office now. Tot the strike would have been total like the Oshiomole days so that son of man go fit sleep small grin
Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by saintmark88(m): 8:02am On May 18, 2016
ndcide:

Same old nonsense. You had to use 16 years. Nigerians have benefited a lot in the last 16 years and you know it. Oya, tell us about corruption. as that's the usual punch line .In the last one year, You know the truth. don't deceive yourself. You can tell people to be patient. But the indices is obvious for everyone. Even Buhari Knows this fact.

Is tht what u can come up with??..... Alot..... Pls wht r d ALOT??!!.... Alot like what n what??
Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by Baonel(m): 8:03am On May 18, 2016
YoursGEJ:

The vice president said,"subsidy has not been removed".
Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by Holak: 8:37am On May 18, 2016
YoursGEJ:

Mr. Man, you are standing logic on its face. Jonathan's subsidy was not opposed because of the points you raised above. In January 2012, Jonathan was barely 7 months in power, how come you had already by then you had started asking question on what he did with $100 crude price but you are telling us today that one year is too short to judge a government. Nigerians don't want to participate in the strike because they have lost hope in both government and labour. Besides, the hardship is too much that people can't afford to stay in their homes for a day without looking for what to eat not because they trust your foolish Buhari or APC government. There is no explanation for those who opposed subsidy in 2012 and are supporting it now. It is all politics.
Re: FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage by YoursGEJ(m): 2:20pm On May 18, 2016
Holak:

Mr. Man, you are standing logic on its face. Jonathan's subsidy was not opposed because of the points you raised above. In January 2012, Jonathan was barely 7 months in power, how come you had already by then you had started asking question on what he did with $100 crude price but you are telling us today that one year is too short to judge a government. Nigerians don't want to participate in the strike because they have lost hope in both government and labour. Besides, the hardship is too much that people can't afford to stay in their homes for a day without looking for what to eat not because they trust your foolish Buhari or APC government. There is no explanation for those who opposed subsidy in 2012 and are supporting it now. It is all politics.

Jonathan was president from Feb 2010 - May 2015. Get your facts right. He had been in power for 3 years when he tried to remove subsidy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo Acts In Samuel Ajibola's Comedy Skit / Reno Omokri To Buhari: You Are Always In Shock, We Don't Need A Shock Absorber / ASUU Strike: Buhari Has Given Us Go Ahead To Intervene - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.