Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,323 members, 7,836,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

What's Wrong With Nigerian Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Wrong With Nigerian Football (913 Views)

5 Things I'm Tired Of Hearing Nigerian Football Fans Say / Iheanacho, Ezeh, Obasi And Baba With Nigerian U13 In 2010 (Pic) / Globacom Premier League: The Nigerian Football League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With Nigerian Football by sammietos(m): 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2006
It started with us not qualifying for the worldcup. We thought Galadima was the problem we sent him away but still we cannot organise ourselves.
We can't organise friendly games. Our league is in shambles and lots more. What is the solution.
Re: What's Wrong With Nigerian Football by mukina2: 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2006
corruption
Re: What's Wrong With Nigerian Football by sammietos(m): 2:22pm On Nov 21, 2006
Yeah thats just it and i dont think our football can ever move forward cuz we have the same set of people everytime.
A country that cannot hire a coach. A country where we beg coaches to come.
Re: What's Wrong With Nigerian Football by twinstaiye(m): 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2006
I think we need a foreign Management just like we need a foreign technical adviser. We will need Foreign Sports Minister, Foreign NFA Chairman and Board members. That is on the lighter mood, but on a serious note, I think FIFA needs to set up a governing committee to revive our football for the next ten years. Call it colonization of our football, you are not astray, for God's sake that is the only thing that is uniting this country, and yet it is being politicised, corrupted and bastardized.
The only way out is for our football to be under the FIFA management for the next 10 years, and I want to state this with all seriousness that perhaps someone should start coordinating some signatures of nigerians that are in support of this and forward same to FIFA.
Re: What's Wrong With Nigerian Football by sammietos(m): 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2006
Yeah i think thats exactly what we need and get rid of all these politicians claiming to be sport administrators.
Re: What's Wrong With Nigerian Football by justkunmi(m): 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2006
tell that to the people at the glass house

(1) (Reply)

Riise Payslip / Mikel Obi Is Not Over-rated! / Rccg Wants To Buy Newcastle United N75billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.