Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Is Uba Website Having Problems Or What? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Uba Website Having Problems Or What? (1679 Views)

Paypal And UBA Africard (prepaid Visa Debit Card) / Bloggers On , You Have Problems Or Need Some Advice Just Start Here. / Having Problems With Graphcard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Uba Website Having Problems Or What? by Afam(m): 11:58am On Aug 19, 2009
Can anyone attempt to view www.ubagroup.com?

I have been trying to visit the site but it seems there is a problem.

Abi dem don change name again to something else?
Re: Is Uba Website Having Problems Or What? by Cactus(m): 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2009
http://www.ubagroup.com/

it works

maybe your web browser doesnt drop the ? you placed at the end
Re: Is Uba Website Having Problems Or What? by Afam(m): 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2009
The site is ok now.

Cactus:

http://www.ubagroup.com/

it works

maybe your web browser doesnt drop the ? you placed at the end

The site was not coming up before. Even the u-direct @ www.ubadirect.com seems not to be logging any one in, not even error messages.
Re: Is Uba Website Having Problems Or What? by Cactus(m): 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2009
lol welcome to nigeria

nigeria biz sites are not optimized to be functional

changing url like changing strippers.

nigerian companies need to get their acts together really.

I think some dont yet realize how much the web can offer or improve their businesses.
Re: Is Uba Website Having Problems Or What? by TechPros(m): 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2009
Cactus:

lol welcome to nigeria

nigeria biz sites are not optimized to be functional

changing url like changing strippers.

what do you mean ? i don't think that was the problem. maybe their server was just down for a while or they were doing some maintenance.
Re: Is Uba Website Having Problems Or What? by yawatide(f): 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2009
Some other likely reasons:

1) Chances also are that they were doing an update/upgrade. If this is the case, chances are that they didn't take into consideration that they should have done it when they have the least traffic (like in the wee hours of the morning, on certain days).

2) Could be a server hiccup, maybe caused by power failure or switching to a gen.

3) Server crash: This might have required a reboot.

4) Could be the server is shocked, courtesy of Sanusi unleashing EFCC on bank execs tongue

Be it as it may, if it happened during normal business hours and it rarely happens, I will give them a pass. Otherwise, it is inexcusable - a bank website is a mission-critical application and so they should have built in fail-safe policies and redundancies to deal with all possible issues.
Re: Is Uba Website Having Problems Or What? by TechPros(m): 3:58pm On Aug 19, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

4) Could be the server is shocked, courtesy of Sanusi unleashing EFCC on bank execs tongue

grin o gba du
Re: Is Uba Website Having Problems Or What? by TechPros(m): 4:01pm On Aug 19, 2009
Cactus:

lol welcome to nigeria

you no dey fear Nigeria again , tell me which place for Iraq you dey tongue

(1) (Reply)

Need Someone To Help Build My Website / Blogging And Website / Adsense Acct For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.