Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,879 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. (23894 Views)

APC Is A Failure, Has Lily-Livered, Weak Leadership; IPOB Must Be Curbed - Sagay / APC Is A Bullying Party, Says Atiku / Fadeyi: Violence Breaks Out In Lagos Over NLC Strike (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by allthingsgood: 12:30pm On May 18, 2016
UmuEri:
NLC is not divided, Ayuba controls 33 out of 35 affiliate unions, leaving just only 2 for Ajero supposed faction.

Note, that was why the Ayuba led NLC worked out of the meeting with the FG on Tuesday immediately the SGF recognised and called Ayuba a factional leader.

This got Ayuba infuriated, and he immediately stood up and worked-out of the meeting. As he stood up, all his colleagues stood and followed him immediately.

The meeting did not hold because the FG wanted to further polarize NLC, and Ayuba understood that and staged a Work-out.

Note, i was there Live.

But isn't he a factional leader The whole world knows there are two factions of NLC. And govt cannot pick sides
You don't expect govt to call him the leader when there are two of them fighting for d same position. That will amount to interference. So ayuba walked out out of pride and nothing else. He didn't walk out in the interest of Nigerian workers. it was his own personal interest

4 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 12:40pm On May 18, 2016
allthingsgood:
[s][/s]

The way you wailers think is quite pathetic and silly

Labour was fractionalized long before buhari or apc came into the presidency. So this your ridiculous attempt to blame fg for NLC issues is very silly. sometimes I think you wailers suffer from selective amnesia

Firstly, I am not a wailer but a concerned Nigerian who's after a prosperous, egalitarian, unpolarized, progressive and peaceful nation.

Secondly, yes it's true NLC was fractionalized before the advent of Buhari's administration but the last govt did not officialize or magnify the divisions. By negotiating with two factions of the same union, APC has proved to the world that they can even dine with Satan just to have their way. That's satanism at its peak.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by allthingsgood: 12:50pm On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

Firstly, I am not a wailer but a concerned Nigerian who's after a prosperous, egalitarian, unpolarized, progressive and peaceful nation.

Secondly, yes it's true NLC was fractionalized before the advent of Buhari's administration but the last govt did not officialize or magnify the divisions. By negotiating with two factions of the same union, APC has proved to the world that they can even dine with Satan just to have their way. That's satanism at its peak.

Think before you spew trash my friend.

Would it have made sense negotiating with one and leaving the other out?? You claim not to be a wailer but u think like one. You expect govt to show preference for one against the other? Isnt that the exact definition of fractionalizing!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by wisov(m): 1:10pm On May 18, 2016
Lol are d pple in govt not citizens? ...its in labor interest to be in unison, not nigerians' when we see reason in going for strike we won't even wait for labor!
OLADD:

You're narrowing it down to Labour unionism alone forgetting that members of NLC are Nigerians also. If the citizens are intentionally divided among different lines by a sitting government, where's the hope of a united Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by UAE123(m): 1:15pm On May 18, 2016
KissCODE:
did u say that labour strike is not effective?

Lolzzzz...
You must be living in North Pole.
U dat is not living in d north pole tell me how many banks or other major companies or establishment dat are complying wit d strike in ur state.
Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 1:25pm On May 18, 2016
allthingsgood:

Think before you spew trash my friend.

Would it have made sense negotiating with one and leaving the other out?? You claim not to be a wailer but u think like one. You expect govt to show preference for one against the other? Isnt that the exact definition of fractionalizing!!

Is your problem centred around inability to comprehend simple fact or sheer cynicism? How many times would I say the govt should eschew divisiveness? Is it a crime if the warring factions are brought to round table for the sake of peace in the labour force? I am tired of you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OLADD: 1:43pm On May 18, 2016
allthingsgood:
I don't understand your point OP

Should govt have negotiated with one faction and left the other??

Your post doesn't make sense!

The NLC as far as Nigeria is concerned is one. So, if there's a feud among vested stakeholders, govt efforts should gear toward mending fences instead of callously polarising them. That's the essence of my post. OK?

