Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? (5288 Views)

Own One Acre Of Plantain Farm With Just 350k / Cost Analysis And Returns Of Plantain Plantation On One Acre Of Land / 60,000 Naira Per Acre Of Land For Sale In Owode-ogbomosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Pavore9: 3:27pm On May 19, 2016
I was involved in a project that focused on attitudinal change towards agriculture and we got to ask people if they had access to one acre of land, how would they engage it agriculturally and reason(s) for the choice. It was indeed insightful.

Bringing it back home to Nigeria, if you have access to one acre of land, what will you do with it agriculturally ?
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Blurry: 3:46pm On May 19, 2016
Depends on the proximity of the said land to anything urban or some road that leads to the city. If its close I did plant vegetables with season not exceeding a few months and of course hoping that i don't get raided.
If its abit far from the city or human habitation, i may as well start some poultry business or better still get some machines that will help other farmers conserve their products or turn their produce into some finished products. My location determines my choice ultimately.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by NextDayPn: 3:46pm On May 19, 2016
With about 100k with it, I can start to make 10k everyday after 3 months all year round, rain or no rain. This is no hoax, I have an agric business I have developed, sadly I do not have the land and fund to start.
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Blurry: 3:50pm On May 19, 2016
NextDayPn:
With about 100k with it, I can start to make 10k everyday after 3 months all year round, rain or no rain. This is no hoax, I have an agric business I have developed, sadly I do not have the land and fund to start.

Actually, you can get a land if you are really keen.
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Oluwapresley(m): 3:57pm On May 19, 2016
Blurry:
Depends on the proximity of the said land to anything urban or some road that leads to the city. If its close I did plant vegetables with season not exceeding a few months and of course hoping that i don't get raided.
If its abit far from the city or human habitation, i may as well start some poultry business or better still get some machines that will help other farmers conserve their products or turn their produce into some finished products. My location determines my choice ultimately.

to use the whole 1 acre of land for poultry would be cost intensive oo.. it means Ur looking at a construction that would cover the whole 1 acre of land.. hmm.. asides construction, Ur also looking at stocking with birds that can contain that capacity.. poultry infrastructure and the rest that would be used also for that amount of birds..
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Oluwapresley(m): 4:01pm On May 19, 2016
I think what I will do with such land if I'm not given cash grant or loan or any means of financing it is to engage in mixed cropping that will require the least possible cost.. engage in mixed cropping with crops like maize, plantain, vegetables, cassava.... these crops require little cash and they yield reasonable profits.. engage in them until I can diversify to mixed farming.. thereby including other aspects like poultry..

to get plantain suckers, cassava stems, vegetable seeds etc are relatively easy and these crops mature in time.. in less than 2 years, u woulda harvested at least 5 times with some of them
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by NextDayPn: 4:53pm On May 19, 2016
Blurry:

Actually, you can get a land if you are really keen.

Bro, I'm more than keen, just that I don't have the land and fund to do what I very much love to do. I would not mind a little help, or partnership, that 100k doenst even need to pass through me, plus I'm ready to be in the farm on a permanent basis. Its an idea I have been sitting on for sometime, like I said, I'm handicapped.
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by toppiyano(f): 5:03pm On May 19, 2016
My one arce in ogun state I used part for poultry, dug 2 giant earthen pond for fishery and I just finished building my pen 4 piggery and still grow vegetables dou in small scale for market woman to buy and grow most consumables from pepper to yam etc for home consumption

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Pavore9: 5:36pm On May 19, 2016
toppiyano:
My one arce in ogun state I used part for poultry, dug 2 giant earthen pond for fishery and I just finished building my pen 4 piggery and still grow vegetables dou in small scale for market woman to buy and grow most consumables from pepper to yam etc for home consumption

I am just imagining what your farm looks like!

1 Like

Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by INFOTECH2: 6:26pm On May 19, 2016
toppiyano:

This is the best Practical answer yet. Well, I would go into vegetable farming after securing water supply.

Vegetables such as Ugu, water leaf etc and cucumber. Turn them over for two seasons and expand by getting more land and start looking at the export market.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by olaide68(m): 6:48pm On May 19, 2016
I am a Plantain farmer, I will definitely imvest in Plantain production.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by olaide68(m): 6:51pm On May 19, 2016
NextDayPn:
[color=#000000][/color]God will provide for you to actualize your dream farm
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by NextDayPn: 7:02pm On May 19, 2016
God will provide for you to actualize your dream farm [/quote]

Thank you bro, may God be with you too
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by noblefarm: 7:51pm On May 19, 2016
NextDayPn:

I have land and the 100k u need. If u can relocate to kwara and ready to leave in the farm then we good to go. And for all looking for land I have over 200 plots of land for farming.
The land is in a village in kwara state, no light and no water. Tho will put borehole but that's wen am sure ill see ppl that have ideas and that is ready to work.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Ajusshi: 8:19pm On May 19, 2016
I have the land, but i don't have water.
They are telling to cough out 4million naira for a borehole embarassed
I neva rich reach like that, and i can't depend on natural rainfall for farming (it's archaic and uninspiring)
When i have access to water, i will go into full-time vege farming.
For now, i am doing only corn and cassava.

