Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Nigerians And Lack Of Understanding - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians And Lack Of Understanding (364 Views)

Ever Wondered: Why Are School Buses Yellow And Lack Seatbelts? / Breaking: (photos) Nigerians And Other Blacks Being Killed Painfully In Libya / Nigerians And Their Respective Way Of Thinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians And Lack Of Understanding by Obilo123(m): 9:25am On May 18, 2016
My fellow Nigerians is sad how we react to news. I am an Igbo man but I don't like the way some people think.
1. The issue of fuel hike is something we all should understand that it should be done. Why can't we listen to news properly before we start spitting fire. We keep saying no job and no salary for workers. When the Jobs that could have been created by in the down stream sector is lost to subsidy and the money that should be used for paying workers is used for paying subsidy. We should think well. Everything is not all about now. Let Nigerians for once think of the future.
2. The issue of avengers. Why is it when Jonathan was.there nobody is bombing anything. Well these people should know that it is not Buhari that is bearing the pain but the common man.for me I support the use of force. Violence is not a way.to get attention. You cannot be punishing the whole country for your own political foolish gain. If they are treated with mild hand tomorrow another group will raise up their head.
3. In the same fuel hike I think it is an avenue for innovation. Why can't we think of an alternative to PMS. In India the keke, the taxi and some cars run on LPG and CNG. Why can't we be innovative about some things. Are the labor just there to collect salaries and hold stupid rallies. Why can't be innovations for our common problem. There are some generators that can run on LPG even on Kerosine. Nigeria is not the only country that have remove subsidy in the recent time. Suadi Arabia has done it UAE has announced it and many countries are doing the same especially on the middle east.
So please for once let's be ready for some temporary pain so that we can have a better tomorrow. Please youths let us understand that we have make sacrifice which our parents refused to make and that is why we are suffering today. And let us not look at every government decision through the lens of tribalism and politics.

I hope we think twice before we ulter a word.
God bless the Federal Republic.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stephanie Davis Has Reassured Fans She Is "All Good" After Being Rushed To Hospi / How Watching Sports Affects Your Mind And Body / Ben Murray-bruce Fired Back At Man Who Condemned Him On His Twitter Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.