Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

My Life As A School Boy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life As A School Boy (1145 Views)

The School Boy - Episode 1 / Life Of A Poor Secondary School Boy... / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life As A School Boy by berhdo: 6:31am On May 19, 2016
i just have the passion for writing but i know am not that good.if u think of correcting grammatical error/blunder u are highly welcome
All right Resevered:
This work belong to berhdo.As for copyright .......if u think u like any part of my write up you are free to share or post it some wherelse
Re: My Life As A School Boy by berhdo: 7:03am On May 19, 2016
It was a blazing hot day.however we boys seemed not to have noticed the fury of the sun. We were too carried away in our enthusiasm for the football match. We were all running round the length and breadth of the pitch,in all directions. Even though some of the players were already exhausted they tried as much as they could to conceal their fatigue,everyone of us,with a view of winning the attention of the spectators.
Re: My Life As A School Boy by berhdo: 11:46am On May 19, 2016
..,...continuation.....

The piece of land we were playing on was not an ideal one for the purpose,but inasmuch as we were contended with it we did not mind whether it was up to standard.After all,it serves as the one and only 'stadium' for the region,which comprised no fewer than twenty-five villages.
The sun's hostility notwithstanding,the field was besieged with many a head.There were roars of laughter and hilarious mockery among some of the spectators, but majority of them kept their eyes busy:watching with keen interest.
At the eastern part of the field was a man in his mid thirties,who held a folded newspaper to his mouth like the megaphone.He assumed the responsibility of a commentator.shouting at the top of his voice,he was running the commentary.'.....yes,yes,yes!that's smith!of course,smith the bull....He is with the ball ...okay,now on the move ...yrs,on the move ...bu-ut no-o! i mean yes!...oh no!....faith! ha! faith has just proved tough...he has gained the control of the ball ...of course of the game... Now he beats smith the bull...then to the left,he beats another ....i 'm not unaware that his immediate victim is charles,the rascal....He has again undone the mid fielder and he's about to disorganise the opponents defence!....and now,accurately,skillfully and in fact, effortlessly,he gets tunde,the main defender,off balance...and then beautiful,mighty and wonderful shot.. ..and it's a goal! it is a G-O-A-L! oh no!i it's over the bar! incredible! yes!unbelievable!!....what a painful miss!but ladies and gentle men, it's over the bar!
The spectator were amused with the commentary, and made fun of the amateur commentator.Despite the spectators'jokes,he continued in that manner,winking at their jests.
Ilowa,a village eleven kilometers from iregun and idominasi.,was the headquarters of all the villages and hamlets in obokun region .my team 'the irrepressible cheetahs of ilowa'and other team the invincible cougars of iregun are the one playing this particular afternoon,both teams having qualfied for the semi final stage of the competition .i (faith) had very much wanted my team to trounce our opponents, the invincible cougars of iregun ,who had been boasting they are still the champion .i t infuriated me to hear a boy from iregun opine that having beaten us by hat-trick the previous season they would certainly beat us silly to march to the final match and get the trophy that year.
Re: My Life As A School Boy by berhdo: 12:25pm On May 19, 2016
...,.....continuation..,.....
The first goal of the game was scored in the second minute of the first half by tope,a lanky boy from the invincible cougars of iregun.the goal could have been forestalled but owing to the carelessness of azeez,the main defender,and akinolu who was in goal, the ball managed to get right into the net after ricocheting off the crossbar,much to the astonishment of the spectators.the fans of invincible cougars of and all iregun villagers around immediately became excited,and were jubilating with and congratulating one another.
Barely five minutes later,i attempted to score an equalizer,and that was when the ball went over the bar. i was now sweating profusely. Then all of a sudden,mike, the most skillful freekick player of us all,gave a short pass to me at some ten yards from our opponent's goal.The commentator got excited again,and he shout ed at the top of his voice 'yes the ball is now again with faith. oh! yes! ... he beats ope, this time to the left......and then to the right... yes,now in the penalty box---yes,again,he beats tunde,and...and...and the goalie...and now a wonderful kick.finally,ladies and gentlemen,it is a GO-O-O-OAL!
Needless to say i was mad with excitement, and so were all the other players in my team and our supporters among the spectator. in no time,the bal was taken back to the centre of the pitch and the invincible cougars took a pass, for the game to continue.
Then unexpectedly and strangely enough,sade appeared and made straight to my pitch where my wing was.what was she looking for? sade is my immediate younger sister who hated all her siblings but joy,the eldest child of the family.ask sade why she hated her brothers,she would answer in her pointblank manners that she detested them,especially me,because of their 'foolish liking for football!Anybody that saw her that afternoon on the field would therefore need no prophet to prophesy that something queer had happened,was happening or was about to happen.
...to be continue.....
Re: My Life As A School Boy by berhdo: 1:17pm On May 19, 2016
pls comment nw kiss
Re: My Life As A School Boy by berhdo: 3:40pm On May 19, 2016
Faith!' she squealed hysterically. faith ,or are you deaf? won't you answer me on time? i that has been carried away in quest of scoring atleast a goal did not notice the presence of my sister let alone hear what she was saying.
Faith, she called out, will you listen to me? know it well that i told you that you are wanted by pastor.
