Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,382 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) (33355 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Spent 16 Years In Prison For Crime He Didn't Commit, Released / An Innocent Boy Was Battered A Crime He Did Nt Commit In Niger State / ‘kanu Did Not Commit Any Crime, He Should Be Freed’ – Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by skup008(m): 1:22pm On May 20, 2016
MrBen10:
After my first comment, i just cant stop thinking about the pain one passes thru for being wrongly accused.

Infact, Op add me on whatsapp 07053MODIFIED so that i can connect u to league of lawyers who will help u fight this case with almost little or no fund involved.

Life first...!
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by Rick9(m): 1:23pm On May 20, 2016
I am a Philosopher and Logician and I can prove it that it was all a set up.
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by bighead1(m): 1:25pm On May 20, 2016
It's a setup, Simple as ABC.

Same happened to my sales boy yesterday.
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by OlowoB(m): 1:27pm On May 20, 2016
MadCow1:

The Law would not factor in your social status when delivering a judgement.

It's your responsibility to carry out due diligence on every transaction before completing it.

Extinuating circumstances may save you in some cases but you don't want to take such chances.

Other garages are doing it, they know the law that's why they do it.

This is why many businesses that are high risk make their clients sign waivers and indemnify them from prosecution.

Take this as a lesson and live accordingly.

Trading words online will not change the law in yours or the Mechanics favor.

Take it easy Hommie.

MadCow

You are one of the few brilliant people on this forum but how does the bolded word fit into the sentence you used it for?

Indemnify means to compensate, reimburse etc

cc; MadCow1

2 Likes

Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by ikevictor22(m): 1:28pm On May 20, 2016
My brother! Please you should contact NHRC National Human Rights Commission. They will aid you with their lawyer. Looking at your story, its a setup. Please NHRC will help you. Trust me.
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by tolaxin(m): 1:32pm On May 20, 2016
MadCow1:
Receiving Stolen Goods is a Criminal Offense under the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria..

#Ignorance is not an excuse under the Law.

It is your responsibility to carry out due diligence on the property before receiving or purchasing it.

Your mumu no get end my brother. The guy is a mechanic and not a buyer or seller of cars.

1 Like

Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by Mbediogu(m): 1:40pm On May 20, 2016
[quote author=patrickdarlins post=45782201]Please dear nairalanders.... This is a serious issue that involves the POLICE as I speak/type.. My close pal's BROTHER IS GOING TO JAIL FOR A CAR HE KNOWS NOTHING OF....

he is a mechanic(repairer of cars and all its parts) he is well known by every body in his location and is very good at doing his work and his customers loved him for his sincerity.

On a very good afternoon he was approached by a customer who wants to REPAIR HIS CAR..after all negotiation and bargaining.... He agreed to the price and gave the CAR KEYS to the man(the mechanic)... To test drive the car after everything.... And so he left the mechanic shop.

It wasn't up to 25mins, he was approached by POLICE and another owner of the same car that was dropped at his shop 25mins ago.... And the police men arrested the mechanic Guy saying he is a criminal that he stole the car from the owner in BENIN CITY, that the owner of the car packed the car inside his compound and all of a sudden the car was no where to be found. That they have been looking for the car for almost TWO WEEKS now that they got information from sombody that's how they got to know that the car is packed in his (mechanic guys) shop..

The mechanic guy is in police custody as we speak... And he kept calling the guy that brought the car to his shop and guy kept telling him he is not in town that he will be back in some hours hours time... It has been like that for almost 5days now... The man refuses showing up for his self acclaimed car.

Now they are planning on transferring the case from warri to BENIN tomorrow or next.... But they gave the mechanic guy some conditions if he want the case to be sealed..

The police men and the owner of the stolen car has told the mechanic guy to pay up #300,000 for the case to die down and for the replacement of some properties that are not inside the car at this moment.

Now... We beginingto suspect that this whole thing is a planned work and a SETUP Plan against the mechanic guy... Cos if you look at it very well you would notice that a stolen car from Benin to warri can not be tracked down immediately after the person who stole the car dropped it inside a mechanic shop and all of a sudden the owner of the so called car shows up from no where all the way from Benin? With the police?? How is that possible? I don't understand... It must be a set up...

