Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License (2724 Views)

Nigerians Can Now Get Their Driver's License Online !!! / How Do I Go By Getting My Driver's Licence As A First Timer / 10 Classes Of Nigeria Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by ajilegend(m): 8:56am On May 18, 2016
I don't know if anybody can help me out there who has gone through this mistake road before.
I applied for a driver's license in Lagos, Ikotun office precisely and after several weeks got the temporary license. But to my surprise, my sex was changed to female by the FRSC officer in charge of data. Before the capturing, the mistake was spotted which I asked them to change but they still went ahead with the mistake.
Now am in a fix because after the capturing I was told by the officer that he can't change it again. I want to know if there is anything I can do before the permanent license comes out? Searched FRSC website and there is no mention of such a mistake and how to rectify such.
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:31pm On May 18, 2016
ajilegend:
I don't know if anybody can help me out there who has gone through this mistake road before.
I applied for a driver's license in Lagos, Ikotun office precisely and after several weeks got the temporary license. But to my surprise, my sex was changed to female by the FRSC officer in charge of data. Before the capturing, the mistake was spotted which I asked them to change but they still went ahead with the mistake.
Now am in a fix because after the capturing I was told by the officer that he can't change it again. I want to know if there is anything I can do before the permanent license comes out? Searched FRSC website and there is no mention of such a mistake and how to rectify such.

nothing can be done. But I may be wrong ask pattybf
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by ajilegend(m): 2:33pm On May 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

nothing can be done. But I may be wrong ask pattybf
If that is the case it is a very bad thing
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by evilmontana(m): 2:47pm On May 18, 2016
too bad only in 9ja'.
jus try n get a new one grin
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by pattybf(f): 4:03pm On May 18, 2016
ajilegend:

only one way to correct this mistake is thru reissue. even ur permanent license will not come wt such mistake. u will keep hearing it has not been sent from Abuja. others has been there. only reissue will solve it!
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by ajilegend(m): 5:01pm On May 18, 2016
pattybf:

only one way to correct this mistake is thru reissue. even ur permanent license will not come wt such mistake. u will keep hearing it has not been sent from Abuja. others has been there. only reissue will solve it!
So pls should I ask for reissue from them or what action should I take?
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by pattybf(f): 5:48pm On May 18, 2016
ajilegend:

So pls should I ask for reissue from them or what action should I take?

yes but u will ve to pay again but not as much as a fresh license
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by ajilegend(m): 6:02pm On May 18, 2016
pattybf:

yes but u will ve to pay again but as much as a fresh license
That is serious o. So I have to pat for their error. Anyway thanks, I appreciate your reply
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by solah: 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
@ajilegend
How were you able to finally resolve the issue with error on sex
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by adanny01(m): 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2020
ajilegend:

Once payment is made, nothing can be changed on that particular license unless you want it reissued which you will pay again.

This is why I prefer to edit my data myself, pay and come for capture.

1 Like

Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by ajilegend(m): 12:07am On Sep 07, 2020
solah:
@ajilegend
How were you able to finally resolve the issue with error on sex
I have been using the licence like that but recently I heard I can now edit it when I renew after the expiration of my current licence

1 Like

Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by soloehis(m): 12:12am On Sep 07, 2020
ajilegend:
its desame problem a friend is dealing with..the truth is ur permanent license will never be processed..just pay another fee and recapture
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by ajilegend(m): 12:50am On Sep 07, 2020
soloehis:
its desame problem a friend is dealing with..the truth is ur permanent license will never be processed..just pay another fee and recapture
I already have the permanent licence and have even renewed once. The truth is nobody looks at the sex mistake so far you have the licence. But will correct it when next I renew
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by sultaan(m): 2:05am On Sep 07, 2020
So its easier for OP to be Bobrisky than for the unit to correct their mistake.

Why is driver licence not issued by the state, there is more problems for federal government to deal with.
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by soloehis(m): 2:13am On Sep 07, 2020
ajilegend:

I already have the permanent licence and have even renewed once. The truth is nobody looks at the sex mistake so far you have the licence. But will correct it when next I renew
the people here refused to capture my friend saying that his license wont be processed if they do..he is planning to pay another drivers license fee
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by derbykol(f): 6:35am On Sep 07, 2020
ajilegend:

I have been using the licence like that but recently I heard I can now edit it when I renew after the expiration of my current licence
Exactly!
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by ajilegend(m): 9:07am On Sep 07, 2020
soloehis:
the people here refused to capture my friend saying that his license wont be processed if they do..he is planning to pay another drivers license fee
They are not the one to determine if it will be processed or not. And again, he can use the temporary for the duration of the permanent one until he can pay for a new one
Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:15pm On Sep 08, 2020
evilmontana:
too bad only in 9ja'.
jus try n get a new one grin
Not only in naija bro. A woman in US had her passport photo replaced by a chair in her drivers license. But hers was later rectified

Re: Help! Gender Mistake On My Driver's License by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2020
ajilegend:
I don't see any solution to rectify this for now but I see a solution to avoiding unnecessary stress from Police.
Go to court, do an affidavit that backs the fact that the gender issue is a mistake by the registerer (frsc) and attach that affidavit to your vehicle document. When your license expires, make sure you hammer it to them upon renewal that you need the gender changed.

Case closed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Oil Indicator Is On Constantly (golf IV 1.4) / Nissan Primera 1999 Model (SE) Vs Toyota Camry Orobo 1996 Model / A Review Of The Innoson FOX And UMU Sedans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.