Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English (4296 Views)

Betty Akeredolu: 'I Met My Hubby During NYSC, He's Broke, Couldn't Take Me Out' / Throwback When Buhari, Amaechi, Others In Protest Rally Against FG / Melaye: Remi Tinubu Has Arrived Menopause, I Couldn't Have Said I'll Impregnate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by MalcoImX: 8:20pm On May 20, 2016
Lordave:
Another Chibok Scam victim.

So it's because of Chibok Scam Rescue you went to dig up this shít?
Nobody dug out anything. This news is worthy of being reported and circulated whether there's the Chibok issue or not. As it is an issue with you that a secondary school student from the North couldn't speak English, it is also a million times surprising to us that a graduate from 'Queensland' couldn't speak her first language, even if corruptly. And were this graduate a northerner, I can bet my last Benjamins that you'll make the most of it.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by Lordave: 8:23pm On May 20, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
is more than enough to dig out all the shit just put sense into una fish brain
Who between you and me and my likes should be termed 'fish brain'?
Credulous and gullible zombie like you and your folks or incredulous and doubting Thomas like me and my fellow Wialers?
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by DesChyko: 8:24pm On May 20, 2016
MalcoImX:

DesChyko, Ddaji's logic is sound. If inability to speak English is what's making some of you to discredit the Chibok rescue, then the first thing we expect from you is to say that that graduate is a Hausa girl.

His logic to drag the entirety of the ibo folk into the plight of this half-baked graduate from the East for obvious mischievous purposes is sound?? I should expect nothing less, not with the way you used 'we'.

However, what you expect from anyone is your expectation. No one is subject to what you expect. Especially not a person you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by Lordave: 8:27pm On May 20, 2016
MalcoImX:
Nobody dug out anything. This news is worthy of being reported and circulated whether there's the Chibok issue or not. As it is an issue with you that a secondary school student from the North couldn't speak English, it is also a million times surprising to us that a graduate from 'Queensland' couldn't speak her first language, even if corruptly. And were this graduate a northerner, I can bet my last Benjamins that you'll make the most of it.
Check again, I'm not one of your regular ethnic bigots roaming Nairaland.

Also I haven't commented on the Chibok girl's ability to speak or write in English language.
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by obailala(m): 8:27pm On May 20, 2016
Lordave:
Since some people for some silly political or ethnic sentiments have decided to feign ignorance about how bad our education system is, since some people have decided to feign amnesia about the fact that students from the far north even have 2/200 as cut-off point for unity schools, then it becomes necessary to dig up threads like this to remind some people that have refused to reason objectively that even university graduates from the most educationally advanced zone can still be found wanting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by OlujobaSamuel: 8:31pm On May 20, 2016
I read this report then, it's just a pity we find it difficult to trust ourselves, not to talk of someone else.
Scam or no scam, a family is happy and am happy for the family, if you are not, there are many ways to die.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by DesChyko: 8:32pm On May 20, 2016
MalcoImX:
And were this graduate a northerner, I can bet my last Benjamins that you'll make the most of it.

Wrong. It can't get more than this. We served as well and we know the tribe that have the major English problem.
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by Lordave: 8:33pm On May 20, 2016
obailala:
Since some people for some silly political or ethnic sentiments have decided to feign ignorance about how bad our education system is, since some people have decided to feign amnesia about the fact that students from the far north even have 2/200 as cut-off point for unity schools, then it becomes necessary to dig up threads like this to remind some people that have refused to reason objectively that even university graduates from the most educationally advanced zone can still be found wanting.
You're right and I agree with you, but I hope it doesn't degenerate to ethnic Internet war we regularly have on Nairaland just as the OP intends, that one disgusts me.
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by dimieprincess(f): 8:35pm On May 20, 2016
obailala:
hello parvenu, before we take u serious upload a video to substantiate this thread. We are talking about what the eyes have seen, you are here preaching your dumb sermon.

still on JesusisLord.
#Dimieprincess
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by MalcoImX: 8:40pm On May 20, 2016
DesChyko:

His logic to drag the entirety of the ibo folk into the plight of this half-baked graduate from the East for obvious mischievous purposes is sound?? I should expect nothing less, not with the way you used 'we'.

However, what you expect from anyone is your expectation. No one is subject to what you expect. Especially not a person you know nothing about.
That's life Chyko. You either take it as you see it, or understand why we also view it that way. We may all be wrong, but it's a fact that as s northerner I felt pained when the Chinok girl's issue was turned exclusively into a northern problem. You were no different from us by showing us that you feel pained when this case is equally turned into an Igbo problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by Immunity1(f): 8:48pm On May 20, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

I'm not also concerned about your inability to construct a simple sentence in English Language. .What I feel concerned about is the difference between you and the said Chibok girl. Your written English is quack!
at least we understand his message i knew you are sadden because this report really tarnish your tribe
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by obailala(m): 8:50pm On May 20, 2016
dimieprincess:

hello parvenu, before we take u serious upload a video to substantiate this thread. We are talking about what the eyes have seen, you are here preaching your dumb sermon.

still on JesusisLord.
#Dimieprincess
Huh?
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by dimieprincess(f): 8:56pm On May 20, 2016
obailala:
Huh?
yeah sweet heart
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by AntidaftMOD: 8:57pm On May 20, 2016
Immunity1:
at least we understand his message i knew you are sadden because this report really tarnish your tribe

Lol. . .I'm neither Hausa/Fulani nor Yoruba nor Igbo. I'm proud of my State, Edo. So don't bring any tribe ish into this!

