Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? (4414 Views)

Poll: Tribalistic?

Yes: 82% (62 votes)
No: 17% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Turai Yar'adua: A Silent But Influential First Lady / El-rufai - My Support For Yar'adua A Mistake / Yar'adua - A Curse In Disguise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by 2n2k(m): 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2009
mayrho:

@poster This report also says he was assistant to the former guy so ur idea of him being picked over and above others may not be true but based on the federal character principles he goofed.

The report doesnt say that he was an assistant to the former Comptroller General but rather he was an Assistant Comptroller General which is a rank like Major General in the army or Assistant Inspector General of police. There are many officers on that rank and they have many superior officers on the rank of Deputy Comptroller General. He was catapulted  over those and jumped that rank of Deputy Comptroller ala Nuhu Ribadu.
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by Bialegend(m): 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2009
Even when his kinsman has called him out on what Igbos already knew about and have been complaining since time immemorial, yet their lazy arrsss lickers are still doing what they knows best, that is defending them awusa/fulanis. Even some of the lazy ones are still undecided on what is crystal clear. When shall you Yorubas and other minorities rise up and condemn and stand up to this parasitic northerners? Shall the truth always come out from only the Igbos? Tomorrow, some of you imbeciles will come here to write that the problem about nigerians is about standing up and being bold to condemn things as this. HYPOCRITES.
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by IBIGIGA: 7:48pm On Aug 18, 2009
He is exercising his power as the dumbest president on earth afterall uncle Sege put him there.The Stock market lost 133billion or is it millions after sacking 5 Bank MDs.Watch it another round of bank distress is in the corner.They thought Soludo doesnt know economics.Lets pity all of us-Doomsday around
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by darmilorla(f): 7:50pm On Aug 18, 2009
ITS JUST SO PAINFULL, cry cry cry cry, I just hope one day Nigeria will change, but i doubt with all this stuffs happening,
am fucking tired of schooling in a white man's country, i want to come home, but dis home is not a place to go 2, but av got no choice, staying in a white man's country wont make urs in any way beta, we all need 2 come back home 2 make things get beta, i hope one day all this animals called leaders will pay for all the pains they've caused we Nigerians, Yaradua can do wat ever he likes now, i knw he'll b resting in the cementry soon, so oboy! enjoy while it lasts, KMT!
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by bimex8: 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2009
how else will you desribe a president that appointed the CBN governor,minister of finance<national security adviser,national planning minister,NNPC md,petroleum minister<agriculture minister etc rom the same stock.i rest my case
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by FARAMADE(m): 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2009
Lets not blame everything on tribalism, there may be other reasons why he made the choice but if indeed this individual isn't the best candidate for the job then God save Nigeria, Lets fight nepotism, that is the only way we can succeed, tribalism seems to suggest that everyone from the north or everyone from Katsina is favored yet we all know there is hunger in the North as much as in the South, the hunger that bites an Hausa Stomach is no different from the one that bite an Ibo stomach, the suffering of our people be it Yoruba or Hausa is the same regardless of their state of Origin. It is time we concentrate on what we have in common rather than focusing on what divide us.
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by md4real(m): 9:54pm On Aug 18, 2009
na wa for we nigerians! the guy man no get time for himself and for body is here worried about tribalism. pls let him take care of his sick health and our sick country, if he can.[color=#990000]
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by HIROSHI: 11:49pm On Aug 18, 2009
He is not exactly tribalistic, it just that he is too myopic to realise that there is a world outside Katsina and its environ.

Left to him his son can be the Youth Devt Minister and his maiguard can be the Defence Minister. It is not that he's being wicked, it is just that he does not know that there are other people in HIS WORLD.

Wait till you learn that his messengers in Katsina will soon be tagged as 'Special Assistants'. What is wrong with you people, don't you realise that the devil u know is safer than the angel u do not know? grin

In fact, the next set of Special Advisers will be from Jibia (in Katsina State) and neighbouring Niger Republic! grin grin grin
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by shoboy9: 1:00am On Aug 19, 2009
So? what if he is?
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by ucnduka(f): 4:42am On Aug 19, 2009
I think his problem is beyond tribalism;he has a huge problem wit making gud decisions or is his condition a case of COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON?
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by jamace(m): 7:15am On Aug 19, 2009
I think the former kaduna state gover was just disappointed because his prefrence was not choosen.

hornestly,all Nigerian leaders have trates of nepotism but umar's case is to obvious.

