Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State (21102 Views)

Governor Dickson Enjoying A Boat Ride In Niger Delta Creeks. PICS / Rotimi Akeredolu Spotted Enjoying A Boat Ride With A Beautiful Lady (photos) / Emir Sanusi And His Wife On A Boat Cruise (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by wordychap: 9:28pm On May 20, 2016
Two Nigerian soldiers have been confirmed dead and several others injured in a boat mishap in Delta State, a day after a soldier drowned in Bayelsa State.
The latest incident, which happened on Friday, involved a military patrol team around the creeks of Egwa 1, near an SPDC flow station in Warri South West Local Government Area of Delta.
It came after another boat mishap at Agip’s oil field in Bayelsa on Thursday killed a soldier.
Some residents of the area told PREMIUM TIMES that the incident occurred around 10 am Friday.
The residents wondered why the military was deploying troops who could not swim to engage militants in their familiar terrain.
The incident, it was learnt, has thrown the Joint Task Force (JTF), Operation Pulo Shied and 3 Battalion of the Nigerian Army Effurun, into mourning.
Community sources also confirmed the incident but could not give details.
A senior military officer, who later confirmed the incident, said the military boat was carrying about 10 soldiers when it capsized.

The officer said they were on a normal routine patrol of oil installations around the Egwa 1 community when the incident occurred.
It was further gathered that those who sustained various degrees of injuries had been conveyed to an undisclosed hospital for medical care in Warri.
“We lost two of our soldiers to a boat mishap early this morning around Egwa 1 in Warri South West of Delta State. They were patrolling the creeks when the incident happened. Report reaching us says scores were injured,” the officer, who spoke on a condition of anonymity said.
Isa Ado, JTF’s spokesman could not be reached for response. Calls and a text message sent to his telephone line were equally not answered or replied.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/203783-soldiers-die-another-niger-delta-boat-mishap.html

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by wordychap: 9:30pm On May 20, 2016
EYah, sorry
U ain't seen nothing yet

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by Thewrath(m): 9:31pm On May 20, 2016
Hope they didn't die chasing the avengers that are trying to liberate us tongue

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by starpon1: 9:33pm On May 20, 2016
oyo for nigeria soldiers oyo for jtf oyo for new sheriff in town in oshomole voice go to the creek and die

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by Kingsasian(m): 9:42pm On May 20, 2016
Something tells me that the Niger Delta Avengers have gone spiritual. Two boat mishaps in two different locations, around oil installation platforms and only soldiers involved...

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 20, 2016
Nawa for Nigeria

Why not deploy the 2nd Amphibious Battalion, Bori Camp?

Na only amphibian fit fight amphibian.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by Pidggin(f): 10:17pm On May 20, 2016
PMB should try dialogue instead, it will save lives

18 Likes

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by virus04(m): 10:21pm On May 20, 2016
buhari cheesy james bond. continu..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by mbaboy(m): 10:47pm On May 20, 2016
The gods are angry with them

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by Lordave: 10:50pm On May 20, 2016
Na this ones wan capture Niger Delta Avengers?

RIP to the dead

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by LordMecuzy(m): 10:51pm On May 20, 2016
Soldiers injured from a boat mishap?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by virus04(m): 10:53pm On May 20, 2016
Lordave:
Na this ones wan capture Niger Delta Avengers?

RIP to the dead
cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by googlepikins: 10:56pm On May 20, 2016
And na the muntulas wey want go fight boys wey grow for sea. I dey laugh. Buhari deceiving people since 1984

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by MossadAgent: 10:59pm On May 20, 2016
The atlantic is big enough to swallow all of them including their korans.

Lol

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by gidgiddy: 10:59pm On May 20, 2016
This is one of the reasons why the Nigerian Army won't be able to defeat the Niger Delta militants. The Soldiers simply cannot swim. Puncture a boat in deep waters and the Nigerian Soldiers will most likely all drown. Most of the militants have been swimming since they were kids and can probably ecan rescue their drowning comrades

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by MossadAgent: 11:00pm On May 20, 2016
Kingsasian:
Something tells me that the Niger Delta Avengers have gone spiritual. Two boat mishaps in two different locations, around oil installation platforms and only soldiers involved...

