Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife (14682 Views)

Igbos Should Not Accept Any Medical Treatment From The Military - Ezeife / Restructuring Will Spell Doom For Nigeria - Wakili / Arresting Jonathan’ll Spell Doom For Buhari Government - IYC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by phenase(m): 5:10am On May 19, 2016
•It’s nonsensical to link Jonathan with Avengers –Clark

By Charles Adegbite, Godwin Tsa, Abuja and Femi Folaranmi, Yenagoa

Former governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife has warned the Federal Government that any attempt to crush Niger Delta militants may spell doom for the country.

Speaking with Daily Sun on the state of security in Nigeria, Ezeife urged President Muhammadu Buhari to engage militants and other aggrieved people from the South-South and South-East in dialogue.

He lamented that the security situation in Nigeria has collapsed despite the president’s efforts in combating Boko Haram in view of the actions of herdsmen in the South and the reawakening of the Niger Delta militants

“Buhari might have conquered Boko Haram but, the Niger Delta may spell doom for the country if the language the president is using is crush them.”
Last week, the Nigerian Army arrested several suspected members of a militant group called the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA), thought to be behind recent attacks on oil pipelines in the Niger Delta area.
Meanwhile, Ijaw leader and former Information minister, Chief Edwin Clark has condemned the new wave of attacks and destruction of critical oil and gas installations in the Niger Delta region and appealed to the NDA to sheathe their swords for peace to return in the region.

Clark, however, described the allegation that the NDA was formed by former president Goodluck Jonathan in a meeting he attended in January 2015 preparatory to the general elections, to make the country ungovernable for his successor, as absolutely untrue.
“It is nonsensical to imagine that Jonathan, who conceded defeat and congratulated President Buhari, even before the final result was announced, would make such a plan.”

In a statement in Abuja, Clark said the new wave of attacks and destruction of critical oil and gas installations in the Niger Delta and the attendant impact on the national economy were of great shock and concern to him.

Regardless, aggrieved Ijaw youths from the nine states of the Niger Delta region irked by the renewed hostilities in the region have called for the sack of the Chairman of the Amnesty Implementation Committee, Brigadier General Paul Boroh.

The angry youths accused Boroh of alleged incompetence and inability to organise a stop-gap measure against the rising cases of militant attacks on oil and gas pipelines in Delta and Bayelsa states.

According to the youths, under the aegis of the Concerned Niger Delta Peace Advocate (CNDP), Boroh’s sack was necessary since he could not use his office to organise intelligence-gathering among former militants registered under amnesty to unveil the identity of those behind the (NDA).

CNDP, in a protest march yesterday, in Yenagoa, noted that though Boroh may have served the nation meritoriously in the Nigerian Army, his knowledge of the Niger Delta region was faulty.

President and Secretary of the group, Joe Gbasa and Paul Sukari, respectively said the decision to call for the sack of Boroh was based on the confusion in the amnesty office.

http://sunnewsonline.com/crushing-niger-delta-militants-may-spell-doom-for-nigeria-ezeife/

1 Like

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by stzy(m): 5:14am On May 19, 2016
Ftc
Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by Nobody: 5:16am On May 19, 2016
Behold no man has revealed this to you,but the most high and let those who have ears hear.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by Nobody: 5:21am On May 19, 2016
those guys la hot.

2 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by madridguy(m): 5:24am On May 19, 2016
PMB: No terrorist group will ever hold Nigeria on ransom again. Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, if you think Nigeria Government should dialogue with lazy guys that are just after their selfish interest then you don't want progress for this Nation.

If the NDA want anything from the government, let them come forward but thinking they can hold Nigeria Government on their kneels is No No No. Nigeria Army is up to the task, they are dealing with Boko Haram so NDA are just children looking for awoof money to flex their lives.

Note: Before you quotes me, don't tell me NDA are more sophisticated than Boko Haram, because they're nothing but bunch of coward, they attack oil installations and run into their hiding, let them wait for the Nigeria Army if they have the balls.

Bunch of lazy saboteurs.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by Trunquejnr(m): 5:24am On May 19, 2016
If only he will listen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:27am On May 19, 2016
Buhari Is Ready To Crush Niger-Delta Militants/Avengers Blowing Up Pipelines, People That Are Fighting For A Just Course, But He Isn't Ready To Crush Lybians Herdsmen Killing, Raping & Maiming People. What Manner Of President That Pipelines Is More Important Than The Lives Of Those He Is Ruling??

