Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:52 PM

My Top 24 Atheist Quotes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Top 24 Atheist Quotes (1065 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / The Best Atheist Quotes On Nairaland / Some Honest Atheist Quotes Every Christian & Atheist Needs To Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Top 24 Atheist Quotes by AccidentalGenius: 7:38pm On May 18, 2016
[b]when you understand why you dismiss all other possible gos, you'll understand why i dismiss yours

when i was a kid, i had an imaginary friend & i used to think that he went everywhere with me, & that i could talk to him & that he could hear me, & that he could grant me wishes & stuff. And then i grew up, & i stopped going to church.

To understand via the heart is not to understand

give an man a fish & he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish & he will eat for a lifetime, give a man religion & he will die praying for a fish

men never commit evil so fully & joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions

religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false & by rulers as useful

most people cannot bear sitting in church for 5 hours on a sunday. How are they supposed to live somewhere very similar to it for an eternity

to you, i'm an atheist, to god, i'm the loyal opposition

is god willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he's not omnipotent. Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him a god?

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer

and if there were a god, if think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence.

We must question the story logic of having an all knowing all powerful god, who creates faulty humans and then blames them for his mistakes

which is it? Is man one of gods blunders or is god one of man's

as people become more intelligent, they care less for preachers and more for teachers

phylosophy is the question that may never be answered, religion is the answer that may never be questioned

you can't convince a believer of anything for their belief is not based on evidence, its based on a deep-seated need to believe

religion has actually managed to convince people that there's an invisible man, living in the sky, who watches everything you do, everyminute of everyday, & the invisible man has a special list of 10 things he doesn't want you to do, & if you do any of these 10 things, he has a special place, full of fire & smoke & burning & torture & anguish, where he ill send you to live & suffer & burn & choke & scream & cry forever till the end of time. But he loves you and He NEEDS MONEY

with or without religion, you would have good people doing good things & evil peopl doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion

if god doesn't like the way i live, let him tell me, not you

man created god in his image; intolerant, sexist, homophobic & violent

religion does 3 things quite effectively; divides people, controls people, deludes people

history teaches us no other word has brought more death than the word god

people who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs

an atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An atheist strives for involvement in life not escape into death. He wants diseases conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated.[/b]

5 Likes

Re: My Top 24 Atheist Quotes by Richirich713: 7:45pm On May 18, 2016
These are atheist favorites, just read an Atheist blog earlier, had practically the same list.
Re: My Top 24 Atheist Quotes by Richirich713: 7:58pm On May 18, 2016
One of my favorite atheists quotes is from Anthony Flew, the leading atheist philosopher of the 20th century who later became a deist. Who said this when he was still an atheist.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Top 24 Atheist Quotes by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 18, 2016
Mtcheeeeeew you no get work my friend, logout and look for something to do. (jobless nairalanders) cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/06/16 / BREAKING: Explosions Rock Saudi Arabia / Living Faith Bishop David Abioye’s Driver Converts To Muslim (pictures+video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.