1 Like

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by allthingsgood: 1:57pm On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

The NLC as far as Nigeria is concerned is one. So, if there's a feud among vested stakeholders, govt efforts should gear toward mending fences instead of callously polarising them. That's the essence of my post. OK?

This is even a more stupid comment to make
It is neither government's job nor in its interest to attempt to settle NLC. Government does not interfere with the internal dealings of labour

I repeat, your post is ridiculous!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by allthingsgood: 2:01pm On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

Is your problem centred around inability to comprehend simple fact or sheer cynicism? How many times would I say the govt should eschew divisiveness? Is it a crime if the warring factions are brought to round table for the sake of peace in the labour force? I am tired of you.

That is not the government's job. Government does not interfere in the internal runnings of labour. Every worker knows this. Besides, its not even in Government's interest to do so. So your comment makes no sense!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by tbaba1234: 2:04pm On May 18, 2016
OLADD:
If there's anybody out there who is not completely convinced about the divisive nature of Buhari's administration, such a person needs to take a cursory look at how the presidency has jettisoned all decency by negotiating with two feuding factions of the NLC in the ongoing fuel hike faceoff. For the reason best known to them, the APC government in its 11 months reign in power has not deemed it necessary to unite the labour unions, instead it has been embarking on actions that further polarize the body. Ironically, during the last May Day Parade, the same Federal Govt completely shut out the Ajero faction of the NLC but sent representations to the Wabba led parade. This clearly underscores how divisive Buhari's govt is. The implication of this is that this adminstration is poised to leave Nigeria more divided than it met it. If the pendulum swings tomorrow and the Ajero faction suddenly becomes antagonistic, where will the govt run to? It's a dangerous game.

It is not the president job to unite NLC..

4 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 18, 2016
[s]
OLADD:
If there's anybody out there who is not completely convinced about the divisive nature of Buhari's administration, such a person needs to take a cursory look at how the presidency has jettisoned all decency by negotiating with two feuding factions of the NLC in the ongoing fuel hike faceoff. For the reason best known to them, the APC government in its 11 months reign in power has not deemed it necessary to unite the labour unions, instead it has been embarking on actions that further polarize the body. Ironically, during the last May Day Parade, the same Federal Govt completely shut out the Ajero faction of the NLC but sent representations to the Wabba led parade. This clearly underscores how divisive Buhari's govt is. The implication of this is that this adminstration is poised to leave Nigeria more divided than it met it. If the pendulum swings tomorrow and the Ajero faction suddenly becomes antagonistic, where will the govt run to? It's a dangerous game.
[/s]

Nonsense write-up cheesy

3 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by kumbalo(m): 2:06pm On May 18, 2016
AZeD1:
Government and labour are never friends and it is to the benefit of the government if labour is divided.

anywhere in the world

2 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:06pm On May 18, 2016
NLC polarised itself during its election. Buhari has nothing to do with it.

3 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by danjaba(m): 2:08pm On May 18, 2016
UAE123:
Is ur explanation d reason y d labour strike was not effective

Are you related to Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:10pm On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

I am afraid that's the major reason why the strike is ineffective. NLC is a divided house.
Was Buhari there when the NLC election held? You should advise NLC to drop their differences, not blaming Buhari.

1 Like

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by free2ryhme: 2:10pm On May 18, 2016
they've not spent a year in govt they are already increasing fuel pump price ... thieves
Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by wintersnow(m): 2:11pm On May 18, 2016
This strike is not gonna cause a big bang! Y'all shud take a chill pill..

1 Like

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by diegwu01: 2:14pm On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

Think like a lettered person lady. Does it imply that Buhari's govt can do whatever it likes with workers since there's no common front to fight their course?