DDEAR NAIRALANDERS... We planning on hiring a a lawyer and maybe take this issue to the court tomorrow... PLEASE WHAT IS YOUR BEST ADVICE FOR US AT THIS MOMENT? SHOULD WE OR SHOULD WE NOT INVOVETHE LAWYER? what other steps do you think we can take against this case?...

Please mature responses.... Thanks in advance....

.... Please I need urgent replies now.... Abeg ooo

Forgive my typo errors

This is format of the oldest type of 419. Whether it is going to court or not, get A GOOD GOOD lawyer. He will not go to jail because this is an arrangee deal to get money from him. The work of ur lawyer is to follow the case and sue them for damages in the end.
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by chidozieikeji2: 1:40pm On May 20, 2016
This is a well planned script nobody stole any car they just want to set office for his head but d only option that is left for them is for his lawyer to ask d guy that said they stole his car where he lives and frm dia an investigation will now be launched in his neighbourhood to know if he is d owner of the car and weda d car is actualy missing a good detective can find diz tins out in few seconds by asking d owners neighbours diz secret questions it is frm dia dat d truth will surface and d person will go dia on odd hour and also on secret mission
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by vicolurin(f): 1:41pm On May 20, 2016
Y can't u involve the network providers also so they can help in getting the man that brought the car thru his phone number wen his been called and get a good lawyer like u v said/typed earlier...akoba adaba olorun maje ari
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by MadCow1: 1:42pm On May 20, 2016
OlowoB:

You are one of the few brilliant people on this forum but how does the bolded word fit into the sentence you used it for?

Indemnify means to compensate, reimburse etc

cc; MadCow1

see the definitions for indemnity below Sir.

Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 20, 2016
MadCow1:
Receiving Stolen Goods is a Criminal Offense under the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria..

It is your responsibility to carry out due diligence on the property before receiving or purchasing it.

To every alleged offence, there's the actus rea which is the act of the alleged offence and the mens rea which is the mental element involved in committing an offence. In the alleged set up, the mens rea is missing ( motive, intention). The mechanic have a very good defense and all he needs is a very very smart lawyer. Note, not all lawyers are smart. I would also advice he counterclaims against the police and the car owner for malicious prosecution and infringement on his right of movement and dignity of human person. He should also claim for the cost of the action. If he succeeds, he will leave that cell with lots of money. Try and apply for bail for him immediately.
It is very clear the police did not conduct proper investigation

1 Like

Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by ibkgab001: 1:45pm On May 20, 2016
From my own point of view .... all is see is POLICE in actions

Do you know that most policemen mostly in Osogbo osun state always disturb Mechanics by asking them to provide their Job cards which most mechanic don`t issue out to their regular customers....

Like wise they disturb the Auto dealers that doesnt settle them well....

It is only in Nigeria that is a crime to do legitimate work

Nigeria Police are nothing but a wack

Please OP carbon copy the Inspector General of police on Instagram

and also copy @Gidi_traffic
i know those men behind the planned scene will soon hear it themselves
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by DrBlack(m): 1:46pm On May 20, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
This is a clear case of a set up. They should involve a lawyer and head to the net work service provider of the man who brought the car to his workshop. Track his location with the number he is being called with, then have him arrested. The man might have gotten to know that the car was being tracked and they were about to catch up with him he then decided to dump it at mechanic workshop making him a scape goat.
he could have just abandon the car on the road if the police was on his tail. it is a set up. can't they trace him through the phone number. I pray it is not a fake number he gavr the mechanic oooo
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 20, 2016
vicolurin:
Y can't u involve the network providers also so they can help in getting the man that brought the car thru his phone number wen his been called and get a good lawyer like u v said/typed earlier...akoba adaba olorun maje ari

And individual can't get such information from the network providers, only the security agencies can. He can go to court and have the network provider subpoena.
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by MadCow1: 1:51pm On May 20, 2016
Unique04:

To every alleged offence, there's the actus rea which is the act of the alleged offence and the mens rea which is the mental element involved in committing an offence. In the alleged set up, the mens rea is missing ( motive, intention). The mechanic have a very good defense and all he needs is a very very smart lawyer. Note, not all lawyers are smart. I would also advice he counterclaims against the police and the car owner for malicious prosecution and infringement on his right of movement and dignity of human person. He should also claim for the cost of the action. If he succeeds, he will leave that cell with lots of money. Try and apply for bail for him immediately.
It is very clear the police did not conduct proper investigation

Cool stuff..