Please tell us the preference of the former gov of Kaduna State. Waiting.
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by stancozy(m): 8:17am On Aug 19, 2009
Who we have as a President is not man enough for this kind of country, the man is simply a push-I-follow dundy jare angry
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by MrKelly: 9:16am On Aug 19, 2009
kumaino:

When i look at the entity called NIGERIA I weep.why?because when I look at the abundance of natural and human resources, we are suppose to be among the industrialised nations. Human resources alone is enough for us to be a rich nation. When I came to England 5years ago to further my studies due to circumstances caused by the polity (I will narrate that in a short while) the first thing I observed is the orderliness. you cant jump the queue, there is nothing like "na my uncle get the company so I go get the job" police should stop you for the smallest mistake when driving & u begin to patronise  etc etc. if you’re on the phone nobody needs to tell u to lower ur voice because the look on their faces will tell u to shut the trap(but the Yoruba’s will increase the temple whether u dey look am or not).and what do u think makes them to be in order? MENTALITY. pls someone should tell Dora Akuliyi to re-brand our mentality first.In uk,it's the human resources that is keeping them. They don’t joke wit their tax.every other tin except the air we breathe is paid for. To watch my own T.V needs a license. What the hell! But wen I take a look at their development & infrastructure, I remain still. Everything is accounted for. If only we have such honesty!!!! NIGERIA was forced into marriage by one guy dey call LORD LUGGARD.his wife den gave us a name to beautify the wedding. We are a nation inside nations of more than 250 ethnic tribe + more dan 500 dialect. for we to manage the wedding to avoid break-up, we shud change the constitution to CON-FEDERAL CONSTITUTION which one Hausa man never knew the meaning even though na head of state in ABURI CONFERENCE way back in 1967 before signing the agreement with uncle ojwuku aka Biafra.(I beg nor talk say na me tell u o) niaja was a rich nation before the discovery of oil so wat is the problem?because the northerns never gave the oyinbo people wahala during colonisation they actually sold our birth right to them as a reward for being gentle and mumuish.There is no where in the entire world dat is corruption-free. when the scandal of excess-gate broke out in uk house of parliament where the mps were claiming money for abstract properties, I applaud them because if dey "chop" 10quid out of 100quid its ok or wat do u think? like my friend would say, "THE BLACK RACE IS CURSED" if not show me any black African nation u can be proud of.I finished my mandatory 5yr law degree at AAU Ekpoma in year 2000 but could not get a law school form to proceed to law school because of shortage of forms and over population (finish with 2:2) .my juniors that had upper hand obtained the form. In 2002 “they” told us to go for youth service that it will be available by the time I finish .after I finish my youth service same story, was travelling ekpoma/abuja road as if it was a 30mins journey every week.i counted so many accident with corpse on the road but God saw me through. 2004 I applied for u.k student visa, I was going to purchase my ticket wit my visa on my hand wen news came that the form was now available. It was now a choice, either I drop the visa and pick my law school form or vice vasa.Thank God I didn't drop the visa. You need to see naijas constituting nuisances all in the name of PAPER and love for money. If any naija man residing in UK is reading this, only failures look for PAPER and yahooyahoo money. Am married now with a child if you are thinking I married oyibo sorry I brought my girl from naija and today I look back and give God the glory. “The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, but time and chance happens to them all”. In other words its divine FAVOUR.
if we can change our mindset and mentality, the NIGERIAN STATE can be among the G8 nations. I rest my case.

@Komaino the Londoner.

Two simple questions for you, If your black village is cursed, why did you go ahead to marry your black cursed wife?
Dont you think a marriage between a cursed man and a cursed wife will produce 200% of cursed children?
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by desgiezd(m): 9:20am On Aug 19, 2009
I think the former kaduna state gover was just disappointed because his prefrence was not choosen.

That means you don't know the former governor well enough.
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by mogentle(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2009
@Becomrich,u have come again with this your stale merger talk. NIGERIA _BENIN merger.,.,.,,.,HIGHLY IMPOSICANT.
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by chei: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2009
yaradull
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by Nezan(m): 11:25am On Aug 19, 2009
wait n see
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by muhsin(m): 11:48am On Aug 19, 2009
The former governor was just furious because his endorsed choice wasn't chosen.

