Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme (17671 Views)

Fayose Embraces Buhari's School Feeding Programme / Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra / I Won’t Contribute To School Feeding Programme, Fayose Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Truckpusher(m): 1:02pm On May 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin smh

God ! You hate Nigerians I swear.

1 Like

Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Femich18(m): 1:02pm On May 20, 2016
kajoula:

[size=18pt]Ogbeni ..jara'e APC na Scam ooh[/size]
Lol. me never believe that one until 2019. Then I can then boldly say its a scam or not. Before then? I've got my fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by hansad: 1:02pm On May 20, 2016
Good. It's time the foreign powers with their oil companies who own Nigeria started injecting their own wealth to prop up Buhari's government which they installed.

Foreign powers gain less from Nigeria's crude oil whenever a southern president is in power.

From co-sponsoring Boko Haram with some northern Nigerians, to using false TV propaganda to confuse the world, these foreign interests still use their media to paint angelic good image of Buhari. They are not interested in the sufferings of Nigerians under Buhari.
They broadcast propaganda of falsehood about events in Nigeria right about the peak of Boko Haram violence and up till today. They told the world that Boko Haram was because of unemployment and poverty. See as they talk about 'freed' Chibok girls as if they were there.

1 Like

Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by free2ryhme: 1:02pm On May 20, 2016
Uncle lai has come again oooo lipsrsealed
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by chikel2000(m): 1:04pm On May 20, 2016
Everything about dis administration is in d future tense nawa o
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by DesChyko: 1:04pm On May 20, 2016
Keneking:
You can imagine what this will do to agriculture."

Of course I can. Withdrawing fertilizers and demanding one billion eggs will definitely BOOST the agricultural sectorundecided

I think your passport should replace the definition of sycophant in the dictionary.

1 Like

Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 20, 2016
kajoula:
[size=18pt] grin grin grin grin 1Billion eggs daily shocked
Oga liar.... campaign don pass oo, this is 2016,we don wise-up.
Please make provisions to vastly develop poult industry in NIgeria before this 1B-eggs/day demand now,
for we know what it takes ...we aint novice and those 2015 lying trick are outdated.[/size]

[size=18pt]abi na to import from SA ni ?[/size]

[size=18pt]Mohamed the liar........Minister for MIS-information.[/size] of the federal republic of Nigeria

[size=15pt]meanwhile....TGIF......BooooooooooM+11:45pm groove[/size]

1billion+ eggs per year, not daily
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by honprof: 1:05pm On May 20, 2016
I just hope the APC Government would not deny making these policy statement tomorrow.

Experience with this Government says otherwise.
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 20, 2016
Let's wait and see IF it will be implemented.
The plan sounds very good n beneficial 2 d common man.
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by phemmyfour: 1:08pm On May 20, 2016
Tolexander:
this "who .... EPP" iss is becoming stale!

This is good, only if this promise won't be cancelled as usual!
Mumu, where is the sense in that? yet the govt broke and on the verge of removing subsidy from fertilizer
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by stagger: 1:09pm On May 20, 2016
folks4luv:
of course agric sector need boosting, but feeding sch kids? that's a waste of scarce resources, meal like milk n egg r big deal in some families cause of poverty. let d govt work on reducing poverty level n parents will feed their kids egg n even chicken.

School feeding has been shown to increase rates of school enrollment in countries where is is practiced. Providing protein to a growing child will reduce the feeding burden on poor parents. I was a beneficiary of school feeding in the late 70s. Cannot forget the refreshing milk and eggs and biscuits we used to receive every break time. Many parents in Nigeria cannot afford it. So feed the kids, increase school enrollment and you have a more sustainable path to poverty eradication.

I would rather have kids given an egg a day than having millions being paid for prayers to win elections as was the case the last time around.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Olasuposaheed(m): 1:12pm On May 20, 2016
APC one day one lie, for more lies text APC to 131
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by playtheblues(f): 1:18pm On May 20, 2016
Futuristic government. Every good thing they 'plan' to do is in the future while the bad ones are instant.
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by mranova(m): 1:21pm On May 20, 2016
You would be surprised at the cost of 1bn eggs and just one individual will hijack the contract.
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by bigfather(m): 1:22pm On May 20, 2016
1trillionlikes:
FG to provide 1bn eggs for school feeding programme

ABUJA—THE federal government has said its decision to partially deregulate the downstream sector of the petroleum sector would enhance its school feeding programme.

Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, stated this yesterday, when a federal government delegation, led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, David Babachir Lawal, met with members of the National Working Committee and State Executive Committees of All Progressives Congress, APC, in Abuja.

At the meeting called to discuss the issues thrown up by deregulation, Mohammed listed several impacts the policy would have on Nigerians.

He said, “The first is the employment of 500,000 unemployed graduates, the second is the employment of 100,000 non graduates, technicians and artisans. The third is the one meal a day programme targeting 5.5 million pupils all over Nigeria. This is the most exciting of all our programmes. Even if we are going to give these children one egg a day, it means we will need 5.5 million eggs and in a calendar year of 200 days, we will need over a billion eggs. You can imagine what this will do to agriculture.

“We have the enterprise scheme which is a system of revolving loan. We are targeting one million market women and men, 460,000 artisans and technicians and 200,000 agricultural workers to be given loans through their cooperatives to start their own businesses. We have the N5,000 conditional cash transfers to one million most vulnerable Nigerians as a first phase. Then finally, we have bursaries, scholarships for all students in Nigeria studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics.”

National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, said such meetings would be convened on a regular basis so party members would understand government’s policy. He said:

“What this does is to arm everyone of us from the national and state levels so that we can speak with confidence, in addition to whatever passion we can muster about what is going on at the national level and go away with the conviction that things are not just happening capriciously with the conviction that we promised change. Change is a process, it is not an event, not something that happens the day after the government was sworn-in.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fg-provide-1bn-eggs-school-feeding-programme/

i been think say the govt broke
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Rallyman: 1:26pm On May 20, 2016
imagine and they will come and say we are broke confused government with confused minister of misinformation
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Pavarottii(m): 1:29pm On May 20, 2016
Is this the level we av gotten to. Given us eggs to eat. This APC fellows see their supporters and zombies as Animals sincerely.

Me as am like this sef, I can't project such... create jobs, pay salaries. Let their parents by them egg....

How did we get here Nigerians. Somebody should be please answer me.

1 Like

Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Lawcurrent(m): 1:49pm On May 20, 2016
as in 1 billion eggs will be imported for the school feeding programme cry
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by folks4luv(f): 1:52pm On May 20, 2016
stagger:

School feeding has been shown to increase rates of school enrollment in countries where is is practiced. Providing protein to a growing child will reduce the feeding burden on poor parents. I was a beneficiary of school feeding in the late 70s. Cannot forget the refreshing milk and eggs and biscuits we used to receive every break time. Many parents in Nigeria cannot afford it. So feed the kids, increase school enrollment and you have a more sustainable path to poverty eradication.

I would rather have kids given an egg a day than having millions being paid for prayers to win elections as was the case the last time around.
do you think an egg meal will be a big deal to kids who are well fed? the govt is complaining of scarce resources, that is we need to be judicious in out policies now. where I come from, egg or food have nothing to do with sch attendance, u heard what happened in Kaduna? once those kids finish eating,they pick their bag and leave school, so who is fooling who?
if school feeding to relieve parents is such a big deal in d 70's, and it is still a big deal today, can we say we v grown n better than yesteryears?
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Ahmeduana(m): 1:55pm On May 20, 2016
Ramanto:
WHO EGGS DON EPP??
FROM BISCUIT E DON JUMP TO EGG! Inconsisten regime, the flip flopper!
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Mctimothylota(m): 1:57pm On May 20, 2016
Truckpusher:
grin grin grin grin smh God ! You hate Nigerians I swear.
Bros pls bcareful wit wot u say..
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by emmak2k4(m): 1:58pm On May 20, 2016
kajoula:
[size=18pt] grin grin grin grin 1Billion eggs daily shocked
Oga liar.... campaign don pass oo, this is 2016,we don wise-up.
Please make provisions to vastly develop poult industry in NIgeria before this 1B-eggs/day demand now,
for we know what it takes ...we aint novice and those 2015 lying trick are outdated.[/size]

[size=18pt]abi na to import from SA ni ?[/size]

[size=18pt]Mohamed the liar........Minister for MIS-information.[/size] of the federal republic of Nigeria

[size=15pt]meanwhile....TGIF......BooooooooooM+11:45pm groove[/size]