1 Like

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by Immunity1(f): 9:04pm On May 20, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

Lol. . .I'm neither Hausa/Fulani nor Yoruba nor Igbo. I'm proud of my State, Edo. So don't bring any tribe ish into this!
but why are you support mediocrity
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by AntidaftMOD: 9:07pm On May 20, 2016
Immunity1:

Which mediocrity are you talking about?
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by dimieprincess(f): 9:09pm On May 20, 2016
Immunity1:
You and d Chibok girl has no difference. Read your garbage again and tell me thank you.
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by Dcomrade(m): 9:09pm On May 20, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

I'm not also concerned about your inability to construct a simple sentence in English Language. .What I feel concerned about is the difference between you and the said Chibok girl. Your written English is quack!

Lol...just saw your mention and my said error.
But you had to quote me with insult to correct me.
Like I insulted her for making my point known?
Thanks for the correction but the insult was not necessary tbh.
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by Stalwert: 9:09pm On May 20, 2016
[s]
Lordave:

[/s]

With supposedly superior education you still make logic defying statement that shows the absolute absence of comprehension skills.
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by Dcomrade(m): 9:13pm On May 20, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
u are concern about 17yrs old girl, but not concern about 28yrs old graduate, how did the computer science graduate write and pass physic, she also graduate, while chibok girl has not even pass ssce

Didn't know abt the 28yrs old graduate before now, hence my opinion though.
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by obailala(m): 9:18pm On May 20, 2016
dimieprincess:

yeah sweet heart
What were u talking about earlier when u mentioned me?
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by dimieprincess(f): 9:21pm On May 20, 2016
obailala:
What were u talking about earlier when u mentioned me?
fi mi le jo, I can't remember
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by Stalwert: 9:24pm On May 20, 2016
lalasticala frontpage abeg we can no longer let cynical ingrates misinform the public
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by AntidaftMOD: 10:00pm On May 20, 2016
Dcomrade:

Lol...just saw your mention and my said error. But you had to quote me with insult to correct me. Like I insulted her for making my point known? Thanks for the correction but the insult was not necessary tbh.
Lol. . .I never meant to insult you boss. Anyway, I'm sorry! smiley
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by kuuljay(m): 10:20pm On May 20, 2016
Dcomrade:

Didn't know abt the 28yrs old graduate before now, hence my opinion though.
they were up to 30 that were rejected by their places of primary assignment because they couldn't communicate I remember vividly,most of them were from ESUT,and yes it's that bad am from middle belt and schooled in Abu zaria and thought the problem was peculiar to the north until I was posted to work in enugu and discovered first hand that there are undergraduates who can't speak English for you to grasp what they are talking about, I mean it

1 Like

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by Dcomrade(m): 10:24pm On May 20, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

Lol. . .I never meant to insult you boss. Anyway, I'm sorry! smiley
No problem...1 luv grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by Dcomrade(m): 10:25pm On May 20, 2016
kuuljay:
they were up to 30 that were rejected by their places of primary assignment because they couldn't communicate I remember vividly,most of them were from ESUT,and yes it's that bad am from middle belt and schooled in Abu zaria and thought the problem was peculiar to the north until I was posted to work in enugu and discovered first hand that there are undergraduates who can't speak English for you to grasp what they are talking about, I mean it
Interesting....kudos for the info. wink

1 Like

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by DesChyko: 12:27am On May 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
but it's a fact that as s northerner I felt pained when the Chinok girl's issue was turned exclusively into a northern problem. You were no different from us by showing us that you feel pained when this case is equally turned into an Igbo problem.

Felt pained, yes. Did I address it as a general problem to the culprit's tribe? No I didn't. You felt pained and you committed the error of overgeneralisation. That perhaps is the difference between us; Our perception of problem and solution. Ascribing logic to a premiss simply because it sates your emotional cravings is gross misgivings. That's part of what education should purge us of; the crude conceptions that abounds in us. #PeaceOut!
Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by KahlDrogo(m): 12:41am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You and I knows he brought this up just to defend this scam of a 'rescue'. Just the way you guys always justify every wrongdoings of this administration by referring to that of the last administration. Pathetic.
Illiterate. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by KahlDrogo(m): 12:57am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
^^^Strike through as usual vedaxcool
useless comment as usual several-anus-snape. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by KahlDrogo(m): 1:00am On May 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
[s]Mtcheeww... Some people are trying hard to justify this scam script play by APC. Nice one, but try harder, not all Nigerians are zombified humanoids.[/s]

some people are Always sounding like ghetto scums. Why is that so several-anus-snape?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback When A Graduate Couldn't Speak English by MeAboki(m): 2:38am On May 21, 2016
MalcoImX:
And dey come dey surprise say Chibok secondary school girl no fit speak English. dat na why dey even say d schoolgirl kidnap na scam. Oya Asari, if an dat you based your argument, what sayest thou of this Southern graduate wey no fit write or speak turenshi.

Na only that one, abeg, who never remember our former national disaster, mama Peace, aka PEJ - diaris God oOh!

In fact some of these fantastically corrupt regional exam results are beginning to slowly explain themselves.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Secret To Better Sexual Life / Biafran War Lords Parades In Imo State Pix / FG Moves To Revoke Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.