Too unlucky.

LOL grin
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by ayobase(m): 12:09pm On Aug 19, 2009
atleast, he aint running it as
a family  business.

Let him do comot abeg!
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by enet1(m): 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2009
PERSONALLY,4 ME,I BELIEVE YAR"ADUA IS A TRIBALISTIC PRESIDENT WHO WANT TO TURN DIS NATION TO A NORTHERN AND IF POSSIBLE,AN ISLAMIC COUNTRY.WHY IS HE APPOINTING NORTHERNERS 2 MOST OF D KEY AND SENSITIVE POSITION IN DIS COUNTRY,EVEN WHEN THOSE POSITION WERE FORMERLY OCCUPIED BY SOUTHERNERS.EXAMPLE IS NNPC CHAIRMAN.
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by dfanthom(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2009
do you need an oracle to tell you? this yar'aslug is something else.

it is pertinent to note that this appointment has the odour of Turai all over it. usure u'all feel the same too!!
shocked
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by mayrho(m): 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2009
@2n2k my bad thanks for educating me
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by saintade01(m): 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2009
Tribalistic ? No! Its PDPlistic cool
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by olasboy: 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2009
Yar'Dull is a sad story
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by rethink: 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2009
If all the officials are IGBO and can do the work i dont care. If they are cow Chasing and no shoe wearing mallamic fulanis i dont care. They could all be amala eating "plenty stew" Yoruba Yoruba Speaking facial mark redesigned yoruba man i dont care.

Can they do the Job?
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by stineb1: 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2009
Fellow Nigerians it is now glaring that Mr President is a tribalist, if i may be permitted to use that word. He thinks he can so mis use his veto power to oppress a Federation like Nigeria? when even half point of his 7 point agenda has not been felt, but is still cooking in the pipeline.I wonder when it will be ready for consumption with less than 2 years Left for him to exit. Ill advice us to be wise in choosing our ship captain in 2011. I shed tears for our dear country cry
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by nagoma(m): 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
Kumaino

Sorry they didnt educate you well at ekpoma and even at the Oyinboland you suffered so much to creep into. 1.There was no Hausa head of state at ABURI 2. you dont have a clue what the history of the British conquest and rule in Nigeria was you would have known who fought the Brits, Please enroll for JAMB (distant) learning and read about the British wars with the Sooto Caliphate. You can find the exchange of letters between Sultan Attahirru of Sokoto and the British from 1895 to 1904 .and read about all the battles. Could you clever people write letters in 1895? AS you are managing in UK just get an off peak underground ticket (if you can afford it and go to Euston Square - when you come out go on to School of Oriental and African Study and sit in the Library and read someting about yoour country - Nigeria. You will know who in Nigeria was organized enough to offer resistance to the Brits and who didnt have any organized systems at all.
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by RibaduFan(m): 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If all the officials are IGBO and can do the work i dont care. If they are cow Chasing and no shoe wearing mallamic fulanis i dont care. They could all be amala eating "plenty stew" Yoruba Yoruba Speaking facial mark redesigned yoruba man i dont care.

Can they do the Job? [/quote

Hmmm,

Height of ethnocentricism
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by nagoma(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2009
Yes of course YarAdua is tribalistic , seee how he ordered the killing of northerners in Bauchi and Maiduguri - extra judicial mass killing and evacuation and arrest of a peaceful community Darul Islam in Niger state, but he is dining and wining with the violent gun carrying , kidnappers and killers - the Niger Delta Millitants because they are his tribe he is even giving them money for the crimes they committed sad - of course he is tribalistic.
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by jamace(m): 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2009
The former governor was just furious because his endorsed choice wasn't chosen.

Too unlucky.

LOL

I think the former gov is an exception. I f you doubt my stance, kindly name his endorsed choice.
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by olasboy: 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2009
The last time I checked, we've got no president!
Re: Is Yar'adua A Tribalistic President? by mechris: 1:19am On Aug 20, 2009
we are watching , he is showing signs of it though, hope he realizes that he is not on a vandetta mission against the rest of the country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Nigerians Obsessed With Bad/evil News? / Do Women Make Better Politicians Than Men? / Why We Need An Osinbanjo In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.