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by naijacampu(m): 5:30am On May 19, 2016
I agree with Okwadike, Niger Delta people have every reason to be aggrieved. Go there and see for yourself if you disagree with me.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by madridguy(m): 5:41am On May 19, 2016
What is the course they're fighting for? So destroying government properties is the best solution? I only pity the innocent among them cos when the jungle is fully matured this boys will run into hiding and leave the innocent ones to suffer for their crime.

BeeBeeOoh:
Buhari Is Ready To Crush Niger-Delta Militants/Avengers Blowing Up Pipelines, People That Are Fighting For A Just Course, But He Isn't Ready To Crush Lybians Herdsmen Killing, Raping & Maiming People. What Manner Of President That Pipelines Is More Important Than The Lives Of Those He Is Ruling??

9 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by Sunnynwa: 5:43am On May 19, 2016
madridguy:
PMB: No terrorist group will ever hold Nigeria on ransom again. Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, if you think Nigeria Government should dialogue with lazy guys who are just after their selfish interest then you don't want progress for this Nation.

If the NDA want anything from the government, let them come forward but thinking they can hold Nigeria Government on their kneels is No No No. Nigeria Army is up to the task, they are dealing with Boko Haram so NDA are just children looking for awoof money to flex their lives.

Note: Before you quotes me, don't tell me NDA are more sophisticated than Boko Haram, because they're nothing but bunch of coward, they attack oil installations and run into their hiding, let them wait for the Nigeria Army if they have the balls.

Bunch of lazy saboteurs.

I hope you have already filled a form to join the Nigerian army. They are recruiting.

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by asorocker: 5:43am On May 19, 2016
Can the military crush the militants or do they mean crushing Niger delta as in killing the innocent.
My believe is that declaring a state of emergency in the Niger delta states will solve the problems but ignite a bigger problem because the crisis will go off shore and to neighboring states.

3 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by Sunnynwa: 5:44am On May 19, 2016
madridguy:
What is the course they're fighting for? So destroying government properties is the best solution? I only pity the innocent among them cos when the jungle is fully matured this boys will run into hiding and leave the innocent ones to suffer for their crime.

They have stated their demands, make Google your friend.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by knightsTempler: 5:44am On May 19, 2016
When a man is willing to give his life for a cause, that cause is authentic and cannot be bought, Nigeria has a date with the truth...it might be in a year, it might be in 5yrs or 10yrs, it might also be this year, you never can tell. But be rest assured that, that day will surely come.

Every good student of history like myself and other learned fellow knows that, power is transient and that tyranny and tyrants dont last forever.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by madridguy(m): 5:47am On May 19, 2016
I am always ready to serve my fatherland in any form. If you think this guy's are doing well, wait till Niger Delta turn to North-East and you will realize this guy's are your enemy.

Sunnynwa:

I hope you have already filled a form to join the Nigerian army. They are recruiting.

6 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by madridguy(m): 5:51am On May 19, 2016
Which the Federal Government has been responsive so far to their demand. Let them bomb the whole Pipeline in their region, Nigeria Government cannot attend to all their demands in a year.

Bitter truth.

Sunnynwa:

They have stated their demands, make Google your friend.

2 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:52am On May 19, 2016
madridguy:

your ilk makes me laugh out so loud, do you thing it takes a million people to blow up pipeline?? No worry ya sef bro, by the time these people crushes the economy to 0% & Buhari stops junketing around the globe, he'll understand that dialogue/diplomacy has been saving things since 1914. You can't pollute people's water & land and expect them to stay akimbo.

