Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices (15560 Views)

Christmas: Lagos Beer Parlour Operators Lament Low Patronage / Naira Appreciates As Manufacturers Lament Forex Scarcity / Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by yomalex(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2016
Where is Ebonyi rice
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 18, 2016
Its terrible a bag of royal stallion going for 20k in ph ( good luck to you if u get one that isnt adulterated or tampered with)

Local Ebonyigold goes for N18k.

using current monthly increment rice will be selling over 30k by December.

The common man's staple is becoming out of reach.

3 Likes

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by MARKone(m): 2:29pm On May 18, 2016
Buhari and his stupid policies. Why ban the importation of Rice, while we don't produce rice that can be sufficient for the populace. The Nigeria custom is not even helping matters, the level of bribery, corruption, intimidation and extortion going on there is fantastic.

4 Likes

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by olaoye15(m): 2:29pm On May 18, 2016
In as much as the present day government policies look harsh, I believe it is now time to start looking Inward to solving our problems. I was heartbroken last month when I realised that our own ofada rice is still at the crude Stage it was in the 18th century. Seriously speaking, it is time to take the sacrifices today so that the suceding generation will be proud of us.

For me, I am not proud of both my and older generations because it is still the same problems Baba 70 (RIP) sang about that we are still facing today. Our universities are shrouded with professors of mechanical engineering that can not troubleshoot a Simple problem on their cars. Hospitals are ill equipped, schools have been dilapidated etc.

We all need to be realistic with ourselves, pull everything down and start the rebuilding process all over again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by dynamite11: 2:29pm On May 18, 2016
The change is here, negative change

2 Likes

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by mkoabiola: 2:31pm On May 18, 2016
Some e-diot will stil defend buhari n apc even if a bag is sold for N50K

2 Likes

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by mescan(m): 2:31pm On May 18, 2016
How much is dat ur local rice. They promised the zombies change, now they re in chain
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by phlemzy: 2:31pm On May 18, 2016
The prices of rice and tomatoes hasn't risen to a level that will warrant the so-called Minister of Agriculture to address the press on measures taken to stop the situation from degenerating further. Its sickening to hear endless news of hardship.

3 Likes

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by lovat(m): 2:41pm On May 18, 2016
allthingsgood:
Some Nigerians are funny o

Why complain of soaring prices when we have our local rice alternative that's even more nutritious and cheaper!

Since 2015 I have stopped eating imported rice
I'm very sure that you are still a dependant that's why you are not feeling this government policies.

I pity your parents who are slaving for you daily

7 Likes

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by lovat(m): 2:42pm On May 18, 2016
olaoye15:
In as much as the present day government policies look harsh, I believe it is now time to start looking Inward to solving our problems. I was heartbroken last month when I realised that our own ofada rice is still at the crude Stage it was in the 18th century. Seriously speaking, it is time to take the sacrifices today so that the suceding generation will be proud of us.

For me, I am not proud of both my and older generations because it is still the same problems Baba 70 (RIP) sang about that we are still facing today. Our universities are shrouded with professors of mechanical engineering that can not troubleshoot a Simple problem on their cars. Hospitals are ill equipped, schools have been dilapidated etc.

We all need to be realistic with ourselves, pull everything down and start the rebuilding process all over again.
Another Dependant

1 Like

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Whizzdom(m): 2:43pm On May 18, 2016
The Nigeria Customs Officers are too mischievously corrupt, you impound innocent people's truck of rice because the rice is not of the brand that gave you cheap bribe.

God watching us all, small time now, you go say God no hear your prayers, all this innocent people wey you collect der tears nko.

1 Like

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by tonygee1(m): 2:44pm On May 18, 2016
even if one cup should sell for 10000 me my family and country bro and sist wil not die of hunger

1 Like

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by captain247: 2:49pm On May 18, 2016
All foodstuff have gone high. In my area custard rubber of garri is #700, 4ltrs king size vegetable oil is #2600, 4 plumes of tomato is #300, a kilo of Turkey is now #1,200 nothing is cheap again in Nigeria even fruit is worse small pineapple will cost you #400. To assist friends or relative is now a problem cos the hardship is increasing day by day.

3 Likes

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by allthingsgood: 2:57pm On May 18, 2016
lovat:
I'm very sure that you are still a dependant that's why you are not feeling this government policies.

I pity your parents who are slaving for you daily

Pls shut up and stop talking rubbish. I depend on no one. Thats besides the point. If u cant contribute meaningfully to discussion,pls remain quiet
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by onyxo76(m): 3:17pm On May 18, 2016
hunger in the land..

1 Like

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by kechywillz(m): 3:19pm On May 18, 2016
Buhari is an in-effectual buffon who doesnt even sympathise with the plight of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by basking4me: 3:20pm On May 18, 2016
There is no starvation in the land. It is laziness that is prevalent in the land and our inability to look inwards.

