Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Have You Started Your Novel Yet? If Not, What's Stopping You? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Have You Started Your Novel Yet? If Not, What's Stopping You? (561 Views)

Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel / Change : How I Started Stealing Pots With Food On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Started Your Novel Yet? If Not, What's Stopping You? by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 18, 2016
If you don’t start writing and doing today, then when? Chances are, you probably never will.

This is especially true for bloggers and writers, and anyone thinking about creating or self-publishing an info-product or book.

Truth is, there is no perfect time. The only time we have, are the moments we experience here, now, in the present.

We have today, and that's it. If we're lucky, we'll live to see another day, and when that day comes, that day will be all we have until the next.

My point is that if you want something -- whether that's a business, a new career, a family, to travel, a published novel, or whatever -- then it is up to you to make it happen. This is YOUR life. You ONLY life. And it's your time to create the life you want to live and start living it.

To those of you who are waiting for that right time -- a better time -- STOP!

Stop waiting for perfection, and START taking action.

If your circumstances are less than ideal, or you don't have the money to launch your plans, I understand that. But not everything requires money or a lot of time. It costs nothing to write an outline or conduct research for your novel. It costs nothing to write a few words or ideas about your book per day.

Even if all you do is write a single sentence a month, you're still doing better than the person who only ever talks about his/her book.

Given all that you could do without any investment other than your time, and you still find reasons not to start, maybe you should ask yourself if the piece you have in mind, is the one you really what to write.

If you want something in life, you have to go after it. Period.

Get on the phone and talk with people, get to truly know them, don’t hide behind email. Make some sales calls. Ask other writer's if they don't mind sharing some advice and tips to help you grow. Join a mastermind group.

Do something.

Desire without action is just wishful thinking.

If you're not pursuing the opportunities you want, what are you waiting for? What is it going to take to get you motivated enough to get up and actively go after the opportunities, career, or life you WANT?

Start today, and begin creating the life and business that you desire. Stop waiting and begin a life of action.

I wish you all abundant success and peace!

Be blessed!

Ra

1 Like

Re: Have You Started Your Novel Yet? If Not, What's Stopping You? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
I know that for many, the fear of failure is a crippling and immobilizing force.

I know, because I was once there myself; and even today, it still happens to me from time to time.

In fact, it's happening to me now with a collection of short stories I plan to self-publish in the coming weeks.

But the difference between the old me and the new is that I don't allow the fear to paralyze me.

The only way to overcome that fear is to confront it, and you do that by doing what scares you. I'm not say that you need to go out and open a restaurant or start a new business today, but I do mean that you need to start moving in that direction. Take small steps.

Perhaps this post will help. Stepping Into Confidence.

When we can overcome our fears and insecurities, we discover who we truly are. We move past our smaller selves who suffer in our conditioned reality, and move into the unconditional truth of our greater self. And it is then that the answers to the questions of what to say, what to do, who to allow in, and who to keep out, all become clear and simple.

Fear blocks us from fulfilling our purpose, and despite what some people say or think, we ALL have a purpose in life.

We're each born with the strength and potential to thrive and succeed in life. The voice is there, we just need to listen to it. smiley

Be blessed!

(1) (Reply)

Casa África Flash Fiction Competition / Pregnant Brides / House At Akanbi Street Written By Xblym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.