Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k (1993 Views)

Done / My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways / Uk Visa Bank Statement Wahala! In Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by snokky(m): 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2009
Hello NLanders,

This pathetic story happened to my best friend last year.

He met this guy in Lagos and the guy promised he will process his visa to the US. Having showed him[my friend] about 3 other visas, German, Uk and US, he quickly fall for the plot and handed over his passport to the guy.

The guy told him he has a link with one of the Governors in the south south and they use that link to get US visa for pple. He told my friend that his application will be prepared and he will be called to the embassy to put in his finger print and that will be all.

The guy then asked of 250k advance payment which my friend paid to his bank account installmetnally. He told no one about this, maybe we would have advise him otherwise.

About 6 weeks later, he said the man called him and said he shld come to Lagos for the finger print stuff. On getting to Lagos, the guy formed another lie and told my friend that he doesnt need to appear in the embassy again as his name as been taking as an aids to the governor so, all he needs to do is to get some money ready for ticket and then the balance. so he came back rejoicing, 3 days later the man called him and said his visa is ready.

The guy gave him a photocopy of the fake visa and said his passport will be given unto him once he made the full payment. As soon as my friend made full payment to his bank, he try to call the man to have his passport back, and lo and behold , the line was switched off for several weeks. My friend is just getting back from his suck now and he then called the man for his passport at least to have the passport back. He man picked the caled and told him that he was a mugu.

The scammer said he is sorry and that he will give him his passort back but he will need to pay 2,000naira back into an account which he will give to him tomorrow, then he will call him to go and pick it somewhere he will describe to him.

I was sad to know all this cos av not been around. How can you guys think we can get this guy?.

During the process, he was communicating with the guy and his messanger and the 2 fone numbers is still working as at now.

How do u think we can get this man? Do u think my friend shld pay 2k naira to get his passport back? knowing fully well that a fake oluwole visa has been sticked to one of the pages? he if get it back can he properly remove the sticker and still use it to apply in any embassy? Right now he needs the passport urgently, he got a job and they want to train him abroad with other 2 people.

Or do u think we shld just forget it and ask him to go and get another passport? plz dont forget that it was a new e-passport. I called the immigration and they said re-issue of e-passport can only be done in Abuja. Does anyone know how long it will take n cost to get a new e-passoprt re-issued in abuja and is there any contact number we can call asap. Its either he produce his passport on Friday or he misses the opportunity.

Plz my fellow naija what do u think i shld advise him?

Thanks very much.
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2009
Try and get another e-passport re-issued as soon as possible with the same details on the previous one.

Don't waste your time with this man,

Peace
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by symbian03(m): 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2009
What is your friend still waiting for? Tell him to go and get his passport re-issued. As per the scammers, we still have many of them here in nairaland. So ya'll be careful,
Cheers
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by Busybody2(f): 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2009
Hmmn, this is sad to say the least, best bet is to get another passport as already been advised.
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by snokky(m): 8:11am On Aug 19, 2009
Thanks very much every1.

God bless u all.
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by adexchamp(m): 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2009
To be fore-warned is to be fore-armed, LOL
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by truphie(f): 9:22pm On Aug 19, 2009
Nothing good comes easy. easy come, easy go.

The deal was too good and your friend thought once.

Oh well,he should just apply for a new passport.
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by snokky(m): 10:38pm On Aug 19, 2009
Thanks to every1,

He will be there for a new passport tomorrow, do u guys know anyone in Immigration abuja that can help speed up the process?

Thank you all.
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by mrsqueen: 5:07am On Aug 21, 2009
You always like speed, Probably the same reason why you got scammed.

Why not take it easy,

angry
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2009
mrsqueen:

You always like speed, Probably the same reason why you got scammed.

Why not take it easy,

angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by dinggle: 1:25pm On Aug 21, 2009
@Snokky, i tot it happened to ur best friend, sounds like that ur best friend is YOU.
Any way sorry to hear that. First go and get another passport at abuja, because if u pay N2,000k to that thief he will still demand more money. When you are done, proceed to report to EFCC and the police the guy can be caught he is not invincible especially since he still uses those phones, the police usually work with the bank and communication firm to pin-point his phone location by using their service antenna. So all isn't lost. That guy was cold, for him to tell u, "you are a mugu" after stealing so much from you, for me thats a "double kill".

A lesson for all, if you meet someone who tells you he can fix a visa for you to USA, Europe, Canada, Asia Aussy ask yourself why he hasn't gone if he really can??, and then throw that question to the guy, ask him how long he has been fixing visa for people? if he has gone before? if he did why he come back ? if not why couldnt he do it for him self some 419ers will give some bullshit story that their bro or sis are there, so they dont need to be there or they are doing fine in Nigeria, dont buy that! if you dont get a satisfactory answer hit the highway.

Above all, always apply the common sense rule!!! that's the best way to detect a 419er. 419ers apply complicated senses to tell all their lies and over look the common senses, because they think as a mugu, that person is completely out of common sense.

MUGU = "NO COMMON SENSE"

Each time u paid into the guy's account, i m sure he was alway chating with himself like " i never go America na you wan go" or "if i fit do am i go leave my own come do your own"
Try to find as much information from the guy and google it. Like when he told u about the governor aid issue, ask him which particular governor (governor's name) and the month they are making the trip and what state they are visiting in the USA, purpose of the trip, then google it, google will pull out the information from the governor's pc if it exist with their hotel details!!! if it has been used to scam someone else google will pull it out and then when u read it, u will recognise that pattern he is using as same as the one on google.

