Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers (13940 Views)

Petty Trader Impersonates As Doctor, Moves To Transplant Heart For Patient. PICS / I Have Slept With 1000 Men - Benue Man Who Impersonates Female Prostitutes / Man Impersonates Gombe Governor Dankwambo Arrested (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by saintmark88(m): 6:25am On May 21, 2016
As the Federal Government prepares to make N500bn available for poverty alleviation, Nigerians have been urged not to fall prey to groups which claim to be acting on behalf of the Government only to dupe vulnerable citizens in the process.

The warning came just as the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission arrested one Umanah Umanah for allegedly duping several job seekers.
The ICPC said in a statement by the Commissioner, Public Enlightenment, Mrs. Rasheedat Okoduwa, that the suspect and members of his syndicate floated a loan scheme tagged, “President Mohammadu Buhari Poverty Alleviation Programme.”

The commission said the fraudulent scheme offered an unspecified number of unemployed Nigerians loans to the tune of N1m on the condition that they pay between N5, 000 and N7, 000 for processing fees and a form.

The statement read in part, “We arrested the ringleader of a fraudulent group that has been swindling unsuspecting Nigerians of their money through a fraudulent loan scheme tagged ‘President Mohammadu Buhari Poverty Alleviation Programme’.

“The scheme under the auspices of Magic Project Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society offered to beneficiaries interest-free and collateral-free loans up to the tune of N1m repayable over a period of 10 years. The beneficiaries had the option of repaying weekly N2, 100 or monthly N8, 400.

“However, to secure this loan, the applicant had to pay for an application form and a processing fee of N7, 000 and N5, 000 respectively.

“Further investigations by ICPC revealed that in spite of the fairly large number of applications over the period of time the group had been operating, not one applicant had received the loan.”

Investigations by the anti-graft agency also indicated that the scheme under the parent name ‘No Burn Global Limited’ was neither registered with any financial institution, the Central Bank of Nigeria nor the Abuja Municipal Area Council and therefore did not have appropriate authorisation to carry out investment or financial services.

“It became obvious that Umanah and his group’s hoodwinking of unsuspecting clients into paying the said sums for the purpose of the supposed loan was the actual target of the whole fraud scheme,” the statement added.

The suspect whose action violates and is punishable under Section 25 of the Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Act, 2000 will be charged to court accordingly.

The ICPC warned members of the public to be wary of dubious individuals and groups.

It urged people to always conduct checks with relevant authorities before committing their resources into business deals that promise fantastic returns.

http://www.punchng.com/man-impersonates-buhari-dupes-job-seekers/

1 Like

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by ORACLE1975(m): 6:27am On May 21, 2016
Kool
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Monalisa185(f): 6:33am On May 21, 2016
SMBH

1 Like

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by hungryboy(m): 6:45am On May 21, 2016
By the mention of the dullard's name,
Pesin 'change' must loss.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Taeewo(m): 7:00am On May 21, 2016
Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by twentyk(m): 7:13am On May 21, 2016
so ppl still dey fall mugu inside this harsh naijeria environment....

1 Like

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by YoursGEJ(m): 10:29am On May 21, 2016
See the name wey the mumu give him company "No Burn Global Limited". And the loan applicants no suspect the name. Both the duper and the dupees are at fault. Na illiteracy go kill this country grin

13 Likes

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by pretydiva(f): 10:29am On May 21, 2016
Dis is serious
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Big4wig(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2016
Nigeria ɪṣ d only place Where someone wld mistakenly hit u in a crowd &d next thing is for u to check ur "penis" if it's still there!!!cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Matildahenshaw(f): 10:30am On May 21, 2016
The person below me, I poo on ur head haha

2 Likes

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by salabscholar01(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2016
The person above me, I urinate upon your head forever...you're blessed with my urine tongue

8 Likes

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Integrityfarms(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2016
Negative intelligence
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Wuuworld(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2016
Let it be a TABOO unto me to associate myself with anything that has to do with BUHARI let alone MUHAMMADU....

Nothing good can ever come out from him...

Back to the fraudsters,the ends justify the means they said, but why on the poor masses that have already suffered enough

Why not be like smiling Hamza dt hacked over 217banks and used the money to help the less privilege in the society?

Bikonu,make u na take it softly with the job seekers and poor masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Chazzyboy: 10:30am On May 21, 2016
Too early
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by gisthit: 10:30am On May 21, 2016
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by titiakins: 10:30am On May 21, 2016
He isn't really in the wrong here

After all the person he's impersonating does the same to citizens

Only difference is he has an office!

7 Likes

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Faremisodeeq(m): 10:31am On May 21, 2016
.but some people are ZOMBIES ooo. How will you allow somebody claiming to be buhari dupe you in this kind dry Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by bright007(f): 10:31am On May 21, 2016
The warning came just as the Independent Corrupt
Practices and Other Related Offences Commission
arrested one [size=20pt] Umanah Umanah [/size]

Nairaland association of name checkers (NCAN)
Reporting for duty......

3 Likes

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by konflems: 10:31am On May 21, 2016
Integrityfarms:
Negative intelligence
It will send him to jail
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by princeade86(m): 10:31am On May 21, 2016
ok..... thanks so much...... Next news pls
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by NDdking: 10:31am On May 21, 2016
Who be buhari?
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by agrovick(m): 10:32am On May 21, 2016
Yes, I know we are all desperate in getting that big break as regards getting a well paying job or securing the necessary capital for establishing our various business ideas but there is the need to be careful as regards some things, if it looks too good to be true, flee from it because it's truly too good to be true. How people fall for this kind of scam is what I still don't understand
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Whizzdom(m): 10:32am On May 21, 2016
Ah. There are lots of desperado job seekers in Nigeria.

Even if the person is claiming Aliko Dangote wont you use your initiatve(brain).

Even the bible says it too and I quote "Find the root of all things genuinely." So you see.
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Nobody: 10:32am On May 21, 2016
the same set of people abusing him online

1 Like

Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by justwise(m): 10:33am On May 21, 2016
He duped illiterate job seekers and they deserved it
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Zico5(m): 10:33am On May 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by salabscholar01(m): 10:33am On May 21, 2016
Matildahenshaw:
The person below me, I poo on ur head haha
The person above me, I urinate upon your head forever...you're blessed with my urine tongue
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Nobody: 10:34am On May 21, 2016
[quote author=electionnuserna post=45827353][/quote]
Bros fear God na. How can your battery be 92% in the current state of Nigeria? This must be a scam
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Nobody: 10:34am On May 21, 2016
Correct man.
Since Sai BaBa has decided to practice WORLD WIDE NOMADISM, Nigerians have also learn to use his good office to give jobs to the teaming populace.

This happens when the CORRUPT decides to the Corrupt the anti-corruption crusader.
I pity the Guy.. He impersonated the wrong person.

But why is the name Umanah Umanah associated with fraud.. .?
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by izzou(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2016
Hmmmmm
I just came to check names sha
Was disappointed tho ;DHmmmmm
Re: Man Impersonates Buhari, Dupes Job Seekers by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Student Impersonates Emir Sanusi, Demands N1.8m From Victims / OPC, NSCDC Arrests 4 Suspected Kidnappers In Ibarapa, Oyo State / Two Nigerian Men Arrested With Drugs Worth Over ₦‎6 Million In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.