Let's revisit the facts.

He was found in possesion of an allegedly stolen vehicle which he claims was deposited at his garage for repairs by an 'Unknown Client' who is currently at large.

The Onus lies squarely on the Mechanic to prove he was not acting in collusion with the alleged client and that he was truly ignorant of the fact that the vehicle was stolen.

You haven't really thought this through my brother.

His counter claim would be dismissed in a matter of seconds. This is why it is pertinent that before receiving any goods into your custody, you carry out some level of due diligence or make the depositor of such goods indemnify you from all responsibilities pertaining to such goods (including theft, loss and damage).

Thanks..

Madcow1

2 Likes

Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by Peterich(m): 1:51pm On May 20, 2016
gbagaun,lobatan....

Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by tdayof(m): 1:53pm On May 20, 2016
patrickdarlins:
Please dear nairalanders.... This is a serious issue that involves the POLICE as I speak/type.. My close pal's BROTHER IS GOING TO JAIL FOR A CAR HE KNOWS NOTHING OF....

he is a mechanic(repairer of cars and all its parts) he is well known by every body in his location and is very good at doing his work and his customers loved him for his sincerity.

On a very good afternoon he was approached by a customer who wants to REPAIR HIS CAR..after all negotiation and bargaining.... He agreed to the price and gave the CAR KEYS to the man(the mechanic)... To test drive the car after everything.... And so he left the mechanic shop.

It wasn't up to 25mins, he was approached by POLICE and another owner of the same car that was dropped at his shop 25mins ago.... And the police men arrested the mechanic Guy saying he is a criminal that he stole the car from the owner in BENIN CITY, that the owner of the car packed the car inside his compound and all of a sudden the car was no where to be found. That they have been looking for the car for almost TWO WEEKS now that they got information from sombody that's how they got to know that the car is packed in his (mechanic guys) shop..

The mechanic guy is in police custody as we speak... And he kept calling the guy that brought the car to his shop and guy kept telling him he is not in town that he will be back in some hours hours time... It has been like that for almost 5days now... The man refuses showing up for his self acclaimed car.

Now they are planning on transferring the case from warri to BENIN tomorrow or next.... But they gave the mechanic guy some conditions if he want the case to be sealed..

The police men and the owner of the stolen car has told the mechanic guy to pay up #300,000 for the case to die down and for the replacement of some properties that are not inside the car at this moment.

Now... We beginingto suspect that this whole thing is a planned work and a SETUP Plan against the mechanic guy... Cos if you look at it very well you would notice that a stolen car from Benin to warri can not be tracked down immediately after the person who stole the car dropped it inside a mechanic shop and all of a sudden the owner of the so called car shows up from no where all the way from Benin? With the police?? How is that possible? I don't understand... It must be a set up...

DDEAR NAIRALANDERS... We planning on hiring a a lawyer and maybe take this issue to the court tomorrow... PLEASE WHAT IS YOUR BEST ADVICE FOR US AT THIS MOMENT? SHOULD WE OR SHOULD WE NOT INVOVETHE LAWYER? what other steps do you think we can take against this case?...

Forgive my typo errors

https://twitter.com/PoliceNG_CRU and https://twitter.com/YomiShogunle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by elektra(f): 1:58pm On May 20, 2016
manmidtexy:

How can a mechanic collect car keys from a stranger or prospective customers that he had never seen before or knows nothing about him or her.

Mr Analyst, how many times should a mechanic see a customer before he can fix their car? 2,3,4 times?

2 Likes

Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by cyberguy72(m): 2:00pm On May 20, 2016
BiggerBangs:
Haha.. Why the fuse? Tell the man (mechanic)to relax ,this is a planned setup probably by one of his rich client he might have early offended.