Did you take out time to even read through before commenting?
Because if you did, you would have seen clearly the break down. Nigerian's the problem of Nigeria!
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by kajoula(m): 1:58pm On May 20, 2016
Femich18:

Lol. me never believe that one until 2019. Then I can then boldly say its a scam or not. Before then? I've got my fingers crossed

a typical nigerian......stayput
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by ZUBY77(m): 2:04pm On May 20, 2016
The way this old fool called Muhammed shouts 500,000 jobs every day, one would think he knows what he is saying.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Ghost01(m): 2:07pm On May 20, 2016
GWMI:
If good economy policies were there, we will not need eggs from Govt to train our children that is the truth.Besides with the spiritual nature of Nigerians who will allow his child to be feed with cook egg in school?The children might be poisioned you know?so let there be good economy policies and forget about your free egg campaign.Thanks.
Feeding pupils in schools does not hinder having sound economic policies. States like Ekiti and Osun have been feeding pupils in schools for years now, though not on a daily basis due to financial constraints, and we are yet to hear anything such as poisoning. Let's appreciate a good idea when we see one.
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by wins18(m): 2:11pm On May 20, 2016
children eating egg in public in those days is considered corruptionally inappropriate, such child is considered a crook or spoilt brat. I wonder the intention of our government towards our kids. I pity the poor teachers lol, the kind mess wey dem go dey mess for class no be for here oo.
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Nukilia: 2:12pm On May 20, 2016
This is just the beginning grin grin grin Scamming continues...
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by WATCHOVER(m): 2:14pm On May 20, 2016
Nigerians should ask where will the 1bn egg come from?. A country that abandoned Agriculture for oil.
APC should shut up.
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by amazingspiderma: 2:21pm On May 20, 2016
stagger:

So you were born in the 60s/70s and you still used your mb to type this nonsense with current situation of Nigeria.
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Immunity1555: 2:22pm On May 20, 2016
This Lai should stop saying anything for now. I tired 4 d man.
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Michy61: 2:25pm On May 20, 2016
1trillionlikes:
FG to provide 1bn eggs for school feeding programme

ABUJA—THE federal government has said its decision to partially deregulate the downstream sector of the petroleum sector would enhance its school feeding programme.

Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, stated this yesterday, when a federal government delegation, led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, David Babachir Lawal, met with members of the National Working Committee and State Executive Committees of All Progressives Congress, APC, in Abuja.

At the meeting called to discuss the issues thrown up by deregulation, Mohammed listed several impacts the policy would have on Nigerians.

He said, “The first is the employment of 500,000 unemployed graduates, the second is the employment of 100,000 non graduates, technicians and artisans. The third is the one meal a day programme targeting 5.5 million pupils all over Nigeria. This is the most exciting of all our programmes. Even if we are going to give these children one egg a day, it means we will need 5.5 million eggs and in a calendar year of 200 days, we will need over a billion eggs. You can imagine what this will do to agriculture.

“We have the enterprise scheme which is a system of revolving loan. We are targeting one million market women and men, 460,000 artisans and technicians and 200,000 agricultural workers to be given loans through their cooperatives to start their own businesses. We have the N5,000 conditional cash transfers to one million most vulnerable Nigerians as a first phase. Then finally, we have bursaries, scholarships for all students in Nigeria studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics.”

National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, said such meetings would be convened on a regular basis so party members would understand government’s policy. He said:

“What this does is to arm everyone of us from the national and state levels so that we can speak with confidence, in addition to whatever passion we can muster about what is going on at the national level and go away with the conviction that things are not just happening capriciously with the conviction that we promised change. Change is a process, it is not an event, not something that happens the day after the government was sworn-in.”
When is it taking place? Hope it is not a political gimmick of the Federal government to silence the opposition.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/fg-provide-1bn-eggs-school-feeding-programme/
Re: FG To Provide 1bn Eggs For School Feeding Programme by Michy61: 2:27pm On May 20, 2016
[When is it taking place? Hope it is not a political gimmick of the Federal government to silence the opposition.
quote author=Michy61 post=45802146][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Female Legislator Suspended Over Fetish Objects Possession / Yoruba Youth Group To Buy Presidential Form For Atiku / Ambode Should Lead Growth, Development Of South West – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.