Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU (1898 Views)

Ambode Donates 120 5KVA Generating Sets To Power Police Formations / Bolanle Ambode Donates Motorized Wheelchair To A Physically Challenged Boy (Pics / Peter Obi Donates Buses To Agulu Youths, N20m To 20 Agulu Villages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by ganisucks(f): 10:28am On May 21, 2016
The Jagaban of Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has been running his mouth about the inefficiency, profligacy and corrupt nature of Jonathan's SURE-P. Well let ♍ƺ show Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ, ΨђåƮ Tinubu understands as Palliatives.
The Lagos State Government monday donated 50
new high-capacity bus rapid transit (BRT) vehicles
to Primero Transport Services Limited to cushion
effect of new pump price of petrol on its
residents.
The firm’s Managing Director, Mr. Fola Tinubu,
disclosed this at a news conference he addressed
at its head office, Ikorodu alongside other top
officials, ruling out likelihood of increasing fares
due to rising inflation rate.
At the conference, Tinubu said the state
government under the administration of Governor
Akinwunmi Ambode had donated 50 new BRT
buses to Primero Transport Services Limited at
the instance of prevailing economic challenges in
the country.
He added that the decision of the state
government would substantially reduce the effect
of hike in fuel price on Lagos residents, hoping
that more people in Ikorodu and its environs
would patronise BRT.
The managing director explained that with what
the Ambode administration had done, more
commuters “will leave their cars at home and use
BRT,” which he said, would go a long way in
reducing traffic congestions to the road users and
waiting time at various terminals.
He explained that the multiplier effect of this kind
of intervention provided by the present
administration “will lead to creation of more job
opportunities for drivers, fleet officers, inspectors,
mechanics, ticketers for smooth running and
operations of the business.”
However, the managing director ruled out the
likelihood of increasing fares along the Ikorodu-
CMS corridor, noting that there was no reason to
increase fares with what the buses the governor
had donated.
Tinubu also disclosed the plan of the company to
expand to other parts of the state, though Lagos
Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA)
and the state government had not granted
approval.
He reeled out the achievement of the company
since its takeoff in November, noting that more
than 1,500 persons “have been employed. With
the 50 new buses from the state government, the
company would employ more people.”
He added that the company provided services “to
300,000 commuters daily, though the target was
400,000. The firm has not been able to attain the
feat due to reconstruction of the BRT lanes from
Ojota to CMS.
Currently, the managing director put the travel
time on the corridor at 45 minutes, noting that
plan was underway “to ensure that no commuter
waits at bus stations more 15 minutes. But
presently no commuter waits at bus stations
more than 30 minutes.”
www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/17/lagos-donates-50-buses-to-cushion-effect-of-fuel-price-hike/
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by ganisucks(f): 10:31am On May 21, 2016
If this is ΨђåƮ the Jagaban calls Palliatives, A̶̲̥̅̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥D̶̲̥̅̊ if this is the way the APC will distribute their 5k a month for 1000000 wretched people. Then it would be better for the FG †̥♥ go back †̥♥ subsidy.
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by ganisucks(f): 10:45am On May 21, 2016
Sorry about the mixup. A̶̲̥̅♏ preparing for D wedding.
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by slimfit1(m): 10:54am On May 21, 2016
Ambode 50 can you do mathematics at all how many people would 50 take when we have 25 to 30 million people living in Lagos 50 too small for Lagos. 200 at least.
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by phemmyutd(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2016
slimfit1:
Ambode 50 can you do mathematics at all how many people would 50 take when we have 25 to 30 million people living in Lagos 50 too small for Lagos. 200 at least.
h

Please remind me how many buses Gej gave Lagos state in 2012 Subsidy Palava
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by slimfit1(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2016
phemmyutd:
h

I don't know, I don't care and its not about GEJ anymore I'm not his fan. I am talking as a citizen now as a yoruba man please don't bring that kind of sentiments to this discussion it doesn't make sense to me.
Think about people here. Lagos is a big state she should have a big commercial bus network that other states would be able to emulate even countries. I know with its poor standards it is still the best in Nigeria but i think the governor can do better with a little bit of common sense.

Please when I make my comment I am not loyal to any apart from my state and country please so don't think I am here to support any human being.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by slimfit1(m): 11:20am On May 21, 2016
phemmyutd:
h

Just to remind you that the finance minister then did set up funds that state government could tap into so as much as I hate both off them minister and GEJ the states are the once who didn't go through the right channel.
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by chinchum(m): 12:16pm On May 21, 2016
slimfit1:
I didnt know the LASG withdrew all commercial buses in lagos to donate 50 buses, cos that is what your statement implies
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by seunny4lif(m): 12:28pm On May 21, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by slimfit1(m): 1:10pm On May 21, 2016
chinchum:

I didnt know the LASG withdrew all commercial buses in lagos to donate 50 buses, cos that is what your statement implies

Where did i mention withdraw abeg oh
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by dimieprincess(f): 1:57pm On May 21, 2016
that's my governor and not some juju like governor leading the blind people of Osun. Ambode, Wike and Obiano are my only governors. The rest can go and kiss Buhari's ass.
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by rose54321: 2:29pm On May 21, 2016
This is my only issue with the federal government, their palliative are inadequate.
They should have followed this trend and supplied more buses, to all states in the federation.
Whoever advised Buhari on the current palliative needs a lesson in welfare management.

Pareto optimality, is a state of allocation of resources in which it is impossible to make any one individual better off without making at least one individual worse off.
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by Victorvexz(m): 2:32pm On May 21, 2016
Wonderful
Re: Ambode donates 50 palliatives buses to Fola TINUBU by phemmyutd(m): 2:32pm On May 21, 2016
slimfit1:

I don't know, I don't care and its not about GEJ anymore I'm not his fan. I am talking as a citizen now as a yoruba man please don't bring that kind of sentiments to this discussion it doesn't make sense to me.
Think about people here. Lagos is a big state she should have a big commercial bus network that other states would be able to emulate even countries. I know with its poor standards it is still the best in Nigeria but i think the governor can do better with a little bit of common sense.

Please when I make my comment I am not loyal to any apart from my state and country please so don't think I am here to support any human being.

Thanks for your polite response. But mind you Lagos don't need more vehicles for her transportation any longer. There are enough vehicle filled up our roads here.
Government should concentrate more on Rail Systems and Water ways to make transportation more bearable for Lagosians. My personal thinking though

(1) (Reply)

The Impeding War In Niger Delta Led To Sack of Some Army General From SS&SE. / Why Do Some Nigerians See The Call For Biafra As A Call For War? / Nigerian Man Attacks Fani-kayode In Open Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.