This news should bring out the ingenuity in us. The opportunity to invest in agriculture.

Most of these farm produce ( tomato, rice, cassava, beans) we complain about not being available or too expensive, can be grown locally.

Nigeria Land is FERTILE and will grow almost anything that is related to our climate even without fertiliser application.

We need to invest in farming to become more self sustaining and even exporters of these foods within the African region and beyond.
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by rupeelicious(f): 3:40pm On May 18, 2016
allthingsgood:

Why complain of soaring prices when we have our local rice alternative that's even more nutritious and cheaper!

If u really eat local rice, u wud hv noticed d price is way above wat it used to be, as demands hv increased.
It's not abt eating local, things, nigeria just got tougher for inexplicable reasons.

5 Likes

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by lovat(m): 3:40pm On May 18, 2016
allthingsgood:

Pls shut up and stop talking rubbish. I depend on no one. Thats besides the point. If u cant contribute meaningfully to discussion,pls remain quiet
mynd44 seun
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Onegai(f): 3:45pm On May 18, 2016
This is getting ridiculous. You cannot ban without fixing infrastructure like roads and light, giving favourable loans and tax breaks to food manufacturing and processing companies and farmers. All that will create people profiteering (which is happening already) and horrendous starvation. And Buhari has done this before. When he got voted in, a pundit I follow said we should get ready for good queues and all sorts. And that was a pundit it who supported Buhari. He is trying to fix problems in the worst possible manner, at great cost to everyone. There are gentler methods which he can put in place so the next government continues his policies, just as he is continuing GEJ's policies.

Local rice is almost the same price as the imported stuff at the supermarket we stop at and the markets I go to don't even sell it. Is local rice freely available and affordable? No.

1 Like

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Eve62(f): 4:05pm On May 18, 2016
allthingsgood:

So gud for u. It seems u er d only one unaffected by d "CHAINS".
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by mickey226(m): 4:19pm On May 18, 2016
Buharinomics is clearly not working, while they were making theses policies didn't they foresee these things happening?one bag of Rice = minimum wage. What a country

1 Like

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by kingsol1759(m): 4:50pm On May 18, 2016
Time to start eating well processed local rice at affordable prices..For more details call 07036394918
#Buy9jaGrowNaira
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by egobetatoday: 5:20pm On May 18, 2016
this buharis economic manipulations look like film trick in the eyes of his faithful zombies. They are still hoping for some magic grin. Zombies, pls keep hoping oogrin

one die-hard zombi 'fell' yesterday. He was complaining bitterly. i almost died laughing grin
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by egobetatoday: 5:21pm On May 18, 2016
mickey226:
Buharinomics is clearly not working, while they were making theses policies didn't they foresee these things happening?one bag of Rice = minimum wage. What a country

that is bread paper/ certificate at work!
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by kolaish(m): 6:11pm On May 18, 2016
zeezyoung:
Today is my Birthday show some love
May God continue to shower his blessings on you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY. MANY HAPPY RETURNS IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by jojothaiv(m): 6:17pm On May 18, 2016
Spanners in work!!!
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by mikolo80: 7:19pm On May 18, 2016
alawi5k:
Lalasticlala, a cup of rice is 100h. Truly, there is famine in the land. Believe it or not! 3cups of garri 100h,no light,1 litre of fuel 145h, 4 seeds of tomatoes 400h, etc. This change is excrutiating.
enter farm
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by mikolo80: 7:20pm On May 18, 2016
Frankiss44:
Another hallmark of bubu crazy policies..
if he no do am like dat una no go enter farm
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:48pm On May 18, 2016
allthingsgood:

Which brand is cheaper cox d last time I checked ofada rice is more expensive than imported rice

1 Like

Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by allthingsgood: 9:05pm On May 18, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

Which brand is cheaper cox d last time I checked ofada rice is more expensive than imported rice

Not ofada rice.

We have fine par-boiled nigerian rice. Abakaliki rice and even abuja rice. Our rice is sweeter and far heathier
Re: Rice Traders Lament Soaring Prices by allthingsgood: 9:13pm On May 18, 2016
rupeelicious:

If u really eat local rice, u wud hv noticed d price is way above wat it used to be, as demands hv increased.
It's not abt eating local, things, nigeria just got tougher for inexplicable reasons.

Local rice is far cheaper than the imported poison u are swallowing in d name of rice. And no, the reasons for nigeria's toughness are very explicable! Corruption + single comodity export + low price of oil = economic meltdown. Its not rocket science!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ECOWAS Launches Regional Contest For New Currency’s Name And Icon / What Are The Products Nigeria Make? / My Giving Habit Affects My Friendship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.