Nigerian army is incompetent

That's the simple truth.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by MossadAgent: 11:01pm On May 20, 2016
gidgiddy:
This is one of the reasons why the Nigerian Army won't be able to defeat the Niger Delta militants. The Soldiers simply cannot swim. Puncture a boat in deep waters and the Nigerian Soldiers will most like all drown. Most of the militants have been swimming since they were kids and can probably eve recue their drowning comrades

The atlantic will drown a bokos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by ClintonDal(m): 11:19pm On May 20, 2016
How does someone become seriously injured in water? No one should tell me crap about water entering their lungs, that's out of the question. angry

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by afanide: 11:23pm On May 20, 2016
The person that is sending this Soldiers to go face this deadly Militants should GO FACE THEM HIMSELF.

Don't seat in your office to cause Women become Widows and children Fatherless.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by Frankiss44(m): 11:24pm On May 20, 2016
Lolz.. Bush meat catch hunter... Them die well

7 Likes

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by TheEclectic: 11:42pm On May 20, 2016
The problem is more than 80% of nigerian military/paramilitary personnel CANNOT swim, even the so called amphibious division, and it's a big shame...you can quote me anytime. Go and find out! For instance, how can a naval personnel not know how to swim?? I have a lot of them like that as friends. This shows the level of corruption a.k.a 'man-know-man' that goes on steadily in the recruitment and training process where people are enlisted without fully passing through the process. There's no way the nigerian military can defeat those boys in the creeks...they're no match. The nigerian military should consider training personnel right there in the creeks as part of their recruitment/training process.

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by knightsTempler: 12:14am On May 21, 2016
Buhari sending other people's children to the Abbattoir, he can't possibly be smarter than Yar'adua who granted this folks amnesty.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by caprini1: 12:20am On May 21, 2016
Aaah I miss the Nigerian soldiers of the Ecomog era,now those were Rambos.

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by Presidiotbuhari: 12:33am On May 21, 2016
cool
I hope omenka, passinshot, keneking, demdem, lacasa, nagoma, ngeneukwenu/cleverly and superstar isn't among those ill trained soldiers sent to die for nothing, in the creeks of ND?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by SuperSupremo(m): 12:34am On May 21, 2016
ok
Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by killsmith(f): 12:47am On May 21, 2016
You wan go play barca for camp nou?...i laugh...

16 Likes

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by jamace(m): 3:58am On May 21, 2016
Presidiotbuhari:
cool
I hope omenka, passinshot, keneking, demdem, lacasa, nagoma, ngeneukwenu/cleverly and superstar isn't among those ill trained soldiers sent to die for nothing, in the creeks of ND?
Where are these guys when we need them most? grin Hope the present hardship has not confounded them? grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by Clerverley2(m): 6:18am On May 21, 2016
The residents wondered why the military was deploying troops who could not swim to engage militants in their familiar terrain
Chai! Buhari.
Lalasticlala

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by proeast(m): 6:22am On May 21, 2016
If i'm a soldier & buhari sends me to go & die in the Niger Delta, I'll rather go on a tactical manuever than fight the Avengers, Walahi those guys are deadly!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State by ellechrystal(f): 6:23am On May 21, 2016
Thewrath:
Hope they didn't die chasing the avengers that are trying to liberate us tongue
Na so na, they deployed soldiers who couldn't swim to chase militants in their familiar environment, isn't that madness?
I bow for naija o

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Will Drag Dino Melaye To Court Without Delay – Police / Buhari Could Not Achieve More Because Nigeria Does Not Have Money – BMO / EndSARS: We Can’t Guarantee Security During Yuletide – Law Enforcement Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.