Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,500 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. (34333 Views)

How To Keep Promises And Earn Trust / See How A Father Flogged Her Daughter, Promises To Batter Wife [photos] / Future Promises To Be Great, But The Road Doesn’t Promise To Be Smooth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by unapapadeycraze: 11:59pm On May 18, 2016
MARRIAGE: 4 PROMISES GUYS CAN’T KEEP

The word promise is one of the most occurring words in marital relationships. Promise means to tell someone that you will definitely do something or something will happen.

For a courtship to lead to marriage, a promise must be kept. Even a lasting Marriage is a promise well kept.
In courtship, guys make several promises to ladies who make them happy and eager for wedding but there are some of these promises that cannot be kept by men in marriage. Is it becoming a puzzle to you? Read on and get the clarifications.

1. I WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU: Being together as husband and wife is one of the most treasured times in marriage but it is not possible to be together for 24 hours in 365 days in a year. He can’t always be where you were all the time. There are times both of you will be in two different places. For instance when you go to your various offices or when one of you is on official assignment out of your locality. What matter most is faithfulness ­though you may be out of sight but not out of heart. Don’t play a fast game against one another. Let there be re-assurance and constant phone calls echoed with this magical trio i.e. “I love you”.

2. I WILL NEVER HURT YOU: It is not possible for two people to live together without offending one another. He will definitely offend you while you too cannot but offend him.
Though it may not be deliberate even in courtship, expect it. If he’s keeping a clean sheet in courtship ­beware! He must be pretending and he will later explode in marriage. Certain actions of his will hurt you but you must be ready to forgive without nursing its wound. Expect mis-understanding, it is the pathway to understanding. No matter what happens, friendliness should be a hallmark of a Christian home because ­marriage is a union between two imperfect people working towards perfection.

3. I WILL D0 EVERYTHING FOR YOU: He must have turned this to lyrics that is sang to your hearing almost every time you meet but the truth is you will be disappointed in marriage, If this is your expectations because he can’t do everything for you. He may teach you how to drive, pay the house rents, bought clothes for you but consider when he will be down without physical ability to do anything even machine, breakdown atimes. He can’t carry the pregnancy for you, it’s exclusive for ladies, and he can only demonstrate care during the period. He can be in the labour room with you during delivery but can’t experience the pain in the process of delivery. But the real man will stay with his wife in hospital duringdelivery while careless men will neglect their wives at this period.

4. I WILL PROVIDE FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS: Don’t go into marriage with the aim of having all your needs met lest you lose passion for the man you married. There atimes when something are not within his reach which may be due to financial inability. Of course, he can’t give you what he didn’t have. You don’t have to be offended for marriage is not just about receiving alone, you too have to give something in return-contribute your own quota towards the development of that union. Complement one another’s effort. Don’t look for what to get rather seek for what to give. He can’t provide for all your needs, only God can do this. Get this into your mind and don’t be offended while he falls short of this.

Y'all can add yours.

source: http://bisiadewale.com/marriage-4-promises-guys-cannot-keep/

10 Likes

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:34am On May 19, 2016
Seriously?........ undecided who takes those words literally?!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Laveda(f): 12:39am On May 19, 2016
Will read at dawn!

[size=20pt]YAWN![/size]

3 Likes

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Nobody: 12:42am On May 19, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by hemartins(m): 12:44am On May 19, 2016
Op, how much is fuel in your area?

6 Likes

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by unapapadeycraze: 12:47am On May 19, 2016
Laveda:
Will read at dawn!

[size=20pt]YAWN![/size]

you better read it now. Your boyfriend is lying to you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Nobody: 12:50am On May 19, 2016
Laveda:
Will read at dawn!

[size=20pt]YAWN![/size]
Dont mind d op, e no sabi say clients dey wait 4 u to service by dis time of d day.

3 Likes

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by unapapadeycraze: 12:57am On May 19, 2016
Festivalofholi:
Dont mind d op, e no sabi say clients dey wait 4 u to service by dis time of d day.

na people like you dey mk me call her olosho lavedacheesy

3 Likes

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Nobody: 1:03am On May 19, 2016
unapapadeycraze:

na people like you dey mk me call her olosho lavedacheesy
And u come dey expect her to read ur meaningless epistle by dis time, wen clients dey wait 4 her.

