Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Will You Grow Up To Become A "Typical African Parent"? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Grow Up To Become A "Typical African Parent"? (1084 Views)

Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum / 20 Pictures Last Borns Of A Typical Nigerian Family Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Grow Up To Become A "Typical African Parent"? by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 6:28am On May 21, 2016
WILL YOU GROW UP TO BECOME A "TYPICAL AFRICAN PARENT"? by Justice Okwudike.

Re: Will You Grow Up To Become A "Typical African Parent"? by JUSTICEOFFICIAL(m): 6:30am On May 21, 2016
Is there anyone in the family that can get on your last nerve like the “typical African parent”?

A typical African parent is never wrong, ever! They never apologise for their mistakes or shortcomings, instead they find a way to reason around it (usually centered on wisdom) They always win.

A typical African parent will send you to school to get an education but will try to prove to you that what you’ve learnt at the university, they already know (why not home-school me and save all the money?)

A typical African parent will hardly ever let you go out to social gatherings but would continually question your single-hood once you hit late twenties.

A typical African parent hardly speak of the good in you but is quick to judge your mistakes.
A typical African parent’s ultimate defense is the part of the bible that says, “children, obey your parents…” but they forget that there’s a part of the same bible that says, “parents, do not provoke your children”!

A typical African parent wants you to be the best in everything. You must come out first place right from kindergarten till you graduate from the university with a first-class!

A typical African parent will worry about you hoping you are in a safe place at all times (and you have not joined bad gangs)

A typical African parent is willing to sell their last possession just to see you get ahead in life.

A typical African parent constantly wishes and prays that things go well with you and you make it far better than their life’s achievement so they can boastfully rejoice that their sweat wasn’t in vain and be able to brag about you to their friends while they bring out their phone to call you and yell at you why you haven’t sent the money they requested (just last night!)

Over to you

Re: Will You Grow Up To Become A "Typical African Parent"? by twentyk(m): 7:05am On May 21, 2016
me i think i will be an oyinbo parent....
Re: Will You Grow Up To Become A "Typical African Parent"? by misreal(m): 10:44am On May 21, 2016
yes,if my kids will be born in africa.but i will still make some changes or adjustment in order to suitr this jet age.
Re: Will You Grow Up To Become A "Typical African Parent"? by justman911(m): 12:35pm On May 21, 2016
Me? I think I would be an afro-oyinbo parent

(1) (Reply)

10 Kinds Of People You'll Meet In Shoprite / Hilarious!!! See What A Bored Mum Did To Her Son's Face (photos) / Please Help It's Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.