Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? (8195 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / 2014 Prophecies By Dr. DK Olukoya Of MFM / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? by Ola04: 2:37am On Aug 19, 2009
Hiya,

Sorry if this has already been asked. If so, please kindly point me in the right direction and spare me any abuse.

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought that women who go to Redeemed churches do not wear jewellry or make-up, but I recently learnt that Jesus House, Brent, North London is a RCCG chapel. I've been there before and the women wear all sorts.

Also, I attended my grandmother's funeral in Owo earlier this month. She went to a RCCG chapel in her later years and a RCCG choir ministered at her wake-keeping. Most of the girls there did not wear any jewellery, but the young lady leading the worship wore earrings.

Please note, THE OBJECTIVE OF THIS TOPIC IS NOT TO DISCUSS WHETHER CHRISTIAN WOMEN WEARING MAKE-UP OR JEWELLERY IS RIGHT OR WRONG. Anyone wishing to discuss such merits, please feel free to start your own topic. I just want to know what is their dresscode, or does it differ between branches.

Also, does anyone know if either RCCG or MFM believe in the trinity? Or are they "Oneness Pentecostal"?

Much appreciated.

O.
Re: Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? by macIB(m): 10:25am On Aug 19, 2009
Much that I know I shall share with you.

Dress code

The dress code for the RCCG differ btw branches. I feel it is what the pastor of each branches feel or says that each congregation follows. But I think as a church, how Adeboye and his wife dress should be the standard laid down regulation. As you know, not all Jesus disciples are the same and not all of them followed the Jesus code to the letter, so you should expect differences in the individual pastors approach to dressing. Some allow pants, others don't. As for MFM, I do not know and so i will keep mute on that!

Trinity

This is a Fundamental belif in Christian faith as laid down by the Catholic church Bishops during the "council of Nicaea" in 325 AD. Therefore any christian church always follows this dogma and since RCCG and MFM are a denomination of the christian faith they also must belief in ""three persons, one substance" doctrine as passed down from Nicaea, by the Catholic Bishops, up till now!

Hope this helps
Re: Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? by Tudor6(f): 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2009
macIB:

Much that I know I shall share with you.

Dress code

The dress code for the RCCG differ btw branches. I feel it is what the pastor of each branches feel or says that each congregation follows. But I think as a church, how Adeboye and his wife dress should be the standard laid down regulation. As you know, not all Jesus disciples are the same and not all of them followed the Jesus code to the letter, so you should expect differences in the individual pastors approach to dressing. Some allow pants, others don't. As for MFM, I do not know and so i will keep mute on that!

Trinity

This is a Fundamental belif in Christian faith as laid down by the Catholic church Bishops during the "council of Nicaea" in 325 AD. Therefore any christian church always follows this dogma and since RCCG and MFM are a denomination of the christian faith they also must belief in ""three persons, one substance" doctrine as passed down from Nicaea, by the Catholic Bishops, up till now!

Hope this helps
Here I was thinking god told christians that he had three heads not knowing some bishops gathered and invented a hydra headed monstrosity as god. . . .now i know. . . .
Re: Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? by dafidixone(m): 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2009
I will like to draw your attention to the types of methods RCCG uses in getting people to Christ. This reflect mostly in the dresscodes of the parishes. There are Model Parishes and there are Classic Parishes.

The concept of Model Parish is centred on bringing every kind of people to church so that they may know christ. The Classic centre on the doctrine of solid Christiains that are given all to the glory of God. This Classic is the form that emulate the dress code and parten of Mummy G.O and other mother of faith.

Model or Classic, christ is the centre of RCCG beleive.
Re: Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? by Duroe: 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2009
Your question is reasonable to a certain extent. RCCG consists of congregation with different patterns of dressing. Some (I don't know if that is the teaching) Pastors (under the GO) have wives dressing without any code i.e wear whatever they like- trousers, jewelry and makeups and leave their heads uncovered in church or while praying or prophesying. The original RCCG handed over to Pastor Adeboye by the Founder believe the Bible is against worldliness manifested in those dressings mentioned above.
The MFM I used to know is like the original RCCG or Deeper Life in dressing.

Both RCCG and MFM believe in the doctrine of trinity.
Re: Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? by Ola04: 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2009
Many thanks for all your responses. It's a bit unfortunate that different parishes do different things. In this day and age it's important to stay consistant in the church; but if the Adeboye's didn't make their stance clear at the beginning, they can hardly start enforcing it now.

macIB:

Trinity

Hope this helps

Sorry, but it is not compulsory to believe in the "Trinity" to be a Christian, not in the Pentecostal movement anyway. As you said the idea of the Trinity is from Catholic men. The word "trinity" does not appear in the Bible. 1 John 5:7 says of the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit "and these three are one", not "three in one". The difference is subtle, but significant. Oneness Pentecostals believe that the Lord Almighty is One, with three different roles in the New Testament Church: Father (Lord God), Son (Redeemer) and Holy Spirit (Comforter, communicator), but he is one Jesus. Not God in "three persons".

1 Like

Re: Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? by macIB(m): 11:40pm On Aug 19, 2009
Sorry, but it is not compulsory to believe in the "Trinity" to be a Christian, not in the Pentecostal movement anyway. As you said the idea of the Trinity is from Catholic men. The word "trinity" does not appear in the Bible. 1 John 5:7 says of the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit "and these three are one", not "three in one". The difference is subtle, but significant. Oneness Pentecostals believe that the Lord Almighty is One, with three different roles in the New Testament Church: Father (Lord God), Son (Redeemer) and Holy Spirit (Comforter, communicator), but he is one Jesus. Not God in "three persons".

Whatever they believe in the christian faith is none is my business. I am an Ifa ardent so I careless!!!
Re: Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? by EhiAbah(f): 5:00am On Jun 15, 2013
U could care less abt Christainity now but one day u'd thirst for something more personal with God... And realise that Ifa does not offer that. I hope that realisation comes soon enough.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Conversation Between A Muslim And A American Over Terrorists Issue! / What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. / Hama Terrorists Complains That The Jewish God Changes The Flight Of Their Rocket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.