hardly had i gathered what she said when she ran as fast as her limbs could carry her away from the vicinity of the football field.
This foolish brat iagain! i raged.'okay, just let me get hold of you,i will beat the hell out of that idiotic head of yours.
Since the first forty-five minute of the match had almost elapsed, substitution was made for me and i left the pitch .
I put on my shirt, which i had earlier taken off. I made for the mission compound which was at the far end of the church.
Paator ibikunle had just returned from one of his frequent visits to town. He went to town three timea,or at least,twice a week.Regarding pastor ibikunle as the village pastor was infact nothing but an undervaluation.He was the village postnan.That afternoon,he sat comfortably in his armchair , scanning through a magazine.'Good afternoon ,sir,'i greeted him.
'Oh,faith! he responded.'Goid afternoon.How are you?
'I'm fine, thank you,sir.' i replied quickly.
Take a pew! 'thank you sir,' i responded and made for a settee to right of pastor ibikunle.
'Hem,' said pastor ibikunle .i have a letter for you,' he announced.
Thank you,sir,' i expressed my gratitude as i received the letter with tremulous hands. I tore it open and glanced through. After reading it i nodded happily and passed it on to pastor, who had been watching me with interest all at this time.
'What's it?' he asked, belching.
'I've gained admission, sir,'i said. 'I have been admitted to saint mattew's college, in town!'
'Oh, that's great! congratulation my boy.more power to your elbow.'
' thank you,sir,'.
I got up bade pastor ibikunle farewell.i then made for the other part of the village where i resided with my parent.
i rushed all the way home to meet my dad sitting. I then began to shout at the top of my voice: 'dad, I've made it!Look! Just havea look!Oh....'
'But where are your manners?' My dad interpolated.'You couldn't even greet me!'
I immediately became quiet and remorseful, and in a rather formal way said politely:'Good evening,Dad.
' What have you got to say?my father demanded almost in anger.
'I've been admitted to saint mattew's college,' I said laying strong emphasis on every word.
'when are you resuming?' My dad asked.
' The second of september,according to the letter.'
'That's just one week ahead,'pointed out by my dad
'yes dad.Ok,before any other thing ,said my dad,go and inform your mother .
'Yes,dad! i left him and went in the direction of the kitchen from where i could hear my mother's voice
Re: My Life As A School Boy by berhdo: 5:27pm On May 19, 2016
....Chapter 2......
i had woken up as early as 4a.m. I took my birth and put on my best bib and tucker.The very thought that i would soon be wearing white-over-white as a college boy threw me ibto a fit of ecstasy.Like somebody who had just hit the jackpot,i kept on smiling to myself.In excitement i almost forgot to bid my parent farewell before i dashed out of the house and made for abe odan where i would join the first bus going to town that morning.
Presently,i got to abe odan. I looked around to see if any bus had arrived.Not until then did i realise i had been there too early.I grew unreasonably angry,i hissed and stamped my foot in anger.
'What goddam nonsense is this? These people have not come even at 5.12a.m.! You see,that's our problem :procrastination!The culprit behind our backwardness in africa.......'
About fifteen minutes later,the first bus for the day arrived. 'Atlast!' i said as i heaved a sigh of relief.I got into the bus and took a seat by the window
At 6a.m we started our journey.soon we get to the market where i would buy my new school uniform. I alighted from the bus as soon has it stop at the market gate,i made for the market and buy all what i needed in school.18minutes later i am back on my journey.
35minutes later,the bus stoped at the entrance of my new school. and i alighted from the bus looking the structure of the building ofmy new school.Several other pupils,old and new,passed by me ,everyone of them wearing the school uniform and carrying their bags and loads.
....to be continue.......
Re: My Life As A School Boy by berhdo: 7:12am On May 20, 2016
.......coninuation.......
it suddenly dawn on me that most people would easily guess i was from the country by the way i was lost in wonderment;i quickly checked myself.I dusted my sandals and replace my bowler.I looked towards the other side of the road and beckonedto a wheelbarrow pusher.With his arms akimbo,i inquired of the boy what he would charge for conveying my lugageto immaculate hall,my hostel.
'Fifty bucks,'he replied,to mean 'fifty naira', and without waiting for any other thing,hauled the luggage and balanced it on his wheelbarrow.
Some fifty-two meters from immaculate hall,we were abruptly stopped by a group of four senior students comprising three boys and a girl.
'Young man,' said one of the boys,'what's that you'er bringing into the college?Bomb?
I quickly replied him by 'I'm faith joshua,a new student here,and of course,the owner of the luggage.could you please show me the to immaculate hall?
'A born fool!' exclaimed the tallest boy among the senior students.'Am I a traveller's guide or what? Anyway, I'm sure you weren't talking to me. Timothy,the boy was asking you a question.I know you would kindly answer him.
'Oh, I see!'squealed the boy addressed as timothy.
'Young man,were you talking to me?'
'I can't understand this at all!' I cried out exasperatedly.But what do you all mean?My thought was that all of you would be friendly and approachable.I needed just simple aidwhich any of you could have given but it appears to me that none of you are willing to.....' I was called to sense by a slap.
'whom are you talking to like that?yelled the girl among them.
Re: My Life As A School Boy by berhdo: 4:31pm On May 20, 2016
pls make comment this is my first writing
Re: My Life As A School Boy by Preciousbouy(m): 11:44pm On May 21, 2016
grabs a sit...... not without my bucket of popcorn and my drum of kunu.........keep it blazing

(1) (Reply)

Friends Made Lovers - 18+ / Best Place To Read Stories Online - Trending Love Stories / OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt. 9 (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.