Solution :

1: Be ready to spend money to finish the case

2: Get a good Lawyer

3: cooperate to pay the 300k Bribe ( but don't )

4: Get a documented evidence that they requested for a settlement of 300k

5: Write a letter to the state commissioner of police to transfer the mechanic to police headquarters for safety because they may attempt to kill the guy in his cell

6:Then head to Court

7: Add the most important ingredient by praying because the case has been planned and finished before the guy got arrested

8: Wait till Court discharge and Aquit the Mechanic

9: Don't forget to publish the names of the police officerS that mastermind the crime here on Nairaland because they will be dismissed

10: Thank me later

I Raised !!!
GOD BLESS U

1 Like

Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by CioAngels(f): 2:08pm On May 20, 2016
patrickdarlins:
Please dear nairalanders.... This is a serious issue that involves the POLICE as I speak/type.. My close pal's BROTHER IS GOING TO JAIL FOR A CAR HE KNOWS NOTHING OF....

Forgive my typo errors

Get a lawyer, i see this as a setup. If the police is not working for gain here, they know how to get the guy that brought the car to his shop. The network providers will get his details if our policemen are truthful.
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by ifygod20(m): 2:12pm On May 20, 2016
Plz get a lawyer 4 him,this whole thing is a set up....
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by GoldEnyong(m): 2:17pm On May 20, 2016
Consider too that the car must have been tracked (remote car tracking ). But whether the car was track or not the police wouldn't be afraid to ask for money.
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by osabiggy(m): 2:23pm On May 20, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
This is a clear case of a set up. They should involve a lawyer and head to the net work service provider of the man who brought the car to his workshop. Track his location with the number he is being called with, then have him arrested. The man might have gotten to know that the car was being tracked and they were about to catch up with him he then decided to dump it at mechanic workshop making him a scape goat.
. Hope, ofcause we're saying it as it really happened. Then back your efforts with prayers & believe!
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 20, 2016
GET A LAWYER!!

May the Almighty vindicate the innocent man.
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by MadCow1: 2:31pm On May 20, 2016
elektra:

Mr Analyst, how many times should a mechanic see a customer before he can fix their car? 2,3,4 times?

Lol..

Aunty, All he is saying is that when somebody who isn't a customer comes into your business and is willing to leave his property with you for you to work on, its only right that you get some details off of the person.

As Laymen, we don't practice these things, but look at the implications of it..
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by Richie77: 2:36pm On May 20, 2016
WETIN LAWYERS DEY DO ?
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by nzeakor24(m): 2:37pm On May 20, 2016
Just get a good lawyer and they should also start tracking the phone number
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by banme1(m): 2:41pm On May 20, 2016
MadCow1:

no need to search for the guy. Mad cow is the suspect.
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by MadCow1: 2:45pm On May 20, 2016
banme1:
no need to search for the guy. Mad cow is the suspect.

If I steal your shiit, You will never EVER find it..

No be bragging, but I am fhucking good at anything I do.. grin

The simple truth is what I just shared.. You better tell your guyes for area.

1 Like

Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by abbey621(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2016
This is a very simple case, there must surely be witnesses that can testify that a customer dropped the car off for repair, there should also be receipt/document with signatures showing the name, address and phone number of the customer. A lawyer would have the case thrown out of court in less than 10 minutes!
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by comodo: 2:52pm On May 20, 2016
MadCow1:

A car that was brought to a mechanic to fix. was it written that he bought d car??
Re: He's Going To Jail Soon For A Crime He Knows Not.. (urgent Advice) by Autino(m): 2:55pm On May 20, 2016
izzou:
Once you get to the police station and say

I HAVE CONTACTED MY LAW....

Before you put the YER,police go don dey beg you

Justice demands that dey investigate better by tracing the phone number the mechanic was given

don't decieve the guy by thinking you will intimidate police with lawyer there is no case of stealin/theft without police. My brother pray enestly to God to vindicate you this is a complicated issue,I advice no to offer money or accept the offence you did not comitted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NAPTIP Busts Underage Sex Workers In Abuja / Armed Robbers Attack A Commercial Bank In Idoani, Ondo State / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging On A Tree In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.