Please if u see Buhari don't forget to tell him that NDA isn't asking for much but, implementation of national CONFAB 2014 or resource control. #shalom

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by EasternLeopard: 5:53am On May 19, 2016
Unfortunately the substandard sophisticated ones will still keep deceiving Buhari

9 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by Splashme: 5:55am On May 19, 2016
[size=18pt]Buhari is an ethno-religious bigot[/size]

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by asorocker: 5:59am On May 19, 2016
madridguy:

This is the problem with Nigeria's military, they only kill mostly the innocent

2 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by madridguy(m): 6:06am On May 19, 2016
This is why we should always be mindful of our act so we won't invite their presence.

asorocker:

This is the problem with Nigeria's military, they only kill mostly the innocent

1 Like

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by madridguy(m): 6:10am On May 19, 2016
You mean bringing the economy to 0% will make Buhari stops traveling for official and relevance purposes? If I may ask, what part of the country are you from? I doubt you're from the Niger-delta

BeeBeeOoh:
your ilk makes me laugh out so loud, do you thing it takes a million people to blow up pipeline?? No worry ya sef bro, by the these people crushed economy to 0% & Buhari stops junketing around the globe, he'll understand that dialogue/diplomacy has been saving thing since 1914. You can't pollute people's water & land and expect them to stay akimbo.

Please if u see Buhari don't forget to tell him that NDA isn't asking for much but, implementation of national CONFAB 2014 or resource control. #shalom

3 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by Jirate(m): 6:11am On May 19, 2016
madridguy:
PMB: No terrorist group will ever hold Nigeria on ransom again. Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, if you think Nigeria Government should dialogue with lazy guys that are just after their selfish interest then you don't want progress for this Nation.

Bunch of lazy saboteurs.

But that is the Idea; They are not Cowards but Saboteurs. They are out to Sabotage the Country, and their Job is easy since the Pipe Lines runs across their community for several kilometers largely unguarded.
So think, instead of fighting them, give them the Job of Guarding the Pipe Line, Nigeria can afford it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by Sunnynwa: 6:13am On May 19, 2016
madridguy:
Which the Federal Government has been responsive so far to their demand. Let them bomb the whole Pipeline in their region, Nigeria Government cannot attend to all their demands in a year.

Bitter truth.

Which ones has the government attended to?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by raker300: 6:14am On May 19, 2016
That block head in aso rock thinks he can use tough guy swagger to solve everything like they did in the 90's. It's a shame people would believe the block head when he said he's changed..a 70 year old man change?

6 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by Sunnynwa: 6:14am On May 19, 2016
madridguy:
I am always ready to serve my fatherland in any form. If you think this guy's are doing well, wait till Niger Delta turn to North-East and you will realize this guy's are your enemy.

Why would ND turn to North East?

3 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by allthingsgood: 6:19am On May 19, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
your ilk makes me laugh out so loud, do you thing it takes a million people to blow up pipeline?? No worry ya sef bro, by the these people crushed economy to 0% & Buhari stops junketing around the globe, he'll understand that dialogue/diplomacy has been saving thing since 1914. You can't pollute people's water & land and expect them to stay akimbo.

And how does that translate to blowing up pipelines and destruction of property Stop supporting evil. Tomorrow u will cry fg did not give u light, fg did not give u fuel, fg did not clean ur bombom after pooing....rubbish!

7 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by chukslawrence(m): 6:19am On May 19, 2016
K
Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by allthingsgood: 6:21am On May 19, 2016
raker300:
That block head in aso rock thinks he can use tough guy swagger to solve everything like they did in the 90's. It's a shame people would believe the block head when he said he's changed..a 70 year old man change?

Block head thats smart enough to convince a whole nation. Yet u are only here hiding behinde fake profile to abuse him. I wonder which type of head u will have

7 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by butanep(m): 6:30am On May 19, 2016
Buhari can't carry Nigeria along. He is a tribalist. I am yet to hear crush the herdsman that kills thousands of lives daily.

Buhari wake up before you waste your four years fighting people instead of developing the economy.

OBJ tried it now but it didn't work. Let me see how you will. Proudly Ijaw guy.

7 Likes

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by Rapmoney(m): 6:32am On May 19, 2016
H

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by otukpo(f): 6:36am On May 19, 2016
Pls let the president take the peaceful route.
Re: Crushing Niger Delta Militants May Spell Doom For Nigeria –ezeife by TheNonce: 6:47am On May 19, 2016
grin

The only people who shall be doomed are the niger delta goats fronting as militants! And maybe old fools like this man who act as spokesmen for them due to the fact that they are silent supporters of such groups!

Naija pass dem!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Almajiris - Nigeria's Ticking Time Bomb / Presidency: Obi’s Camp Protests As PDP Dumps Zoning, Begins Screening Friday / Ondo APC Party Secretariat Locked Over Imposition Of Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.