Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! (1215 Views)

Chronicles Of Catalan : Five Lessons I Learnt From Paddy Adenuga's Memoir / South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments / Business Plan: Do Igbo Businessmen Carryout Business Plan For Them To Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by Destined2win: 10:56pm On May 17, 2016
This is a real life story, I am astounded as to how people can be so savvy in business that even their brother is a competitor. Now these 2 businessmen are into importation of ceramic sinks, washbasins, tiles and plumbing materials. In fact I discovered that these 2 men have built credibility with their suppliers that they literally do not pay their suppliers from overseas.
They can order as much quantity as their warehouses can contain and pay gradually. The highest share holder of the company who supplies them those wares visit Nigeria periodically and these guys I learnt always sponsor her trips and make sure she is so comfortable lodging at Eko hotels and suites. The primary purpose of this lady is not to come after her debtors but to inspect the warehouses of these men so that she can have first hand view of what they need. What these guys do is that they rent or build as many warehouses as possible so that they can get more supplies. Need I say these guys are billionaires, you need to see competition. When millionaires call each other 'small boy'.

Now to the main story. One of these men bought about 3 plots of land with a structure that was supposed to be a shopping complex in a very choice location in a Lagos suburb on the mainland. The structure on this particular land was nearing completion but due to the reasons best known to the owner, he decided to sell it. He sold everything (both the land and the structure) for N200million to one of this men. The man told him that he doesn't need anything from there, that all he wants is the land. He offered it to the owner to demolish it within 2 weeks and take whatever he wants from there; iron rails, gate, pillars, anything or else if he is to do it, else he will demolish it under 3 days and wouldn't need a pin from there. This is indeed more money for the landlord.

Meanwhile, the other business man was always monitoring their movements, seeking for an opportunity to take over the deal. In fact he secretly offered the man N210 million to revert the sales of the choice property and give to him. When the other man discovered hat was going on, he didn't fight, what he did was he literally assisted the land lord to carefully demolish the property before 2 weeks, and before 3 more weeks, he has erected 2 massive warehouses there even without roofing them, he put his goods there.

I thought about all this and I learnt some cool business ideas;

1. Your competitor is not your enemy but someone to make you wake up from slumber

2. There is no 'brother ' in business

3. Don't think you are the only one that knows what is good. Someone has also seen that business opportunity you just saw

4. To ward off competition, you must make an outstanding statement. The first man realized that if he had wasted more time with the land lord, the other man would have sold his way into the landlord's heart with more money. He quickly erected his ware house and that put an end to his competitor's prying eyes.

5. What did you learn cool

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 17, 2016
i learnt that you should learn how to summarize ur write ups,i got bored reading just 10lines

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by AustinStevens: 11:06pm On May 17, 2016
I learnt the need to a millionaire!

Btw
Nice one bro
Re: 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by Destined2win: 11:10pm On May 17, 2016
EverestNwatu:
i learnt that you should learn how to summarize ur write ups,i got bored reading just 10lines
grin Ok lazy reader
Re: 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by coursednigerian(m): 11:20pm On May 17, 2016
that nigerians can lie
Re: 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 17, 2016
I learned that u need money to make money
Re: 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by Destined2win: 11:42pm On May 17, 2016
coursednigerian:
that nigerians can lie
grin really but not on this thread
Re: 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by Destined2win: 11:43pm On May 17, 2016
tjark1:
Yes but more of ideas
Re: 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by superneutral(m): 12:10am On May 18, 2016
tjark1:
Thats just it.
Re: 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by Djustprince7(m): 12:57am On May 18, 2016
I learnt that Ibo men are very smart when it comes to bussiness. grin
Re: 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by agarawu23(m): 4:51am On May 18, 2016
No doubt, Igbo men are business gurus. I deal with them. They are blessed with that. cool
Re: 5 Things I Learnt Today From 2 Rich Igbo Businessmen In Lagos! by gidimasters(m): 6:25am On May 18, 2016
ok

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Profitable Leather Belt Manufacturing Company / 20 People Who Proved Its Never Too Late To Transform Your Life Pictures / List Of Online Money Making Ponzi Sites In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.