Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Convo Btw A Billionaire And A Poor Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Convo Btw A Billionaire And A Poor Man (874 Views)

I Just Want To Be Free... The Poor Man Wailed And Hollered! / Dear Poor Man... That Rich Man Is Not Better Than You! / Life Of A Poor Secondary School Boy... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convo Btw A Billionaire And A Poor Man by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 19, 2016
Billionaire: I have money. Money answereth all things. Bow to me.
Poor man: you lack wisdom, Sir. I will not bow to you. I may not be a billionaire like you, but I am rich because I have integrity, coupled with wisdom, which you lack terribly. A wise man never brags about money.
Billionaire: are you insulting me? Do you know who you are talking to? Do you know I can get you locked up? You really don't know how rich and influential I am in this country? This is Nigeria. Don't forget that.
Poor man: I am not insulting you at all. I am only telling the truth, Sir.
Billionaire: okay, good for you. Bow to me right now.
Poor man: I will not bow to Baal. Never.
Billionaire: what the hell did you just call me?
Poor man: I called you nothing.
Billionaire: you just said something stupid right now. You called me Baal. Are you crazy?
Poor man: now, you are insulting me. I am not crazy. I am very sane. I only used the word "Baal" as a metaphor to represent an evil strongman.
Billionaire: you call me evil strongman, right? I will so deal with you today. I will show you pepper.
(He orders one of his bodyguards to call the Commissioner of Police to send 6 police officers over to where he is located).
Poor man: I will be waiting. I am going nowhere. I see no reason why I will be arrested. The fact that I refused to bow to you is not a case at all. You can't intimidate me with your status. I fear nothing. I am highly disappointed in you. You're a disgrace.
Billionaire: today is the day that I will show you what money can do. I am a billionaire. Money answereth all things.
Poor man: oh, really?
Billionaire: yes, of course. Tell me one thing money cannot do.
Poor man: can money bring back a dead man to life? Money can help prolong life, but can it resurrect the dead? Can you go to a grave site and use your billions to bring back the dead to life? When you and I die, we will be buried in the belly of the Earth. Life is fair to you but unfair to me, but when death comes, it will not discriminate. Death will give you and I the same treatment and will not respect the fact that you're a billionaire. You forget that all is vanity and wealth is like water. It's only important when there is life, but when we die, we will not go with it. It will all evaporate and return back to the wind.
(The Billionaire looks at the poor man with great shock. He can't believe what the poor man just told him is very deep. He orders his bodyguard to call the Commissioner of Police not to send the cops).
Billionaire: wow, you got me thinking. Your words are heavy. I am so sorry about the hurtful words I said to you. I apologize.
Poor man: it's okay. I am not upset. I just felt you should respect me, no matter what. I am a man and you're a man. I am a poor man and you're a rich man. The only difference between you and I is opportunity. Easy access to resources is what separates us. If I had the opportunities you have, I would not be a poor man today. I would be your equal, in terms of wealth and property acquisitions. But you're forgiven.
Billionaire: I am so sorry once again.
(He shakes the poor man and hugs him)
(The Billionaire's bodyguards look surprised that their boss would stoop low as to hug a poor man).
Poor man: it's okay. It's life. People are bound to argue and fight. It's natural. When we fight, we must make peace. But when we fight and don't make peace afterwards, that's a problem. But, in this instance, we argued and made peace. That's progress.
(The Billionaire writes a check of N500,000 and gives it to the poor man and also gives him his business card)
Poor man: no, Sir. I will not accept cash from you, but I will accept your business card. I told you I am a man of integrity. I may not have money, but I have pride. If you are offering me this money to make up for talking down on me in a condescending way, I will not accept it.
(Billionaire looks at him and smiles)
Billionaire: I really like you. You are smart and I would like you too work for me. I want to give you employment and I need men of integrity I can trust to work for me. Can you?
Poor man: no, problem. I have your business card. I will definitely give you a call.
Billionaire: okay. I will be expecting your call. Will you accept this check of N500,000 I have written and signed for you?
Poor man: no, Sir.
Billionaire: please. I have an appointment to catch up with. I can't stay longer. I am giving you the check not because I want to make up for insulting you, but because it's from my heart. I want to upgrade you and give you and your family a helping hand. Please, have it.
(The poor man cries as he accepts the money. He can't believe that a whopping N500,000 check is given to him just like that)
Poor man: thanks a lot, Sir. I really appreciate this check. Thank you. May you never lack.
Billionaire: it's a pleasure. You deserve it because you're a good man. A man of integrity. Please, make sure you call me so we can discuss an appointment for employment. I will be expecting you.
Poor man: no problem, Sir. I will call you. Bye.
(The Billionaire enters the back seat of his Metallic Bulletproof Range Rover with his bodyguards and drives away with other cars following behind).
Poor man: oh, today is a great day. I touched the heart of a billionaire and in turn, he rendered me financial help. Today is a great day.
Written by Bisi Bee
Re: Convo Btw A Billionaire And A Poor Man by callmelanner(m): 11:09pm On May 19, 2016
THE RICH MAN STILL EMPLOYED THE POOR MAN EVEN WITH ALL HIS WISDOM!
SMH!!!
*give me the money ooo* singing
Re: Convo Btw A Billionaire And A Poor Man by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 19, 2016
callmelanner:
THE RICH MAN STILL EMPLOYED THE POOR MAN EVEN WITH ALL HIS WISDOM!
SMH!!!
*give me the money ooo* singing
but they came to an understanding LOL u like money oh

1 Like

Re: Convo Btw A Billionaire And A Poor Man by klassykute(m): 11:54pm On May 19, 2016
i was patient enough to read it tp d center .. den something told mi to see how long other part was .. OH MY GOSH !!!!! one full textbook to go? quickly jump to comments ..
Re: Convo Btw A Billionaire And A Poor Man by Nobody: 9:31am On May 20, 2016
klassykute:
i was patient enough to read it tp d center .. den something told mi to see how long other part was .. OH MY GOSH !!!!! one full textbook to go? quickly jump to comments ..
LOL come on man it ain't that long nau...
Re: Convo Btw A Billionaire And A Poor Man by jojothaiv(m): 12:10am On May 22, 2016
udondeymadt:
but they came to an understanding LOL u like money oh
Well, Sir William tried to mend the electric light...

All by himself in the dark at night...

It stuck him and that serves him right..

It's the work of the rich man

To give employment to the poor man..

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Niyi & Tara's Big Fight ($uper Er0tica) / Smokescreen / Funny Men Cannot Be Trusted - Book Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.