5 Likes

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Jerryolumide(m): 1:37am On May 19, 2016
Laveda:
Will read at dawn!

[size=20pt]YAWN![/size]
do you rap?

1 Like

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Kiish(m): 1:38am On May 19, 2016
because those promises are unrealistic
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by EzePromoe: 4:43am On May 19, 2016
No sane lady will believe 3 & 4 for this kain economy. Any guy who can't keep 1 & 2 definitely has a personal problem that needs urgency. Sometimes our dear ladies need these bogus promises more than the reality of it all, so we give it just as they want it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by wordbank(m): 6:08am On May 19, 2016
Life becomes boring when everything about you is predictable.

5 Likes

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by firstking01(m): 7:10am On May 19, 2016
I will never cheat on you :-XI :-XI...ifa hear say there has been any man that has kept to this promisegrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by freeeeme(m): 7:21am On May 19, 2016
Lazy girl. School exam, she no pass....Work, she no learn....Na boyfriend promise be her way out. SMH....dey dia dey wait for ready made until dem use borrowed car chop your goodies finish... cheesy grin.
Haba! Do everything for you. Kilode?.. If GEJ do everything for Dame Patience Jonathan. Him go fit reach President? If Barack Obama do everything for Michelle Obama, will Obama win Presidential election? Oh....Naija guys can only do everything for u temporarily to reach ur downtown, and when mission is accomplished, dey run back to dia 'surulere/enduring wife/babe. WISE UP AND BE A COMPLIMENT FOR YOUR MAN.

5 Likes

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Laveda(f): 8:25am On May 19, 2016
Jerryolumide:
do you rap?

grin not really, why ask?

1 Like

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by tee59(f): 8:32am On May 19, 2016
This op thread get sense today o, infact, i was impressed. Neva tot u can post a meaniful thread like dis. Ur moniker name though.
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Jerryolumide(m): 9:46am On May 19, 2016
Laveda:

grin not really, why ask?
nothing, I've never met a female that raps or love rap, face to face
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Laveda(f): 9:58am On May 19, 2016
Jerryolumide:
nothing, I've never met a female that raps or love rap, face to face

Okay lol I'm not good at it.
Tho I got a thing for hip hop.

We got so many of them tho, you just haven't met.
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Jerryolumide(m): 10:08am On May 19, 2016
Laveda:

Okay lol I'm not good at it.
Tho I got a thing for hip hop.

We got so many of them tho, you just haven't met.

sweet. I'll love to hear you spit a verse
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by brainbox1000(m): 10:13am On May 19, 2016
Hmm
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by rita25(f): 10:13am On May 19, 2016
and no 1 should have been " I will never cheat on you" grin

1 Like

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by blackjack21(m): 10:13am On May 19, 2016
lies everywhere!
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Nobody: 10:14am On May 19, 2016
Catholic Wedding Vows:

"I,lalasticlal ___, take you, lalasticlal___, for my lawful wife/husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part." "I, lala, take you,lala, to be my husband/wife."

I cant find where all these commitments are pronounced in my church undecided

1 Like

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by poshpappy(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2016
where is unapapadeycraze??

1 Like

Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by White007(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2016
undecided
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Speakdatruth: 10:17am On May 19, 2016
who dey promise des days?
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by macaranta(m): 10:17am On May 19, 2016
Okay
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by MadCow1: 10:18am On May 19, 2016
Mtcheeew
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:19am On May 19, 2016
undecided

I (lalasticla) promise U (Front page) to never impose snake related threads on U forever & ever

cool
Re: MARRIAGE: 4 Promises Guys Cannot Keep. by Jamean(f): 10:19am On May 19, 2016
Really? undecided

Who says these things, when you are not God. It's only God that can't disappoint.

I think what is essential is letting your partner know that you want your relationship to work and you will play your role as much as God empowers you to.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please Help, My First Son Is Behaving Somehow / Could My Wife Be Cheating? / Is It Disrespectful To Read Your Spouse's SMS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.