Besides, I am not pained because I am a govt employee but my concern is how the APC-led government is further polarising Nigeria. It's too evident for all to see.
Labour are the ones dividing themselves, it is not the duty of the Government to settle internal disputes within the NLC, they should put their house in order, for the first time in many years we re having a massive disagreements among the unions on this particular Strike issue and yet one group chooses to continue with an action not endorsed by all, you wont blame the Government on this, the Govt. is simply cashing in on their stupidity to stop the excesses of this particular group that may plunge the country into further problems

4 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by BRAV0O(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Was Buhari there when the NLC election held? You should advise NLC to drop their differences, not blaming Buhari.
sorry pls are u also saying the 145naira pump price is the way forward ?
Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by nonjebose(m): 2:15pm On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

Think like a lettered person lady. Does it imply that Buhari's govt can do whatever it likes with workers since there's no common front to fight their course?

Besides, I am not pained because I am a govt employee but my concern is how the APC-led government is further polarising Nigeria. It's too evident for all to see.
I think your epistle should be directed to labour unions. If they failed to get their acts together and close ranks for a common front, then too bad. Any attempt for govt to intervene in labour would surely be seen as meddlesomeness, with different theories flying around on a hidden agenda

1 Like

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by hotdi(m): 2:16pm On May 18, 2016
AZeD1:
Government and labour are never friends and it is to the benefit of the government if labour is divided.

Thank u my brother, some pple think upside down.

1 Like

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by greggng: 2:16pm On May 18, 2016
UmuEri:
NLC is not divided, Ayuba controls 33 out of 35 affiliate unions, leaving just only 2 for Ajero supposed faction.

Note, that was why the Ayuba led NLC worked out of the meeting with the FG on Tuesday immediately the SGF recognised and called Ayuba a factional leader.

This got Ayuba infuriated, and he immediately stood up and worked-out of the meeting. As he stood up, all his colleagues stood and followed him immediately.

The meeting did not hold because the FG wanted to further polarize NLC, and Ayuba understood that and staged a Work-out.

Note, i was there Live.

Stop misinforming Nigerians. The reason why he worked was clear. The. Federal govt wants to discuss salary increase and paliatives measures while as he want to discuss fuel subsidy reversal and reversal in the electricity hike. I hope this will set the record straight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by focus7: 2:18pm On May 18, 2016
Op the only I can describe you and your post is "Ode"
Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by macaranta(m): 2:19pm On May 18, 2016
Labour is good opposition,what is worrying is government getting/seeking injunction to prevent protest.One day they'll do something terrible with no body to check them.That is the real danger.
Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

mend fence by imposing their own candidate?. Govt. have no business interfering with Union leadership. What every govt. or administration does everywhere in the world in cases such as this is to parly the friendly faction and try to weaken the unfriendly one. The onus is on union leadership to mend fence and fight on a united front.

3 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:22pm On May 18, 2016
BRAV0O:
sorry pls are u also saying the 145naira pump price is the way forward ?
Go look for the thread your comment best fits.

3 Likes

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by BRAV0O(m): 2:22pm On May 18, 2016
macaranta:
Labour is good opposition,what is worrying is government getting/seeking injunction to prevent protest.One day they'll do something terrible with no body to check them.That is the real danger.
thank u much

APC = Tyranny alert

if Nigeria should let this fly then APC Administration will never be checkmate ! wake up Nigerians!
Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by hotdi(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

Ayuba Waba is the duely elected and recognized NLC President. So Government representative at his parade is the right thing.
I don't know what d FG should have done in ur opinion. should d FG send representative to d other faction too? that would have amount to causing division.
Ask questions from relevant sources before u initiate sentimental post online.

"I just want to make common sense" grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by nonjebose(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2016
OLADD:

The truth is that govts don't ever gain from a united labour or civil organizations
Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by Horus(m): 2:25pm On May 18, 2016
Obey The Rule of Law
Re: NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence. by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 18, 2016
macaranta:
every government does that. Last administration had several injunction against ASUU, NLC, and they not only ask for injunction against ARD/NMA... It dismissed all the doctors summarily and cancelled residency program in all our tertiary hospitals. It must also be stated that nobody obey those court injunctions since time immemorial... Even under military rule

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi Election: El-Rufai, 6 Governors, Others To Relocate To Kogi / IGP Charges Police Officers To Marry Each Other / Court Rejects Kanu’s Request For His Seized Passports And Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.