Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years (34332 Views)

Raymond Dokpesi Unveils APDA Party (Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance) / Raymond Dokpesi Escapes Assassination In Abuja (Photos) / Photos Of Raymond Omatseye In Court Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by Israel5(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2016
Ok..alrite
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by shamsuRana(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

full

tinubu, amaechi, fashola, fayemi, kwankwaso, nyako, audu, adams oshiomole, obasanjo, atiku, saraki, ahmed fatai etc are they not in power ruling your family tree?

i did not object to them ruling me,coz I like their style of rule.Its congenital chumps like you who are frustrated and putting up rubbish.
like I reiterate,they are ruling you and your entire household charlie.sit on a stove if you don't like that. cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by Agimor(m): 2:54pm On May 20, 2016
The penalty is too minimal it should have been 15 yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:54pm On May 20, 2016
shamsuRana:

i did not object to them ruling me,coz I like their style of rule.Its congenital chumps like you who are frustrated and putting up rubbish.
like I reiterate,they are ruling you and your entire household charlie.sit on a stove if you don't like that. cheesy
painment tongue
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by shamsuRana(m): 2:55pm On May 20, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

painment tongue

meaninglessness and senselessness = idiocy wink

9 Likes

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 20, 2016
GEJ surrogate will soon come out to claim GEJ started the prosecution

4 Likes

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by Boss13: 2:57pm On May 20, 2016
1st conviction
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by druboon404: 2:57pm On May 20, 2016
Those who are wailing that Chibock girl's kidnapp is a scam,should also agree that Enugu fulani herds men attack is also a big time scam.. Stop playing politics with human life.It could be you tomorrow..
In other news,Nnammdi Kanu was spotted behind Aishaa Buhari at the presidential villa..

7 Likes

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by mkoabiola: 2:58pm On May 20, 2016
Pls,what is d name of d judge.
Judges like ds should occupy d court not all theses kangaroo judges who compromise d judiciary system.

3 Likes

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by Goke7: 3:01pm On May 20, 2016
chai what a pity, this will be put his successor patrick akpolobokemi who is also facing an efcc case to be under so much pressure. Looks like a situation where two former bosses of NIMASA will end up in jail. I hope Peterside will learn from this,

5 Likes

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by StunningCEO: 3:02pm On May 20, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

sorry, who take your bread?

Oremusanctus the mad man... angry...anyway good news....this government has finally secured its first conviction.....stealing is now corruption...metuh the coward loading.... angry...next...

5 Likes

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:03pm On May 20, 2016
StunningCEO:

Oremusanctus the mad man... angry...anyway good news....this government has finally secured its first conviction.....stealing is now corruption...metuh the coward loading.... angry...next...
undecided
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by Femsyn(m): 3:05pm On May 20, 2016
As long as someone is in jail for his atrocities, I don't care if suspected APC thieves are walking around freely. Whether its Amaechi or Omatseye, I don't care! We, the citizens are better off without these people.

If PDP members are crying foul for selective prosecution, I'd advise they strive to win the next elections. When they do, they can as well prosecute thieving APC members too (if found guilty).
Either way its a win-win for the common man.

I care less for who is in jail, as long as he is a THIEF!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by LadyExcellency: 3:34pm On May 20, 2016
He was actually charged by EFCC under Jonathan, the same agency that jailed Southwest PDP chieftain.

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by azimibraun: 3:40pm On May 20, 2016
Congratulations to Nigeria and Nigerians. This is called successful prosecution.

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by LEXYCOM: 3:42pm On May 20, 2016
5 years small nah......kudos sha

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by LadyExcellency: 3:42pm On May 20, 2016
Femsyn:
As long as someone is in jail for his atrocities, I don't care if suspected APC thieves are walking around freely. Whether its Amaechi or Omatseye, I don't care! We, the citizens are better off without these people.

If PDP members are crying foul for selective prosecution, I'd advise they strive to win the next elections. When they do, they can as well prosecute the thieving APC members too (if found guilty).
Either way its a win-win for the common man.

I care less for who is in jail, as long as he is a THIEF!

It was Jonathan's administration that prosecuted Raymond Omatseye and not Buhari

[b]Omatseye is standing trial on an amended 27-count charge of alleged contract scam slammed on him by the anti-graft agency.

He was re-arraigned on January 21, 2013, pleaded not guilty to the charge and was then granted bail.

The prosecution had opened its case on February 4, 2013, by calling on its first witness, Ibrahim Ahmed, an Investigating Police Officer with the EFCC.

On May 30, 2013, EFCC called its second witness, Mohammed Shehu, a former Acting Director of Procurement at NIMASA.

The third witness was Aminu Aliyu, a staff of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).

All the witnesses had given various testimonies before the court as to the nature and form of contract awarded by the accused while serving as DG of NIMASA.

In the charge, the accused was said to have been involved in contract splitting and bid rigging estimated at over N1.5 billion.

The offence was said to have contravened the provisions of Section 58(4) (d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007.

It also contravened the provisions of Sections 14(a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2004.
[/b]

http://allafrica.com/stories/201502280016.html
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by monticarlo(m): 3:44pm On May 20, 2016
undecided booooohari is the African version of HITLER

for those quoting me and saying rubbish, what is amaechi still doing in aso rock, amaechi for get HIGH TABLE for kirikiri prison

-HYPOCRISY

na ur papa?
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by engrlarex(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2016
weere re ooooo

EMMAUGOH:
arrant nonsensesad just 5 years , they should give me 10m and sentence me to 7 yrs. i will go 4 thanksgiving 4 such an offer
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by kunyeo(m): 3:46pm On May 20, 2016
Sorry. thought EFCC a toothless bulldog!

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 20, 2016
Slowly and steadily, we shall get there grin
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by Lexusgs430: 3:46pm On May 20, 2016
Total amount in cash and assets recovered?

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by damola311: 3:47pm On May 20, 2016
But if na poor man pikin steal 100k, na sentence to die by hanging....

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by Rexnegro(m): 3:50pm On May 20, 2016
5yrs too small o, if na one poor dude now na like 20 upward they go sentence Am

1 Like

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by collitexnaira(m): 3:50pm On May 20, 2016
Serves him right, soon corruption will come to an end in naija

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by ayanfeeledumare: 3:51pm On May 20, 2016
[quote author=TANTUMERGO007 post=45802103] undecided booooohari is the African version of HITLER

What is this child during on NL?

2 Likes

Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:52pm On May 20, 2016
[quote author=ayanfeeledumare post=45804743][/quote]
i am old enough to penetrate your *u*
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by chikel2000(m): 3:54pm On May 20, 2016
Just 5 yrs? But if ordinary citizen steal na ten yrs abi?
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by fxskye: 3:54pm On May 20, 2016
Not breaking to me because I have not read about the amount recovered from the N1.5b nor read about his property confiscate
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by Project400: 3:55pm On May 20, 2016
Oh well; they've been on this case since Feb 2015.

Do we really have to wait that long to decide the fate of 'alleged criminals'?
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by defash8: 3:55pm On May 20, 2016
In act of desperation to have something to say on one year anniversary, the Executives are putting pressure on the judges to round up cases.
Re: Court Jails Raymond Omatseye For Five Years by MrALIVE: 3:55pm On May 20, 2016
boman2014:
shut up if u've got nothin' to say
bros why you dey give am attention! Just free the deluded fellow

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Two Months From Now And No Change, I Will Carry Gun" - Nigerian Man (Video) / Buhari Vowed To Deal With Lawmakers That Booed Him - Femi Fani-kayode / Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.