Oga Pavore9, shebi my post don epp yu?
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by NextDayPn: 8:58am On May 20, 2016
Ajusshi:

Oga, na wo yur land and 100k don epp?
e tell yu sa e wan go leave for bush ni?
Yu wked smal.
Go chop ur 100k
grin grin grin

I understand how you feel about this, I take it that you want the best for me, thank you. You will do me a lot of good if you can leave the argument as it is. Thank you again sir. God bless your efforts.
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by NextDayPn: 9:18am On May 20, 2016
noblefarm:

I have land and the 100k u need. If u can relocate to kwara and ready to leave in the farm then we good to go. And for all looking for land I have over 200 plots of land for farming.
The land is in a village in kwara state, no light and no water. Tho will put borehole but that's wen am sure ill see ppl that have ideas and that is ready to work.

Oga I DO NOT MIND KWARA OR THE VILLAGE AT ALL. I rather stay in the village and make my money than stay in the city and continue to struggle. The only issue here is borehole instead of natural water, because I have other things to do with the water that I believe anyone will love. My plan is to go completely GREEN. With natural water around, it would not take long before my oga start building his/her own house in the farm for weekend stay if not permanent stay. Sir, to me the only particular thing that makes a city a city is electricity, other things follow. I have this covered, its my hope that it will interest you. But if we have to start with a borehole, so be it, we can always get another farmland with a river or stream later, that may even be closer to you than you know. I want to thank everyone who have contributed. God bless you all.
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by AIG07: 10:06am On May 20, 2016
NextDayPn:

Oga I DO NOT MIND KWARA OR THE VILLAGE AT ALL. I rather stay in the village and make my money than stay in the city and continue to struggle. The only issue here is borehole instead of natural water, because I have other things to do with the water that I believe anyone will love. My plan is to go completely GREEN. With natural water around, it would not take long before my oga start building his/her own house in the farm for weekend stay if not permanent stay. Sir, to me the only particular thing that makes a city a city is electricity, other things follow. I have this covered, its my hope that it will interest you. But if we have to start with a borehole, so be it, we can always get another farmland with a river or stream later, that may even be closer to you than you know. I want to thank everyone who have contributed. God bless you all.
which part of kwara(if possible can we know the exact town/village/hamlet) he is talking about.
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by noblefarm: 10:27am On May 20, 2016
NextDayPn:

Good u understand. Farming is not done in d city but in d village. I deliberately ignore d fellow that called me wicked because I know he is ignorant. Back to business, I have other land by small stream but it's a waterlog area, that's where I have my fish farm. The available space there is not more than 2 plots. If the 2 plots will be okay for the project then no problem. I mentioned the other place because that's where I have enough land for any type of farm project one can thing of.

1 Like

Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by Ajusshi: 10:31am On May 20, 2016
NextDayPn:

I understand how you feel about this, I take it that you want the best for me, thank you. You will do me a lot of good if you can leave the argument as it is. Thank you again sir. God bless your efforts.

I don't want anything for you. undecided
I was just having fun.
You decide the best for yourself.
Just scroll over and find whatever you like. sad
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by noblefarm: 10:33am On May 20, 2016
AIG07:

which part of kwara(if possible can we know the exact town/village/hamlet) he is talking about.

If u know kwara very well the land is in onisapa village, moro LGA, ilorin. Just 20 minis drive from ilorin metropolis
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by ijames: 11:00am On May 20, 2016
I have a land with all the machine needed to process feeds for pigs as well as 4 pig pens water access to bore hole and wharehouse and generator.
But my greatest challenge is funding the production of this animals.
Any help?
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by noblefarm: 11:01am On May 20, 2016
About going green and stream water. I think borehole can do anything stream water can do, I stand to be corrected. Delfarm in igbariam anambra state is a developing farm in partnership with shongai farm, I was there, they strive on borehole despite been a large farm with varieties of crops and trees.
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by baba11(m): 11:20am On May 20, 2016
I'll use it to do poultry and vegetational farms cool
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by miqos02(m): 11:21am On May 20, 2016
toppiyano:
wow
Re: If You Have Access To One Acre Of Land, What Will You Do With It? by NextDayPn: 12:13pm On May 20, 2016
noblefarm:
About going green and stream water. I think borehole can do anything stream water can do, I stand to be corrected. Delfarm in igbariam anambra state is a developing farm in partnership with shongai farm, I was there, they strive on borehole despite been a large farm with varieties of crops and trees.

You're right about borehole with green energy setup, I'm only being cautious about the cost so start up can be easy. Your 2 plots beside your pond is VERY useful also. I'm ready anytime you are sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Green Nation Nigeria Agriculture Business Opportunity / Growing Spinach / How I Made My First Million... Are You Struggling Like Me, Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.