Second common sense rule was when he said u dont need a finger print, All advance countries require proper documentation of any alien. The U.S.A dont play with finger print even if you are dieing your finger print must be taken no amount of protocol can exclude you as long as you require the visa.

3rd common sense rule always share informations with friends and family so that you can be advised, you never know they must have gone through a similar experience that they could have saved you. The element of suprise is what 419ers count on, they knew you would wanna suprise ur friends and family and for that reason you kept quiet.

4th common sense rule - Before you proceed to paying out a kobo inform the guy that for your security you need to take a full picture of him front facial view and side facial view and also you need all his finger prints, height and weight measurement tell him that the purpose is so that if it ends up been a scam you will take it to the police and put it on the newspaper. If the guy is a fake he will tell you ok and give you a date for the pics to be taken but you will never see him again. Or he might get angry and say "all this trouble for me to help you get USA visa, if you dont want the visa leave it" well tell him he aint helping you because you are paying through ur nose. Some guys will say you dont have to pay anything until the visa is out, dont buy it, as long as you are giving out your passport have their pics taken at a photo shop or with a photo camera dont use ur cell phone because you want a clear pic that you can print out when the time comes. This rule does not only apply to visa issue, it applies to any time of business that requires financial exchange, business, contract, sale of a specific item u think might be stolen etc
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
@dinggle,

[size=13pt]SATISFACTORY!![/size]

You said it all,

Person wey get ear make him hear now oooo
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by iwefactria: 2:11pm On Aug 21, 2009
snokky:

Hello NLanders,

This pathetic story happened to my best friend last year.

He met this guy in Lagos and the guy promised he will process his visa to the US. Having showed him[my friend] about 3 other visas, German, Uk and US, he quickly fall for the plot and handed over his passport to the guy.

The guy told him he has a link with one of the Governors in the south south and they use that link to get US visa for pple. He told my friend that his application will be prepared and he will be called to the embassy to put in his finger print and that will be all.

The guy then asked of 250k advance [b]payment which my friend paid to his bank account [/b]installmetnally. He told no one about this, maybe we would have advise him otherwise.

About 6 weeks later, he said the man called him and said he shld come to Lagos for the finger print stuff. On getting to Lagos, the guy formed another lie and told my friend that he doesnt need to appear in the embassy again as his name as been taking as an aids to the governor so, all he needs to do is to get some money ready for ticket and then the balance. so he came back rejoicing, 3 days later the man called him and said his visa is ready.

The guy gave him a photocopy of the fake visa and said his passport will be given unto him once he made the full payment. As soon as my friend made full payment to his bank, he try to call the man to have his passport back, and lo and behold , the line was switched off for several weeks. My friend is just getting back from his suck now and he then called the man for his passport at least to have the passport back. He man picked the caled and told him that he was a mugu.

The scammer said he is sorry and that he will give him his passort back but he will need to pay 2,000naira back into an account which he will give to him tomorrow, then he will call him to go and pick it somewhere he will describe to him.

I was sad to know all this cos av not been around. How can you guys think we can get this guy?.

During the process, he was communicating with the guy and his messanger and the 2 fone numbers is still working as at now.

How do u think we can get this man? Do u think my friend shld pay 2k naira to get his passport back? knowing fully well that a fake oluwole visa has been sticked to one of the pages? he if get it back can he properly remove the sticker and still use it to apply in any embassy? Right now he needs the passport urgently, he got a job and they want to train him abroad with other 2 people.

Or do u think we shld just forget it and ask him to go and get another passport? plz dont forget that it was a new e-passport. I called the immigration and they said re-issue of e-passport can only be done in Abuja. Does anyone know how long it will take n cost to get a new e-passoprt re-issued in abuja and is there any contact number we can call asap. Its either he produce his passport on Friday or he misses the opportunity.

Plz my fellow naija what do u think i shld advise him?

Thanks very much.

I agree with other nairalanders that said u should apply for another passport so the guy can meet up with the training stuff but if he( ur friend) actually made the payment to his bank account( the scammer) i don't think it should be very hard to locate the guy.just my view
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 21, 2009
so pple still fall for passport and visa scam?
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by dinggle: 7:03pm On Aug 21, 2009
@OMO IBO
Visa scam is the number one scam a Nigerian can be vunerable to, it is easier to scam a Nigerian with visa than any other scam, Just go to any embassy in Nigeria. They rush foreign embassies as if there is war in Nigeria and you see them panting at the gate, and saying their last prayers before they go in for the interview. Some people even put juju in their pocket while other rub juju powder grin so when the visa officer sees the person the officer will be happy. These things dont work but for Nigerians to go that low tells you how bad the situation is at home.

Go to Ghana Motor Park in Lagos u will mistake the season for xmas and also mistake the location for the east!!! It is that bad. The federal govt need to check themselves and find out why Nigerians feel there isnt any hope left for them.
Re: Visa Wahala: He Duped Him Of Over 500k by ayomidej(f): 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2009
sorry ooo, there is alot of scammers out there.

(1) (Reply)

=N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) / Schengen Student Visa Enquiries / I Need Info On Kuwait And Quatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.