Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,192 members, 7,953,690 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

A Meal Guide For Road Trips - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Meal Guide For Road Trips (661 Views)

British Airways Rejects Credit Card Payment For Trips To Nigeria, Due To Fraud / Christmas And Road Trips / All The Things We Love About Long Road Trips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Meal Guide For Road Trips by Jovago: 11:57am On May 19, 2016

An exciting part of a road trip for me are the goodies I get to buy and munch along the journey while enjoying the view of the dancing trees, scenic views, skies and sun that seems to be following me.

A road trip can be stressful or exciting – if you are an enthusiast. And exciting and promising road trip can end up being a disaster because one needs to frequent the rest room to empty their bowels every now and then.

To avoid stopping often on the road in search of a convenience to use, the best option (from experience) is usually to stick with light meals that will not get one easily constipated. For this reason, I have designed a perfect meal guide for you – it works great for me, especially when I had to journey to and fro Lagos and Calabar during my NYSC scheme.

I go with Snacks

Most people often confuse snacks with junks. There are healthy snacks that do not harm the body and play as much role as a regular meal, just that they may be less filling. Below is a list of some snacks you should consider – some are regular snacks you would find in small chops.

Scotch egg
Meat Pie
Chin Chin
Puff Puff
Donuts
Buns
Fish rolls
Egg rolls
Popcorn
Cookies
Chips –Plantain, Potatoes or yam.

I love Fruits:

Fruits are highly nutritious – not to sound like a cliché. Asides their nutritious value, they also help one feel more comfortable and less stressed maybe because of the specific nutrients they provide or the steady, reliable source of energy they give. You can make a fruit salad out of the listed fruits below. Fruits you should go for are:

Grape seed
Berries
Apples
Bananas
Carrots

I stay hydrated with Drinks:

You need to keep yourself hydrated, and there is a high chance you will need a drink to control your body temperature and cool off. Sticking with natural fruit drinks is the best option, taking too much of sweetened drinks may make your stomach ache. You should go for drinks like:

Lemonade
Natural Fruit Juice – no additives or colorant.
You can never go wrong with water.
An added tip is – try not to take too much water, so you do not have to pee too often.

Also note that there may be snacks, fruits or drinks listed above you have tried and got you constipated, it is best to stay away from them. Cross out meals constipate you from the list of what on eat of the road and do not also take them a night/day before your trip – no matter how tempting.

What type of meals do you prefer to have on road trips?

For me it’s Banana, Chips and water!
Re: A Meal Guide For Road Trips by chukxie(m): 2:18am On May 20, 2016
Meat or chicken pies, bananas with peanuts and water do it for me.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Louisiana (shreveport) USA / Can I Use My Mobile Phone On Airplane / Breaking News: Another Fire Engulfs Lagos International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.