Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,253 members, 7,957,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:48 PM

Maternity Leave And Lateness Issue: An Urgent Help Pls - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Maternity Leave And Lateness Issue: An Urgent Help Pls (1306 Views)

How Can An Employee Write A Letter To Ask For Leave To Write An Exam? / Sacked After Resumption From Maternity Leave / Career Women, I Need Your Help Pls (Maternity Leave) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maternity Leave And Lateness Issue: An Urgent Help Pls by ladydom: 2:35pm On Aug 19, 2009

pls N/Landers i need ur help. I am working with a company for the pass 6 yrs  now now am confuse on what to do cos i just got married and am very heavy now so i could not meet up with my resuming time sometime i will be late for 30min to 1hr late which my manager had warned me not to come late but i try all my possible best to keep to the time .

The Problem now is that she is asking me to go on leave if i could not keep to the time or else she sack me

i should be due by next month by the grace of God and i would want to finish this month of August so i could start my leave in the month of Sept.

pls i need ur advice mostly especially the women 

thanks
Re: Maternity Leave And Lateness Issue: An Urgent Help Pls by choppy(f): 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2009
Hello dear,

I understood what you wrote,however,i would advise you endeavour to meet up with the time so you can have your marternity leave in full.I am in the same condition you are and i run shift in my office, most time i resume at 7am and i have to leave my house before 6am so as to meet up with the resumption time.

So, it is all about commitment and self denial.If you can't cope now how about when the baby arrives and you have lot of responsibilties to attend to?

It is also my first and i discovered that one feels better in the third trimester than the first trimester.So please save your job and remember economy crises.

Kind regards.
Re: Maternity Leave And Lateness Issue: An Urgent Help Pls by Outstrip(f): 4:03am On Aug 22, 2009
Why don't you try to go to bed a little earlier. I know some women suffer insomnia as they get closer to their due date but if you want to keep this job then you have to drag yourself out of that bed and be at work on time. Mind over matter. It is well
Re: Maternity Leave And Lateness Issue: An Urgent Help Pls by DisGuy: 12:08pm On Aug 22, 2009
why don't you want to take your maternity leave now? you are heavily pregnant
Think about your health not the job/money, your job will be waiting for you

You can arrange to come back as part time worker when you leave is over
best thing to do is have an agreement with you company
Re: Maternity Leave And Lateness Issue: An Urgent Help Pls by cassidynca(m): 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2009
The truth is that you need to keep your job because one day you will give birth to the baby, and once the baby comes, more responsibilities.
What am saying in effect is try and get out of the house early, i know its not easy,but to keep your job moreso in this global economic meltdown time when almost all firms are looking for flimsy reasons to releave people of their jobs.
Just like the other lady said, if you go on leave now, by the time you give birth, yu will have little or no time to nurture your baby.
Try and manage and keep your job , then by the time you deliver, you can enjoy your full leave and byt hen you will be fulfiled because you would have kept your job, had your baby and balanced your life.
Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Become A Certified Event Manager And Venue Decorator In 2 Months / Be A Solar Power Generator Engineer!!! / Get Certified In Oil And Gas Safety Management From Oshacademy (USA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.